1. English Year 4 Lesson Plan
Date : 24 July 2017
Subject : English Language
Class : 4 Arif
Day : Thursday
Time : 8.25am – 9.25am
Enrolment : 29 students
Level : Moderate Language Proficiency
Theme : World of Knowledge
Topic : Unit 10: Unity in Diversity
Focused skill : Writing
Integrated skill : Reading
Learning standards :
3.2.2 Able to write with guidance.
Learning objectives : By the end of the lesson, students will be able to
a) Write using appropriate language, form and style for a range of purposes.
b) Write notices in a correct form and language.
Educational emphases : CCTS
- answering Wh-Questions
- Realize the important of unity in our country.
- Interpersonal intelligence, linguistic intelligence
Language content : Vocabulary
- Description of different festivals and events.
Steps/ Time Content Teaching and Learning Strategies Remarks
(5 minutes) Some possible questions that will be ask:
Have you seen notices before?
Have you write a notice before?
Do you know the uses of notices?
1. Teacher asks some questions about
2. Teacher gives introduction on writing
(15 minutes) 1. Teacher asks the pupils to open
2. Teacher shows a sample of notices
at the board.
3. Teacher gives explanation about
4. Teacher uses the notices at the
board for an example.
Refer to page 99 on
Shown in Appendix B
(15 minutes) Worksheet:
Cut, paste and rearrange the part of the
notices in the correct order.
1. Teacher distributes worksheet to the
2. Teacher explains the worksheet to the
3. Pupils need to cut the part of notices
and paste it on the answer sheet in a
4. Teacher gives guidance and
explanations to the pupils while they
do the worksheet.
5. Teacher discusses the answer with the
Refer to Appendix C
List of topic for notices:
Things to bring for arts and craft lesson.
Changes to the examination dates.
A list of homework.
1. Teacher divides the pupils into six
2. Teacher gives each group a Mah-jong
paper, marker pens and an envelope
contain topic for notices.
3. Teacher gives explanation to the pupils
about the activity.
2. marker pens
Shown in Appendix D
4. 4. Pupils need to write a notice based on
the topic given in the envelope in the mah-
5. Teacher will choose a group to present
their work in front of the class.
(5 minutes) Conclusion 1. Teacher revises on what the pupils
had learnt today.