O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Group Members :
• Axe is a cool, iconic brand launched in India in 1999 by Hindustan Unilever.
• It is the largest selling male deodorant in India.
• Also it has a variety of male grooming products such as Axe Aftershave
Lotions & Axe BodyWash.
• All timeTagline of AXE is “The Axe Effect” but in the last adv. it was “Score
• BrandAmbassador ofAxe India is Ranbir Kapoor.
Segment Single segment : Male ( )
Target Group Targets the male urban youth – mass urban product
The company extensively usesTV ads and conducts
They emphasize on the message that the Brand users
are High on Confidence.
"Adventurous” Marketing Strategy because this brand
deals with girls and seduction..
Brand Personality is a set of HumanCharacteristics associated with a Brand.
Main Characteristics Associated with AXE are -
• All the deodorants that Axe produced are successful because of the quality
and effective promotions.
• Their adv. Campaigns and promotional strategy is a benchmark.
• All the fragrances are premium and new to this genre.
• Campaigns like chocolate month of the year, CLICK, Score more were a
• The advertisement of Axe deals with Girls & Seduction and there was rise in
• Many cases and law suits were filed against the Advertisements showcased.
• Axe is a brand which has other products like Aftershave gel & Axe body wash
which is a complete failure of the brand.
• Initially, it caused infections and skin problems because of the chemicals
1. Market Leadership
3. Excellent advertising and branding targeting the youth.
4. Good distribution, Promotions and campaigns for luring
5. Famous for creative advertisements.
1. Only an urban market phenomenon
2. High pricing reduces the target market
3.Controversial advertising often leads to legal issues
1. Coming up with Limited Edition fragrances.
2.Tie up with hotel chains and large organizations like gym
3. Create a new product lines, targeting female customers.
1. Risk of being a brand for enhancing the men sex-appeal.
2. Copy by the competitors.
3. Emerging local players with lesser price.
4. Spray emits damages to the environment.
• Dove is a personal care brand started by Unilever.
• This brand came to India in 1995
• It is imported and marketed by Hindustan Unilever Limited.
• The DoveWhitening Deodorant was launched in India in Feb 2013
• It was very well received.
• This brand is positioned as a brand that celebrates the ‘real women’
• It emphasises on the ethical aspect of beauty
• Casting ‘real’ women for ads, emphasises on the moral aspect of beauty and
• It also builds an emotional tie with women
• Target group:
• Gender: Female
• Income: Middle Income group
• It focuses on women of all ages(real women approach)
• Dove does not use models or actresses as their brand ambassadors
• They follow one concept: RealWomen
• They cast women who are average sized and elderly to convey this
• The Dove Real Beauty campaign has featured a number of women who are
displaying everyday beauty.
• This is a departure from the images in beauty magazines that suggests that
every woman has to be extremely skinny and have a perfect body.
• Dove's products are also affordable and accessible to everyone, to indicate
that every woman can feel beautiful every single day.
• The campaign has been well-received with women, which is why it's still
• Yardley , though a brand with high recall and recognition, was languishing in
the Indian market because of the lack of marketing support.There was
seldom any campaign for the brand neither it was promoted at the store
level.The new owner inWipro has a very successful marketing history
demonstrated by the success of the brand Santoor.
• In November 2009, Wipro acquired the rights for marketingYardley in Asia.
The ad gave the message of heritage , London Connection, Signature
fragrance , attributes ofYardley.
Yardley deodorant's are successful due to following reasons:-
• Reasonable price
• Its successful fragrance are English Rose and Lavender – due its soft and feline smell.
• Long Lasting
• Wipro has made its first major initiative forYardley by roping in the current Bollywood Diva
Katrina Kaif as the brand ambassador forYardley.The brand expects to ride in the current
sensation's popularity to make a comeback in the Indian personal care market
• Before going into the quality of the campaign, its important to
understand the tactical significance of such a move.Yardley
wants to move fast in terms of reinforcing its brand credentials. It
want to announce its resurgence fast and make an impact. For
that celebrity endorsement offers a reasonable strategic sense.
• But as usual , the execution failed the brand strategy.The ad was
poorly made in the sense that there was no creative spark in it.
The theme, execution, message everything was so cliché that the
ad never made any impact. At best it reminded about the brand
nothing more nothing less.
• The Red Rose deodorant ofYardley was not that successful within
the consumers as it was too strong and did not like it.
• Rexona is the brand that created the deodorant market in India.This brand
is a classic case the proves the marketing ability of Hindustan Lever
• Rexona deodorant introduced lots of variants in order to create strategic
pre-emption for the competition to enter the category. Rexona Deodorant is
now positioned as a unisex brand with the baseline “Wont let you down”. It
is highliting the brands as world’s largest selling deo and the rational benefit
of 24hr protection.
• Demographic (13to 35, male or female)
• Lifestyle (Vain, Athletic, Fashionable/Trendy, Active/always )
• Behavior(wants to stay fresh/odorless and have whiter underarms)
What is generic winning strategy?
● Low Cost Producer
● Supply and Distribution Leverage
• A good aroma while not being too strong
• Long lasting effects
• Reduction of sweat and body odour
• Reasonable price
• Ability to blend with and not clash with other perfumes that may be used
along with the product
• presence of Rexona’s unique body-responsive technology, which releases
• Long lasting deodorant, will not let down its customers
• Only deodorant tailored to the needs of both sexes, with separate product
ranges for each.
•Nivea is a global skin and body-care brand that is owned
by the German company Beiersdorf.The company was
founded on March 28, 1882 by pharmacist Carl Paul
Internet being one of the best way of marketing because it affects
people a lot.
These days, we can say that the success and failure of the product
depends on the internet.This internet means the blogs, review of
the product, and recommendation.
One of the success Nivea deodorant
product is ‘Nivea pearl&beauty’.
this product also affected from the internet. Some
people who used this product said a
good word as a review on their blogs so that
other people can try the same product
The failure deodorant product can be said most
of the roll-on deodorant. The reason why is
because many people says that Spray deodorant
is much more comfortable than roll-on
deodorant and spray deodorant lasts longer than
roll-on deodorant. Also, they say that it doesn’t
feel good when they apply this roll-on
deodorant on their body.They says it is sticky.