1. Nana Wambui Kimemia
Address: P.O. Box 9149 00200 Office Tel: +254735 162 881
Nairobi Mobile: +254 710 935 104
Kenya E-mail: email@example.com
An energetic, self-driven Operations and Business Development practitioner with over 10 years of
both strategic and operational experience in organizations. A strong customer relations background with
experience in project management, managing a huge credit portfolio, developing customer service
culture, Strategic planning, Forecasting, Performance management, Change management, Recruitment &
Able to use own initiative and work as part of a team. Proven leadership skills, including
managing and motivating teams to achieve departmental and organizational objectives. Noted as an
effective communicator at all levels within the organization. Decision maker and adept strategist with
strong start up and exceptional ability to resolve complex business challenges and improve profitability by
minimizing expenses and increasing revenue. Strong proficiency in developing corporate strategy, policy
and process documents, development and adherence of standards
• Project Management
• Performance Management
• Change Management
• Developing a Service Culture
• Strategic Planning
Planning & Organization
• Trained in Project Management methodology and have successfully delivered local projects which
require attention to detail and end to end process management in process centralization and leading
the largest team in system changeover. Also successfully championed centralization.
• Currently Project Manager of a Bank initiative to open a new bank in an emerging market in a
different country, Customer Relationship Management tool, Data enrichment among others.
• Breaks work and projects into key activities; identifies priorities and milestones, as well as resource,
timing and cost implications
• Able to translate company strategy into actionable plans for the team and inspire people to deliver
results beyond expectations by managing 21 assistant managers operationally.
• Plays a highly influential role in nurturing positive organizational culture that focuses on creating the
right environment for people and teams to flourish. Recognizes team and individual contribution
Drive for Results:
2. • Demonstrable track record of exceeding role requirements evidenced by high performance
demonstrated by the special assignment given.
• Identifies obstacles to achieving the organization’s strategy; anticipates and overcomes barriers in
order to complete important tasks on time
• Increased Hurlingham branch deposit level by 1.6 B in four months
Coaching and Mentoring:
• Proactively creates inspiring, challenging and relevant development opportunities and translates them
into clear, mutually agreed targets and monitors progress
• Selects communication methods based on the needs of the recipients in order to assess strengths and
weaknesses and thus agree on development targets
• Mentoring colleagues and over 8 colleagues currently hold managerial positions in the organization,
with proven positive outcomes in their personal development over the past 4 years
• Recognizes trends and developments and their consequences for the company and team, and sets
new priorities. Measures performance on a regular basis and adjusts team goals where necessary
• Identifies need for improvement and takes appropriate actions
Career Summary: Key Responsibilities and Achievements
Managing Director - E Arrow Consulting Group Ltd
January 2014 to date
The Elecktra Arrow Consulting Group Ltd provides top-quality consulting services, corporate event
management, professional development and training amongst other services. We are dedicated to
providing insight and quality services to the corporate industry in Africa in line with economic
development goals. We offer the following services:
• SME Strategy & Business Process Consulting
• Business Talent Outsourcing
• Professional and Management Development Services ( Training included)
Conducted Bank Operations training in Alfa Commercial Bank in Juba South Sudan, Women in
Leadership in James Finlay Kenya , Leadership and Life Mapping at Akili Dada and excellent
Customer Experience at the Apollo Group, Strategic Mapping for SME’s and Human Resource:
The SME nightmare?
Working with the following SME’s in strategy and operations
Dreamcast GMBH, Crosslife Movement , Mwafaka Entertainment ltd .
3. Chase Bank (K) Ltd
Project Management Senior Manager
February 2013 to Sept 2014
Responsible for the overall project and its successful completion. To succeed in this responsibility, I have
worked closely with the Project Sponsor to ensure that adequate resources are applied. I have also had
the responsibility for planning and ensuring that the project is successfully completed on time, within
budget, and at an acceptable level of quality and solely responsible for its execution.
• Implementing the project management policy framework and procedures.
• Acquiring resources required to perform work.
• Maintaining staff technical proficiency and productivity, and provide training where required.
• Establishing and maintain quality in the project.
• Identifying and procure tools to be used on the project.
Responsible for several key Bank projects to grow business and enhance efficiency and serve as the
project manager for venturing the Islamic bank wing in an emerging market, Chase bank express
outlets and agency banking, Data enrichment for the bank and Customer Relationship Management
• Customer relationship management software implementation which the bank has tried to do so for 5
years but failed. Moved completion date from December 2013 to 1st
September. Project at 80%
• Data enrichment is a project that is at 75% completion and this has never been achieved for the 4
times we have tried it.
• Successfully running (as per the schedule and qualitatively) the Core Banking Software
implementation of Chase Iman our Islamic wing which shall be implemented in an emerging market.
Central Processing Unit Senior Manager (Operations)
February 2012 to February 2013
Responsible for the inception of back office Operations Section in HQ having transferred banking
back office duties from the 21 branches and centralizing the process. Achieved by supporting and
managing the Assistant Branch Managers (21 managers )activities so that consistent standards of
service excellence are met through quality monitoring practices, workforce management and
implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and ensuring process ownership both
centrally and in the branch through synergies.
• Manage Operations business plan, budgetary process and cost control, with OPEX allocation of
4. • Forecast Operations workload and manage service level KPIs. Analyse operational trends and real time
activities; take appropriate prompt action in order to maintain superior service delivery.
• Constantly re-engineer process to align with the business strategy
• Develop central processing unit contact processes to ensure prompt resolution of customer queries
• Develop team skills & competencies required to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and customer
• Coordinate dept. training on products, services and systems
• Maintain contact & build consensus with other departments for quick complaints resolution
• Provide support customer experience through operational efficiency through technology
• Successfully implemented centralization in the bank and trained the branches in the same.
• Developed processes that supported the centralized structure and SOP for branches in light with the
new centralised operations.
• Enrolled into HQ sponsored Coaching & Mentoring program for Senior Managers: monthly face to
face interaction and weekly email correspondence to discuss progress with a personal coach assigned.
• Team member in the bank’s Operations Risk Committee (ORCO)which constantly reviews the security,
operations and business risks of the bank.
Branch Operations Manager
June 2011- February 2012
Responsible for coordinating operations for our 21 branches, Achieved by supporting and managing the
Assistant Branch Managers 21 activities so that consistent standards of service excellence are met through
quality monitoring practices, workforce management and implementation of continuous improvement
initiatives and ensuring process ownership and synergy.
• Operations Strategy and policy implementation.
• Ensure compliance with cash ratio requirement.
• In-charge of the Bank’s remittances.
• Branch Cash management and distribution
• Branch Monitoring.
• Communication & relationship management.
• Record management and reporting.
• Training & staff development
• Performance management & compliance
• Cost focus to drive improvement in the cost to revenue ratio.
• Branches and assets safely guarded against preventable loss.
• Regular checks made to ensure that Branches are adequately staffed to provide a prompt and
effective service to their customers.
• Any lapses in the application of routine, risk and loss control procedures highlighted by Audit and Risk
Control officers to be addressed in consultation with the Branch management.
5. • Participation and support to the various business initiatives and rollout of new/enhanced products.
• Successfully ensured the culture of compliance to internal controls and adherence to the highest
standards of quality both within the processes and Excellency in services to clients in conjunction with
the audit, risk and general inspection team.
• Developed in partnership with HR team, a comprehensive training program for Assistant Branch
Managers that entailed leadership, developing a performance driven culture to financial reporting and
• Enrolled into HQ sponsored Coaching & Mentoring program for Assistant Branch Managers: monthly
face to face interaction and weekly email correspondence to discuss progress with a personal coach
• Team Leader in Systems Migration & Upgrading Project 2011, in charge of cut-over activities , with a
key deliverable in overseeing cut-over and rapid activation of disaster recovery plan and handling
post go live issues.
• Member of the Customer Experience Team incorporated by the CEO to ensure that the customer
points of contact at the bank were fulfilling experiences to ensure satisfaction.
• Member of the Branch Resourcing team that overlooked strategically where the bank should
strategically plant branches and oversaw the implementation of the same.
Branch Manager-Chase Bank (K) Ltd
August 2009- July 2011
Managed 3 branches in the bank. City Centre which had the largest portfolio n the bank and sing
handedly generated 334m in profits in the year 2011 and the bank declared 350M profits for the
Hurlingham branch which I managed for 4 months and deposits grew by over 1 Billion.
Eastleigh Branch which I had been sent to clean up due to internal challenges.
March 2006 to November 2007 Senior Support officer- Cash and operations
Qualifications and Professional Development
Course/Qualification Provider Year
• Bachelor of Arts, Business Studies and Sociology Kenyatta University 2005 – 2007
• Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education Mama Ngina Girls High School 1992 – 1995
Relevant Trainings Attended
• SME lending Tom Lawton Aug 2010
6. • Effective Selling Skills Training Workshop Raiser Group 2010
• Balanced Score CardAltima Africa 2008-2010
• Effective Customer Care Leaders in ActionOctober 2007
• Women in Leadership Series(WILS)| Strathmore Business School|2010
• Leadership Sunny Bindra | 2011
• New Managers Leadership Programme | Strathmore Business School|2011
• Six Seconds EQ- 2016
• CWEP Cohort II – U.S.I.U 2015-2016
Member – Bankers without Borders- Grameen Foundation
Paul Sesi Ian W. King'ara
Chase Bank(K)Ltd United Bank for Africa
Head of Service Delivery and Alternate channels Head of Operations
P.O.Box 18189 00100 GPO P.O.Box 3370 00100 Nairobi
Mobile Phone No. +254 0712-364290 Mobile: +254-732-602003
Lores Group Limited.
Mobile Phone No. +254 0722 830 158