1. SURESH KUMAR NARVA
09703803657, 09866132579, (Res.): 040 – 24341377
Seeking leadership positions to head Operations / Service Delivery / Process Management / New Projects &
Initiatives with an organisation of repute
Summary of Achievements
• An astute professional with over 18 years’ extensive experience, inclusive of 15 years’ experience in finance industry,
overseeing Operations, finance, MI, quality & Customer services in the Marketing, Banking & Mutual fund sectors,
Process Management, Call Centre Technology Administration and end to end Project Management. Initial experience
in the marketing Industry.
• Successfully launched 50 NFO’s (New fund offers) overseeing MI’s reports, reconciliations and allotment with zero
percent errors with revenues worth Rs. 620 crores
• Single point of contact for customer complaint resolutions for high network customers.
• Worked as Manager Operations with Reliance Mutual Fund IN R&T the number one asset management company in
India - handling brokerage, Dividends, Redemptions, and Investments.
• Proficient at maintaining cordial relationship with customers, ensuring quality and service norms to achieve customer
satisfaction and business retention.
• Deft at skills in Business Development/ and Analysis/ Receivable Management/ Credit Management/ Channel
Management / Investment banking and Brokerage with reputed companies in the Financial Services industry.
• Adept at Client Relationship Management with knowledge of client’s requirement & resolving their queries.
• Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills with proven abilities in team management,
customer relationship management and planning.
• Adroit in running successful process operations, technology implementation, process migration and stabilization, &
experience of developing procedures, service standards for business excellence.
• Resourceful in Project Management encompassing planning, design, analysis, scope & risk management, contingency
planning, resource handling and ensuring on-time delivery.
• Keen customer centric approach with skills in addressing client concerns and resolving escalations within prescribed
TAT, thereby attaining customer delight and high Customer Satisfaction Scores.
• Possess proactive attitude, capability to think in & out of the box. Excellent interpersonal, communication and
organizational skills with proven abilities in customer relationship management.
• Implementing C-Sat survey for financial process.
• Received best appreciation award for Disaster Management from Axis Mutual Fund
• Received best employee award for the year 2010 – 2011 from Axis Mutual Fund
• Received MIS category award for sharing and coordinating reports to senior management in Reliance Mutual Fund
• Recovered 13 cr in the Reliance equity fund launch
• Received Quality achievement award in ICICI Bank by K.V.Kamat ( CEO Of ICICI Bank)
• Received best employee award in leader ship and the queue management in Capital First
• Certified in NISM “National Institute Of Security Markets” (2012)
2. • Certified AMFI “Association of Mutual Fund of India” (2010)
• Certified in ITIL “Information Technology Infrastructure Library” (2010)
• Certificate in Computer Systems & Quality Management from GNIIT in 1997 to 1999.
• Certificate in Export Marketing and Finance from Indian Institute of Export Management in 1997.
Job Role and Key functional areas with achievements
Asst vice President CAPITAL FIRST
August 2014 – Present (1 year 10 months) Hyderabad Area, India
Ensuring smooth and timely completion of daily processes at , Credit Processing Agency like loan against property, home
loans, consumer loans and two wheeler loans coordinating with the sales, investigation agencies, credit and risk departments
• Handling South Zone of INDIA, those are working for Operations and disbursement for Mortgage products (HL, LAP),
Business Loans and Personal Loans for Pan India branches
• Working on Sanction but not disbursed cases which are received from branches for disbursement.
• Maintaining daily disbursement MIS for HL, LAP, BIL & PL products, which are received by pan India branches.
• Handling Data Entry & Quality Check of Inward files for disbursement and maintaining 100% accuracy.
• Handling payments for CL, TW, HL, LAP, BIL & PL products, which are processed via HDFC corporate payment.
• Maintaining daily payment tracker MIS with daily reconciliation for audit purpose and no duplications of payments for all the
• Handling daily deferral tracker, where cases disbursed with OTC/Non OTC for payment purpose.
• Publishing regular MIS to all branches for non-issued payment cases for daily follow up, which helps to maintain the
payment TAT for each case, each product.
• Publishing weekly MIS for non- collected BT receipts for BT cases disbursement to all Pan India branches, which is help to
keep records for BT docs transactions.
Projects in Hand
• De- centralization of all branches for booking/disbursement of all the retail products across Pan India.
• Providing operations training to all the branches every month on month for disbursement of all the products.
• Completed 5 branches for disbursement training, where they doing all the products booking and payments by own branch.
Worked for Axis Mutual Fund from September 2009 to to July 2014 as Senior Manager Operations
• Identifying, Recording, monitoring & mitigating the risk areas in the financial function - Eliminate Error in Transactions,
Timely and Accurate Processing of financial transactions, Monitor the transactions processed in order Develop and
monitor a monthly MI Monitoring Report which encapsulates errors identified by the registrar/ external sources
• Conceptualized and implemented new ideas to deliver on customer expectations. Provide market intelligence on the
industry trends and MIS of existing schemes. As part of MIS requirement develop & monitor a monthly registrar which
captures the errors identified by the registrars.
• Ensured that all process & system are audit compliant and to share the report with the team members. Responsible for
revert to the auditors on the observations by the auditors
• Identifying, Recording, monitoring & mitigating the risk areas in the functional areas to all the requisite departments.
3. • Personally demonstrated that external or internal customers are high priority. Have to identify customer needs and
expectations and respond to them in timely and effective manner. Anticipate and prevent delay or other things that can
adversely affect the customer on a daily basis.
• An effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback.
• Ensured that there are zero incidences of any regulatory (SEBI) error/incidents.
Prepared required notes to ensure proper implementation of the methodology communicated by the SEBI regulators.
• Designed and managed processes that tracks and captures investor complaints as well as errors at the registrars and
also to facilitate elimination of errors in transactions and allotments resulting in timely and accurate processing of
• Communicate in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon to fulfil any commitments made to others on
• Recognized opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them and looks for new and productive ways to make
an impact. Demonstrated this characteristic while generating new ideas or processes, capitalizing on new business
• Presently handling a team size of 150 members across multiple functions & locations
• Responsible for service delivery of client.
• Continuous interaction with the client and vendor to bridge up the communication gaps.
• Ensuring continuous interaction with the customer to make sure that area of concerns can be worked upon for improved
• Conducting continuous audits on MIS to ensure compliance and sound functioning of the process.
• To ensure that the team adheres to all the quality tools and procedures.
• Ensuring the highest level of quality in operations.
• Taking initiatives through various programs like dip stick audit that the new hires adhere to all the policies and procedures
• Handling projects related product & process which simplify operations, which leads to Cost to Serve (C2S).
• Setting up targets and goals for the process – setting and maintaining QTS (Quality Tracking System) & provide FTR (first
time resolution) to the customers.
• Involved in resource & capacity planning based on volume projections given by the Management
• People and Process management.
• Conflict Management.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skill.
• Complex Client handling.
• Strategically thinking and translating strategy into action plans.
• Strong analytical skills with an ability to solving problem adopting win-win negotiation approach.
• Ability to lead people on large, multi-functional efforts.
• Expert knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PPT, Access, Word)
• Well versed in operating Finacle (Banking Software), Siebel, Avaya, Blue Pumpkin, Direct Enterprise (Wess) Rostering
Management Reporting & Financial System
Operational & Capital Expenses reporting
• Accountable for production Financial Statement (Monthly Packs) in adherence with corporate accounting guidelines.
• Accountable for publication of Month on Month & YTD report for business cluster / cost centre.
• Accountable for production of regional reports to regional management
Month end /Closing Reports:
4. • Responsible for posting adjustment entries/true up entries for complete Month End process.
• Liaising with Business FA team to have all accounts /journals posted for the month end.
Maintenance & Support:
• Responsible for quick resolution to queries raised by business & onsite.
• Setting performance expectations from business and review on regular basis.
• Responsible for process & system enhancements, Due diligence & post mortem analysis
• Provide client facing colleagues with financial analysis, performance management reporting, system support and
maintenance and ad hoc reporting.
• Drive organization culture across team with high inspiration and motivation.
• Coordinate for operations training plans and freeze on SLA / KPI/Dashboard.
• Communicating effectively the change process proposals to all key stake holders.
• Raising bars and delighting customers/clients with innovative and creative process improvement ideas.
• Identify information providers to assist with reconcilement of financial statement.
• Advanced analytical skills to assess reasonableness of account balances.
• Helps others understand the reconciliation process and techniques related to the unique general ledger
• Analysis of impact of major company initiatives on the reconciliation process
• Recognized as an expert and identifies impact on consolidated entities.
• Recognized as an expert in reconciliation policies and techniques.
• Understanding of basic billing practices such as billing rates, project budgets, fee estimating, and value billing
• Resolves basic billing issues with clients.
• Understands, analyzes & review project recovery ratios and determines appropriate modifications to billing practices
• Develops appropriate fee estimates for project proposals. Follows proper value billing techniques where appropriate
• Monitors and manages project budgets.
• Aware of all billing to business.
• Resolves all complex billing issues and recognizes additional opportunities within these conversations.
• Successfully launched online investment project which helps the investors & corporate customers to view their portfolio
and online investments
• Completed SMS transaction where investors can complete transactions over phone round the clock
• Implemented Debit card and ATM card transactions which facilitates investors to invest and redeem there investments
to simplify the entire procedure.
• Cost rationalisation conducted across the departments to over come the cost involved
• Implemented and managed successfully a project as “My plan goal post “which aided the investors to just walk in
across the branches throughout India for their investments. This helped in securing revenue.
5. • Designing & implementing processes and thereby ensuring its effectiveness through audits.
• Monitoring overall functioning of processes, identifying improvement areas and implementing adequate measures to
maximize customer satisfaction level.
• Identifying business opportunity & developing business case
• Conduct periodic performance reviews with the client and the Operations team
• Highlight issues, action plan at various stages of the transition project to all key stakeholders
• Maintaining high discipline and norm adherence, coordinating with superiors for cross trainees and innovative
suggestions to improve operational functioning.
• Coordinating with seniors for providing inputs for process control & ensuring end to end complaint resolution.
• Developing and effectuating contingency/ business continuity plans to ensure uninterrupted and smooth business
operations, and attainment of budgeted objectives.
• Support business requirements for any functional specifications
• Definition of technical requirements for interfacing & reporting.
• Leads development of a test plan and test documents and conducts user acceptance and parallel testing.
• Review and authorize SLA, Process Maps, SOPs, Process Metrics, Dashboards and Training Manual prior to Steering
• Put a training plan, prepare training module in sync with client.
• Initiating and sustaining efforts for bettering Customer Satisfaction scores through regular relationship calls, identifying
& conducting training sessions for customers & providing regular update on change/new Policies to employees &
• Providing effective resolution to customer queries and improving relationships with the customer by anticipating
customer future requirements, thereby ensuring a positive customer experience.
• Maintaining a high-quality customer experience, elevating customer satisfaction, while adhering to the SLAs and work
processes and thus managing cost-effective operations.
• Keeping TAT commitments, handling escalations and monitoring Quality Standards of team through constant
monitoring and providing feedback.
• Creating awareness of Quality & Knowledge Management. Undertaking projects for continued Process refinement &
• Identifying and implementing strategies for building team effectiveness by promoting a spirit of cooperation between
• Planning targets, monitoring numbers and achievement of overall targets on a daily, weekly & monthly basis in
adherence to the pre-set standards.
• Providing floor support to new hires during their OJT (On job training) within the process to build process knowledge,
reduce TAT and also achieve team as well as individual goals.
• Interacting with employees to plan their development and evaluate the progress made as well as providing
development opportunities, coaching, and resources.
6. Organizations Designation Role From ~ to
Axis Mutual Funds Senior Manager R& T Operations (Financial Investments & MI) Sept ’09~ Aug 2014
Reliance Mutual Fund Manager R& T Operations (Financial Investments & MI) Jun ‘05 to Jun’09
ICICI Bank Ltd Team Lead Operations Phone banking Division Operations Oct’02 ~ May’05
Global Trust Bank Ltd Executive Private Banking Mar’00 ~ Apr’02
Citibank Management Trainee Cash Management Products Aug ’97~ Sept’99
Marketing Pharma products Apr’95 ~ May’97
• Passion at work
• Managerial Effectiveness & People Management
• Foundation of People Management (FOPM)
• Leadership Mentoring Programme (LMP)
• Information Security Management System (ISMS)
• Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
• People Skills & Hiring Skills
• Personal Effectiveness by Flying Colors (Bangalore)
• Basic Banking & Operation Excellence
• Induction Training Programme at [NISIET] for one month organised by Global Trust Bank Ltd.
• Attended on job training at B.H.E.L branch for one month conducted by Global Trust Bank Ltd.
• MBA (Systems and Finance) from MK University in 1999.
• B Sc. From Osmania University in 1995
Address : 18/8/254/A/1/10 Bharat Ratna Society (Post) Saidabad, Hyderabad-500059
Date of Birth : March 15, 1974
Marital Status : Married
Languages Known: English, Hindi and Telugu
Annexure : N.Suresh Kumar
Name of Candidate Suresh Kumar Narva
Current Organisation Capital First
Current Grade Asst Vice President
Tenure 1 year 10 months
Promotions since joining and key achievements? Senior Manager to Asst Vice President
Current CTC 16.5 Lakh , Bonus 2.47 Lakh
7. 1) Organisation Axis Mutual Fund
Grade Senior Manager
Tenure Tenure: 3 years 8 months
Joining CTC: 7 lakhs excluding bonus
Current CTC: 9.2 Lakhs Bonus: 1.6 lakhs
Promotions since joining and key achievements? Best staff award 2012, Certified in NISM, Recovered 200 crores
Span of Control 120 members
Education – Location (X11 and upwards with Years and
Qual. MBA Year 1999 58%
XII 1991 59%
B Sc 1995 58%
MEMBERSHIP Member of Defense employees association
Last organizations worked and tenure with each; key
achievements in all organizations and reason for change;
joining and leaving CTC and Title
Name: Reliance Mutual Fund
Key Achievement: Best Employee award
Joining CTC: 4 lakhs
Leaving CTC: 5.8 lakhs
Reasons for Change: For growth and new start up organization
Tenure : 3 years and 8 months
Des: Team Leader
Key Achievement: Received Quality management award from
Mr K.V. Kamat then CEO of ICICI
Joining CTC: 2.5 lakhs
Leaving CTC: 3 lakhs
Reasons for Change: For growth and better prospects in the
mutual fund industry
Tenure: 2years and 8 months
Reason for change: Career, Money, Location (How does
the role offered satisfy the aspirations – understand the
drivers of the candidate)
Career growth with hike in salary, keen to lead in
professional organizations ,with good team spirit and
lead the large teams, ready to travel and adapt the
work environment ,
Minimise annual operational losses by liaising with the
Can manage the relationship with business area with
regular two way review meetings including monthly
discussions on performance and business area
Enhanced product and business knowledge relating to
customers and products with regular presentations
and quizzes. Formulate plans to improve the above.
Conduct various cultural activities at the department
and team level.
Always lead and motivated team to ensure balance
8. between task, team and individual is maintained and
ensure that team works in a cohesive manner.
Ensured effective management of people and
resources to maximise asset utilisation
Created an environment for open and effective two
Current CTC (Fixed, Variable, Perks/Benefits): In hand
CTC and variables earned year on year
Current CTC : 16.5 lakhs, Excluding Bonus 2.47 Lakhs
Expected CTC: In hand CTC expected 25 lakhs
Notice Period? (Joining Bonus/Notice Period Buy- Out) 3 months notice
Any Offers in Hand? Or In process with another