O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
The schedule for each day can be broken down intoclear segments. How would you categorise these segments?
• By the time due to the type of programmes,Early am – am – Early pm – pm 6:00 – 6 – 9 – 9... Retired people Children Soap operas Students Young people News Unemployed
Who are the target audience for these segments?
• Earlier on is adults/old people (8am onwards)• 4pm children• 7pm on wards is young adults• After 9pm is adults and young adults
Who is the target audiencefor each terrestrial channel?
• Channel 5 – The gadget show (adults/men)• ITV1 – Loose women and Emmerdale (mums/women in the morning also a mass audience)• BBC2 – Dragons Den (adults/older people both men and women)• BBC1 – Holby City and newround (mass audience)• Channel 4 – Hollyoaks and Place in the sun (mass audience)
What percentage ofchannels are taken up by repeats?
• Half/50% because of the cost of showing each programme and the popularity.
Which channels have moreimported programmes in there schedule?
• Channel 4 – has a wide target audience and aimed at specific audiences at different times.• Channel 5 – this is cheaper and it’s not as popular.
What do you understand by the term ‘Watershed’?
• 9 O’clock• Violent/older programmes are played• Younger people should be in bed
Pre-echo• Schedule a programme before a popular programme Inheritance• Scheduling a programme after a popular programme to inherit some of the audience. Hammocking• In the middle of two popular ones.