O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
GO TO MARKETPLANNINGHow to take a newproduct or service tomarket – effectively andprofitably.
INTRODUCTION• This slide set is an outline for you to create a Go-to- Market plan for your product or service• Not every point will apply to every situation, but think before you skip over a point• There’s no need to over-engineer your plan. Just make sure you’ve got good answers and an actionable plan
GO-TO-MARKET PLANNING• Seven steps to creating a Go-to-Market plan: What are we selling to who? When will this be profitable? What is the value proposition? How will customers hear about this? How will this be sold? What needs to happen? What business infrastructure is required?• Structure: Each step includes: The questions you should be addressing The deliverables that should result when the step is complete
• Questions • What is the product or service? • What are the target markets? • Who are potential buyers of this product or service? • Why would somebody buy this product or service? • How could a customer be developed to increase profitability?• Deliverables • Elevator pitch and headline benefits • Ideal customer criteria
• Topics • How will this product or service be priced? • What commercial models should be offered? • ROI scenarios by product or service • Time to revenue scenarios • Typical project timeframe by solution • Go-to-market costs – e.g. website, marketing promotion, sales costs• Outcomes • Revenue forecast • Marketing budget • Profitability forecast
• Topics • What customer critical business issue does this address? • Is anything else needed to get to a 100% fit to the critical business issue? • What buying motives and value will different customer roles perceive? • What ROI could a customer expect? • What related pull through products or services could a customer buy? • What proof of success can be offered?• Outcomes • Generic customer value proposition • Add-on product or service offers • Proof of value creation
• Topics • Where do potential customers look for information? • What communication channels can be used? • What messages will potential customers respond to? • How is a sales lead defined? • What metrics apply to a conversion funnel? • How are potential customers nurtured to become prospects?• Outcomes • Marketing communications plan • Customer relationship plan
• Topics • What sales channels are appropriate? • What terms of business apply to sales channels? • What integration opportunities exist between products or services? • What is the length of sales cycle by product or service? • What can be sold in what period?• Outcomes • Sales channel plan • Sales activation plan • Sales forecast
• Topics • Who is going to be responsible for business managing the plan? • What skills and experience sets are required? • What organisational structure will be required for executing the plan?• Outcomes • Organisation chart • Training plan • Job descriptions
• Topics • What internal functions will be touched by this product or service? • Are any additional business processes required to support the sales and implementation of this product or service?• Outcomes • Internal communication plan • Business process descriptions
• Your completed Go-to-Market Plan should comprise: • Elevator pitch and headline benefits • Ideal customer criteria • Revenue forecast • Marketing budget • Profitability forecast • Generic customer value proposition • Add-on product or service offers • Proof of value creation • Marketing communications plan • Customer relationship plan • Sales channel plan • Sales activation plan • Sales forecast • Organisation chart • Training plan • Job descriptions • Internal communication plan • Business process descriptions
WHY WORK WITH ME? • I can do this for you • Help you create a robust, actionable plan • Fresh, independent, pragmatic view of what needs to happen • Experience to complete the process rapidly • Capability and flexibility to create your Go-to-Market Plan as a project • Clearly defined objectives, metrics and deliverables
MIKE MCCORMACAbout Contact• Mike McCormac founded Sales • Connect on LinkedIn Success and More to help • Follow on Twitter companies selling and marketing high value services achieve more • Email• He has an MBA and his • Phone: background includes over 15 +357 99 860725 (Mobile) years success selling and +44 (0) 20 8133 7635 (UK) marketing IT services and outsourcing as a sales executive, sales manager and sales director• Mike works mainly in the UK and Cyprus