Siemens Pakistan’s Presentation To Planning Commision 30 Aug 2007
1. Presented by Strategic Business Development Dr. Akram Sheikh Minister of State Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission Government of Pakistan (August 30, 2007) Siemens Pakistan Engineering Co. Ltd. Company Presentation
3. Vision 2030 – Important Pillars Vision 2030 Rural and Urban Development Alternative Energy Energy for Growth Manufacturing & Industry Water Resources Healthcare Employment Source: Vision 2030-Planning Commission, GoP
5. Siemens Power Solutions Gas Turbines Industrial application 4MW to 45 MW - Large Scale Application 68 MW to 340 MW Steam Turbines Industrial application upto 180 MW - Large scale application upto 1200 MW Wind Turbines Capacity up to 3.6 MW Napier Turbo Chargers For marine power generation and rail traction up to 11 MW Compressors Ranging from 150 to 824,000 CFM Hydro Power Generation Advance technologies and integrated services
6. Siemens Power Solutions Equipment and Substations for Power Transmission and Distributions (PTD) Systems (66KV to 500KV) Market Leaders in High Voltage Circuit Breakers KESC 132 / 220KV GIS Substation Karachi Airport 132KV Conventional Substation
7. Siemens Power Solutions Power Transformers (upto 160MVA) Distribution Transformers (upto 5000 KVA) Special Application Transformers > 400 units > 250,000 units Earthing, Auto & Convertor Transformer Dry Type Transformers (~2000KVA) Voltage Regulators (2.5KV to 35KV) Exporting to:
8. Siemens Power Solutions Ring Main Units & Capacitor Banks Low Voltage Switchgear Medium Voltage Switchgear Medium Voltage Utility Switchgear KIOSK Substations (up to 2.5 MVA) Exporting to:
9. Siemens Power Solutions 20 KVA to 1100 KVA DG Sets Manual Change Over Panel Synchronizing Panels (Auto & Manual) Acoustic and Weather Proof Canopies Auto Mains Failure Panel Free Standing & Underground Fuel Tanks Mobile Units After Sales Services Exporting to: Siemens D.G.Sets won Consumer Choice Award in 2006 and again in 2007
10. Siemens Power Solutions Protection & Control Systems Power Quality Systems Substation Automation Systems SCADA & LDC Turnkey Solutions Substation Communication Systems Protection Relays, Relay panels, Control panels Energy Meters, Power Quality Recorders, Fault Recorders Complete solutions for industry & utilities with Smart Remote Terminal Units Complete Solutions with Power Line Carriers, Fiber optic, Microwave & High Speed Digital Link (HSDL) Comprehensive SCADA solutions with Energy Management Systems & Distribution Management Systems COMPLETE Energy Automation Solutions 1996 Protection Relay RTU MUX
11. Siemens Power Solutions Asset Services of PTD Products & Projects Maintenance, Rehabilitation, Up grading, Retrofitting, Spare Parts Management, Transformer Life Management Network Analysis & Consultancy Technical due diligence and technical audits. Network studies including load flows, short circuits, insulation coordination & harmonic analysis. Metering Services Automatic Remote Metering, Pre-payment metering Specialized Tools Software tool for Stability Studies, Protection coordination tool, Tools for Distribution & Transmission networks. Customer Support, Training Support in all power transmission and distribution problems, hotline, customized training programs.
12. Success Stories – Hydro Power Ghazi Barotha Hydro Power Station Tarbela Hydro Electric Power Station
13. Success Story - Dubai Electric & Water Authority (DEWA) DEWA Grid Station Projects - First Order 5 High Voltage 132 kV Grid Stations DEWA Grid Station Projects - Repeat Orders 13 High Voltage 132 kV Grid Stations Emirates Mall Largest Shopping Mall of UAE Dubai Investment Park Dubai Festival City Dubai Sports City Burj Dubai Tower Expected World Tallest Building
14. Siemens Building Management Solutions Security Products Access control, Intrusion detection, CCTV, Smart Card Technology Fire Safety Products Fire protection and detection HVAC Products Valves, Actuators, Sensors, Thermostats, Controllers etc Building Management System (BMS) Room Management & Energy Services Data Darbar, Lahore OSRAM Lighting Products Wide range of lighting products and lighting system components Zaver Pearl Continental Hotel, Gwadar
17. Siemens Local Manufacturing Capabilities Transformers Switchboards Switch Gear Eqpt. Traffic Control System Railway Signaling Eqpt. Motors DG Sets Control Panels
19. Siemens Local Capacity Enhancement Digital Microwave Radio System Optic Fiber Transmission Equipment Desktop Computers & Servers Carrier Telephone Industries (CTI) Islamabad is now a Siemens Pakistan’s Subsidiary
20. Siemens Process Industries Solutions Telemetry and SCADA Process Control and Automation Process Instrumentation Management Information Systems (MIS) Pakistan Cement Maple Leaf Cement Attock Cement Gulf Cement Co. Specialized Services Instrumentation & Control Systems Project Boiler Control System Process Control System
21. Siemens Automation & Drives Solutions Low Voltage Three Phase Induction Motors Medium Voltage Three Phase Induction Motors Gear Motors Brake Motors Explosion Proof Motors Special Design Motors Textile Machine Motors Hollow Shaft Motors Single Phase Motors Fan Motors Exporting to: Siemens Motors won Consumer Choice Award in 2007
22. Siemens Automation & Drives Solutions Industrial Automation System Control & Distribution Products Process Instrumentation Products Power Factor Relays UPS (0.7 to 400KVA ratings) Pumps for Special Applications Large Drives and Standard Drives Discharge Reactors Exporting to:
23. Siemens On Call, Logistics & Maintenance Solutions Operation & Maintenance Service (Industrial, Power Plants & Utilities) Repair, Overhauling & Maintenance of Motors & Alternators Spare Parts Management Condition Monitoring (Thermography, Vibration analysis, NDI & Oil analysis) For all your engineering solutions, Contact our Call Centre at Karachi: 111-066-077 PLC based Alarm Annunciation and Control System for two compressors in National Refinery Ltd. Dual Feeder System Maple Leaf Cement Operations & Maintenance contract of Kohat Tunnel
24. Siemens Business Driven by Engineering Capabilities Local Engineering Capabilities are the cornerstone of our success
27. Success Story – DCL Cogeneration Project in Karachi 94 MW Combined Cycle Power Plant 3 Million Gallons per day Desalination Capacity
28. Success Story - K III Greater Water Supply Project Project Dhabeji & NEK Pump Houses Customer Karachi Water & Sewerage Board Contract Type EPC – Turnkey Contract Pumping Capacity 140 MGD (Total Design Capacity) Early Completion of the project by TWO months Civil Work Mechanical Work Electrical Work
29. Success Story - New Murree Bulk Water Supply Project A view of New Murree Bulk Water Supply Project Turnkey Project (Under Execution) Treatment Plant Site
31. Mega City of Pakistan Karachi identified amongst Mega Cities of the world
35. Siemens Transportation Solutions Rail Automation Traction Power Supply System Mass Transit Systems Electrical & Diesel Electric Locomotives Passenger Coaches Electrical Multiple Units
37. One Mega City – One Siemens Traffic Signals Airports Water Plant Power Plant Sport Venues Residential Complex Broadcasting Center Hospital Hotels/Hospitality Railways Transmission & Distribution Waste Water & Sewerage Plant
39. Siemens Solar Energy Solutions Solar Energy powering Roadside Emergency Communication System on M-1 & M-3 Motorway. Electrification of a house in Sukkur via Solar Energy. Solar Powered Cathodic Protection System in Chakwal
40. Alternative Energy- Wind Siemens Pakistan and New Park Energy Ltd. (NPEL) have signed a Contract for the supply of electrical part on turnkey basis for NPEL 50MW Wind Power Project near Gharo. Siemens Pakistan shall provide the entire electrical system for the Wind Power Projects and its related civil works on turnkey basis. Most of the electrical equipment required by the Wind Power Projects is already being manufactured by Siemens Pakistan locally.
42. Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostic Imaging Modalities & Solutions Radiation Therapy Systems Image Management Systems Managed Healthcare Services Clinical & Administrative Solutions Operation Theatre Solutions Telemedicine & Teleradiology Siemens Medical Solutions Siemens Medical Solutions Cardiac Workflow
43. Some of our Landmark Projects in Healthcare Sector Children Hospital, Quetta Turnkey Project National Institute of Child Health, Karachi MRI System Tabba Heart Institute, Karachi Complete Cardiac Workflow Haniifa Sulaiman Oncology Building(SIUT), Karachi Complete Oncology Solutions Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology, Rawalpindi Cardiac Workflow - Dual Source CT Scanner for CT based Angiography HEALTHCARE HOSPITAL Diagnostic Imaging Solutions Healthcare Hospital, Karachi Children Hospital, Lahore Imaging Solutions for Radiology Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, Islamabad Cardiac Workflow - Dual Source CT Scanner for CT based Angiography National Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, Karachi Cardiac Workflow - Dual Source CT Scanner for CT based Angiography
45. Human Capital in Siemens Pakistan More than 4,000 * employees Including over 750 professional engineers Siemens Leadership Framework Business Excellence through Leadership Excellence * Average Figure
46. Siemens Apprentice Training Program Siemens Pakistan has well established state-of-the-art Apprentice Training Centre, where young men are exposed to latest technology and trained for the industry. The three year course imparts training on Electrical & Mechanical trades and pays stipend to the trainees.
48. Global Resources Local Presence Siemens Strength Our comprehensive portfolio of products, systems and services allows us to offer virtually any type of solution that customer requires, using a single source.
49. Siemens in Pakistan Head Office & Industrial Complex Regional Offices Sales Offices Subsidiary Company
50. 1922 – Siemens first office in Lahore 1870 - 1 st telegraph line from London to Calcutta 1932 - Cable laying project in Karachi 1953 - Siemens Pakistan Engineering Co. founded as Private Limited Company. 1957 - Switchboards production commenced 1963 - Siemens became Public Limited Company. Factory for Motors & Transformers - 1963 1976 - Diesel Generating Sets introduced Power Transformers production started~30MVA - 1981 1985 - Railway signaling equipment assembly started Extension in Power Transformer rating~60MVA - 1987 1993 - Pakistan 1 st Digital Mobile Telephony Network 412 MW Rousch Combined Cycle Power Plant - 1996 1998 - Become first Value Added Reseller of SAP Export order for 132 kV fully automated substation for DEWA Dubai - 2000 2002 - Launched 1.1 MVA DG Sets highest rating in the country Signed agreement for first desalination plant in Karachi - 2003 Launched new line of Low Voltage Switchgear System of family SIVACON 8PT - 2004 2005 - Acquired CTI Secured contract for Operation & Management of KESC - 2005 Siemens Pakistan pioneered to manufacture 220 kV/160 MVA Auto Transformer in Pakistan - 2006 Siemens History, Progress & Success Dubai Sports City Project - 2006 Launched Home Appliances - 2000
51. Some of our Landmark Projects in Pakistan Defense Housing Authority, Lahore Phase-V Underground Electrification MCB Tower, tallest building of Pakistan Complete Electrification / Illumination of the project Bagh-e-Quaid, Karachi Electrification / Illumination of Tomb and Park ICI Shaikhupura Electrical & Instrumentation Works OGDC, Qadirpur Capacity Enhancement Project Civil, ME & I Procurement & Construction Punjab Industrial Estate Underground Electrification of Sundar Industrial Estate
52. Some of our Landmark Projects in Pakistan Urban Traffic Control Project (Phase-I) Government of Sindh Japan Power Generation Ltd IPP Project, Lahore Project Management, Turnkey Construction (EM & Civil) TELENOR Mobile Network Project Management & Turnkey Solution Project for Improvement of Financial Reporting and Auditing (PIFRA) Turnkey ERP Solution, 127 Locations, 1144 Users, about 3 million employee records, LAN & WAN Solution Pehur High Level Canal Project, Tarbela Turnkey Mechanical, E&I Solution, SCADA & Telemetry LAN / WAN Project CBR (34 Locations), NADRA, Habib Bank, Karachi University Bosicor 30,000 BPD Refinery Project Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Instrumentation works Quaid-e-Azam International Airport, Karachi Airfield Lighting (AFL) System
56. Siemens Awarding Gold Medals & Scholarships We provide scholarships for education in the fields of Medicine, Engineering and Business studies. Siemens Gold Medal for students achieving top positions in the field of Engineering is setting the standards for excellence and helping to motivate Engineering students to put in their best efforts to receive this coveted prize.
58. Thank you The information provided in this presentation contains general descriptions or characteristics of performance which in case of actual use may not always apply as described or which may change as a result of further development of the products. An obligation to provide the respective products/services and their characteristics shall only exist if expressly agreed in the terms of contract. Availability and technical specifications are subject to change without notice. The trademarks and pictures used are owned by Siemens AG or their respective owners.