2. Auto Expo 2014 :
• The 12th edition of the Auto Expo is
underway at the India Expo Mart at
Greater Noida. With more than a 100
cars to be unveiled and a suitable
number of two-wheelers, the first two
days of the expo, February 5 and 6 are
restricted only for the media. The expo
will be thrown open to the general public
for four days from February 7-11.
3. • Luxury carmaker BMW India on
Wednesday unveiled four cars in Auto
Expo 2014 in Greater Noida.
1.BMW i8, which was first seen in
Hollywood flick 'Mission Impossible 4'.
2.BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo
4.BMW M6 Gran Coup
• The cars from the BMW were
unveiled by cricket legend Sachin
• The BMW i8 plug-in hybrid supercar
is one of the highlights of the Auto
Expo 2014 and BMW plans to import
this 362bhp electric beauty by late
2014 in CBU form. Guess who may
be the first customer?
11. BMW X5:
• The 'Boss', as the X5 is called, had
created a new category as a sports
utility vehicle when it was first launched
• The all new Boss will be manufactured
locally at BMW’s Chennai plant and will
be made available in the third quarter of
14. Merc CLA AMG:
• The most luxurious AMG version of
the CLA; Mercedes hopes to find
many buyers in India.
• The vehicle has a 2-litre, 4-cylinder
engine that thakes you from 0-100
kmph in 4.6 seconds
18. Jaguar Land Rover Range
• Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra
poses on the Jaguar Land Rover
Range Rover LWB during its
unveiling at the 12th Indian auto
Expo in Noida, India, Wednesday,
Feb. 5, 2014.
21. Maruti : all-new Celerio
• Aimed at strengthening its position in the
compact car segment, country's largest car
maker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) on
Thursday launched 'Celerio', priced between
Rs 3.9 lakh and Rs 4.96 lakh (ex-showroom
• At present, the Celerio doesn't replace any of
Maruti's existing models. But going forward, it
could replace the slow selling A-Star.
22. • "Celerio will cater to a growing demand for vehicles with
automatic gear shift at an affordable price,“.
• The auto gear shift variants (two) are priced at Rs 4.29
lakh and Rs 4.59 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
• MSI has already started taking bookings for the car.
• The Celerio will be pitched against the likes of
Hyundai's Grandi10 and Honda's Brio, whose automatic
versions are priced at Rs 6.04 lakh and Rs 6.19 lakh,
respectively (ex-showroom, Delhi).
• The Celerio will offer a fuel efficiency of 23.1 km per litre.
• The event kicked off with homage to Karl Slym.
Everybody got up. There was Slym’s picture right
in front of the stage. 1963-2014.
• In the last 15 months or so that he spent at Tata
Motors, Slym had only one agenda in his mind:
Tata Motors had to wake up to create a new
• Everybody, from engineering to quality to design
must come together and build a fresh product.
• One that is not called Indica or Vista or Manza.
Everything about it had to be new. And cool,
young and fun.
• Something very unlike Tata Motors.
26. • Tata Motors at expo unveiled two
new vehicles: a sub-4-metre sedan
called Zest and a hatchback called
29. Tata Nexon
• Home grown auto major Tata Motors
on Wednesday unveiled a concept
compact sports utility vehicle Nexon,
giving a glimpse of its future direction
in terms of technologies, as it bids to
make up lost ground in passenger
34. Ford's Feisty New Fiesta
• With Smart Technology And Impressive
Looks, The Carmaker Wants To Take
Its India Presence To The Next Level
• The new Ford Fiesta comes with smart
technology (Ford SYNC with AppLink)
that allows a driver to multitask: Drive
and perform functions on his smart
phone through voice commands.
38. Hyndai : New SantaFe
• This upgraded third generation
vehicle has a 2.2-litre diesel engine
and promises better efficiency, lower
emissions and a high mileage of
• Priced between Rs 26.3 lakh and Rs
40. Hyundai : Xcent
• Hyundai, the Korean car company, has
been a constant, quiet performer in India.
• Xcent: Hyundai’s sub-4 metre sedan is
slated to launched in March. It directly
competes with Maruti's D’zire and Hondas
• The Xcent will go on sale next month. The
car will be available in both petrol and
diesel variants and also with manual or
41. Maruti : SX4 S-Cross & Ciaz
• Maruti Kicks off Auto Expo with Two 'Futuristic'
Launches: SX4 S-Cross, Ciaz
• New models aimed at meeting the growing
demand of sedans in India.
• The SX4 S-Cross offers various driving modes
for better performance and safety and hopes to
compete with the Mahindra XUV.
• The Ciaz, which has a sporty look, is being
introduced to compete with Hyundai’s Verna
and Honda’s City.