4. COMPANY PROFILE
• Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) is a consumer goods company headquartered
in Mumbai, India. It is a subsidiary of Unilever, a British company. Its products
include foods, beverages, cleaning agents, personal care products, water
purifiers and other fast-moving consumer goods.
• HUL was established in 1931 as Hindustan Vanaspati Manufacturing Co. and
following a merger of constituent groups in 1956, it was renamed Hindustan Lever
Limited. The company was renamed in June 2007 as Hindustan Unilever Limited.
• As of 2019, Hindustan Unilever’s portfolio had 44 product brands in 14 categories.
The company has 18,000 employees and clocked sales of ₹34,619 crores in
5. HIGHLIGHTS FROM”MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIRMAN AND MANAGING
MR.SANIJV MEHTA ( CHAIRMAN OF HUL COMPANY)
• We reported a turnover of `45,311 crores growing by 18% and Domestic
Consumer Growth* was 6%. Profitafter tax at `7,954 crores was up 18%
• Lifebuoy launched 15 new product variations in the handhygiene portfolio
within just 30 days. We completed the acquisition of female intimate hygiene
brand VWash that is off to a good start
• To address the need for building immunity, we launched the new Horlicks with added zinc and donated it to
hospitals, frontline workers and even vulnerable children.
• The year saw Unilever launch its new Future Foods ambition to upport a fairer, healthier and more sustainable
global foods system.
6. • MANAGEMENT DISCUSSION ANALYSIS
• HUL is an FMCG industry to be one of the biggest long term sustainable business opportunities offer’s.
• 2020 Highly challenging yr because of covid-19
• Our focus was On our people health and safety meeting the demand arising out of changed behavior
• 2021 focused on regaining The growth momentum in The economic including tax rates stable and
investment in infrastructure
• New technologies are changing the landscape of the consumer goods market, bringing opportunities
For brands and consumers alike. Consumers are shopping through more diverse channels and smaller
local brands as well as digital-first brands are increasingly entering the market. In these times, as the
consumer and channel landscapes rapidly evolve, we continue to be agile anaesponsive to leverage
market opportunities and deftlynavigate through the challenges.