1. Artichoke, asparagus, celery, and
fennel belong to what group of
A. Cabbage family
B. Onion family
D. Leafy greens
2. What refers to a bouquet of vegetables used
in making soups, stocks and sauces?
A. Jardiniere B. Rondelle
C. Bouquet ere D. Chiffonade
3. What market form of fish that is boneless,
with or without skin?
A. Steaks B. Fillets C. Dressed D. Drawn
4. Which tool is used to drain excess water
after washing vegetables?
A. Bowls B. Colander
C. Steamer D. Utility Tray
5. Which kind of seafood that has no internal
A. Fin fish B. Freshwater fish
C. Round fish D. Shellfish
6. What color component that is responsible
for red and blue to violet pigments?
A. Anthocyanin B. Anthoxanthin
C. Chlorophyll D. Carotenoids
7. Which fat-soluble compound is
responsible for the green color of plants?
A. Anthocyanins B. Carotenoids
C. Chlorophyll D. Lycopene
8. Which of the following is a source of
A. Kangkong B. Corn
C. Cabbage D. Bell pepper
9. It pertains to tomatoes with garlic, parsley
and sometimes mushrooms or olives.
A. Fermiere B. Doria
C. Jardiniere D. Provencale
10. Which of the following vegetable dishes
are cooked through pan frying?
A. Pinakbet B. Breaded squash
C. Tortang Talong D. Vegetable tempura
1. What is basted to baked lean fish to help
prevent it from drying up?
2. What color component that is
responsible for the yellow pigments?
3. What market form of fish in which
viscera, head, tail and fins are
4. What shellfish that becomes
tough and rubbery when
5. What do you call the process
of removing bones of a fish?
6. What do you call the natural
sugar that provides the
sweetness in vegetable?
7. Green leafy vegetables like
pechay, malunggay and cabbages
turn _______ in color when acid
8. Italian term which refers to
vegetables being cooked firm but
9. Select foods and garnishes that
offer variety and contrast. This
should be applied to colors, shapes,
textures and flavors.
10. Ability to perform according to
required standards is called
1. Why vegetables should not be
soaked for a long period of time?
2. In grilling a large fish, why it is
needed to split the fish?
3. Why potatoes and eggplants
should be treated with vinegar after
4. Identify the ingredients
used in preparing shrimp
5. Why do you need to devein
shrimp before cooking?