4. • Ephesians 3:17-19 NKJV
• 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts
through faith; that you, being rooted
and grounded in love, 18 may be able
to comprehend with all the saints what
is the width and length and depth and
height— 19 to know the love of Christ
which passes knowledge; that you may
be filled with all the fullness of God.
• 2 Corinthians 13:5 NKJV
• 5 Examine yourselves as to whether
you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do
you not know yourselves, that Jesus
Christ is in you?—unless indeed you
5. • Galatians 2:20 NKJV
• 20 I have been crucified with Christ; it
is no longer I who live, but Christ lives
in me; and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by faith in the Son of
God, who loved me and gave Himself
• Colossians 1:27 NKJV
• 27 To them God willed to make known
what are the riches of the glory of this
mystery among the Gentiles: [a]which
is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
6. A PRAYER OF THE APOSTLE PAUL.
• Ephesians 1:17-19 NKJV
• 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory,
may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the
knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your [a]understanding
being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of
His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance
in the saints, 19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His
power toward us who believe, according to the working of
His mighty power.
7. • We need to keep asking God to reveal Himself to us.
• Knowing who God is, is of vital importance.
• Knowing Him, will enlighten us to understand our position in Christ.
• Knowing our position in Christ will allow us to understand our calling and
• Knowing our calling and inheritance will help us to know the power available to us
for spiritual warfare.
9. • Ephesians 2:1-6 NKJV
• 2 And you He made alive, who were
dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which
you once walked according to the
[a]course of this world, according to
the prince of the power of the air, the
spirit who now works in the sons of
disobedience, 3 among whom also we
all once conducted ourselves in the
lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires
of the flesh and of the mind, and were
by nature children of wrath, just as the
• Consider the power of God in the
resurrection of His Son Jesus Christ.
10. SITING IN CHRIST MEANS RESTING IN HIM,
BECAUSE HE FINISHED HIS WORK.
• Ephesians 2:1-6 NKJV
• 4 But God, who is rich in mercy,
because of His great love with which
He loved us, 5 even when we were
dead in trespasses, made us alive
together with Christ (by grace you
have been saved), 6 and raised us up
together, and made us sit together in
the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
• He made us alive in Christ.
• He gave life to our spirit when we
came to Christ.
• He made us sit in Christ.
• It is very interesting to notice that the
position of a new believers in Christ is
sitting in Christ.
• Not standing, or walking or running
• Our position even when we were in sin
was assigned by God to be sited in His
11. • John 19:30 NKJV
• 30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing
His head, He gave up His spirit.
• Mark 16:19 NKJV
• Christ Ascends to God’s Right Hand
• 19 So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven,
and sat down at the right hand of God.
• Ephesians 1:3 NKJV
• 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with
every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
12. • Our salvation, deliverance, healing, sanctification, is a gift of God, not a work of us.
• Ephesians 2:8-10 NKJV
• 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves;
the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His
workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared
beforehand that we should walk in them.
13. OUR CHRISTIAN LIFE FROM BEGINNING TO END
IS CENTRED UPON DEPENDENCE ON THE LORD,
ON HIS FINISHED WORK
• Hebrews 4:3, 10-11
• 3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:
• “So I swore in My wrath,
• ‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ”
• although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
• 10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as
God did from His.
• 11 Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to
the same example of disobedience.
15. • Ephesians 4:1 NKJV
• 4 I, therefore, the prisoner [a]of the Lord, [b]beseech you to walk worthy of the
calling with which you were called,
• Walking is:
• Not working.
• Not striving.
• But displaying before the world who we are in Christ. (Modeling Christ)
• Knowing our position in Christ gives us the power to worthily walk in our life.
16. • Forget about impressing God with our goodness.
• Forget about getting status by our personal efforts
• What we need to do is yield and allow Him to work in you and through you.
• Philippians 2:13 NKJV
• 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
18. • Please note that we move from a sitting position of rest, (Ephesians 1 to 3),
• To a walking position displaying Christ in us, (Ephesians 4-5), and
• To a standing position.
• Ephesians 6:10-11 NKJV The Whole Armor of God
• 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the [a]wiles
19. • Ephesians 6:12-13 NKJV
• 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against
principalities, against powers, against the rulers of [a]the
darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the
heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God,
that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having
done all, to stand.
20. DEFENSIVE WEAPONS TO USE
TO STAND YOUR GROUND.
• Ephesians 6:14-17 NKJV
• 14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth,
having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having
shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be
able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And
take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God;
21. • Ephesians 6:18 NKJV
• 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit,
being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication
for all the saints—
22. • Very interesting to notice that.
• Stand means to hold your ground, being watchful not letting enemy forces take
territory that belongs to you
• The Apostle Paul was not instructing to invade, retaliate, to fight, but only to stand!
• We stand from a position of conquerors, of victory. A conqueror is someone that
has already won.
23. • Romans 8:37 NKJV
• 37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through
Him who loved us.
24. • Depending on the time, we will continue with some prophetic proclamations.
• Thank you for joining us tonight.