3. “Digital Marketing” is an umbrella term for the Marketing of products or
services using Digital Technologies, including the use of the internet, mobile
devices, tablets, display advertising and any other Digital Media.
5. Digital Marketing goes from planning to execution more quickly
More affordable to deploy than traditional marketing and
Gives fans/viewers/readers a chance to share your content
Gives the brand more time and space to tell its story
More cost effective and measurable
Far greater exposure 24/7
It goes viral using the Internet, Social Media, website and an
Digital Marketing campaigns are easier to attach to other
Digital Marketing campaigns have longer shelf lives
6. Website design (user experience)
Search engine optimization (SEO)
Pay per click (PPC)
Social media marketing (SMM)
Display advertising (banner ads)
Generating traffic, sales and leads.
8. Using a number of different
Each of these may serve a
Strategies work together to drive
traffic to a business (either online
Converting a one time visitor into
a returning, loyal customer
10. Your District Website
1. Design: What does the layout look like. How is color and text used? How are
2. Innovation: Does the website look like a template, or is it original, conveying the
uniqueness of the organization?
3. Content: Is the content fresh and interesting? Does it get updated frequently?
4. Technology: Do the pages load promptly? Do the hyperlinks work?
5. Interactivity: Is the information presented in a variety of ways to engage the user,
including text, video, photos, and hyperlinks?
6. Ease of Use: Is it hard to navigate the pages or perform a search function?
Is it responsive? Do you have analytics built in? Is smart SEO built into your site?
11. “Over 40% of US website visitors are viewing sites on their mobile
devices. What does yours look like on a phone?”*
*Source: StatCounter GlobalStats
15. ROI (return of investment) Many tools and
systems are available to calculate your ROI and
to measure the effectiveness of your digital
marketing campaign. ROI tools
Social media monitoring tools
17. Public Relations Awards
ASPRA Award for Project Graduation: The
Manuel L. Isquierdo Ed.D., Sunnyside Unified School District
2011 recipient of the ASPRA*tions Award for Superintendent
for Contributions to Public Relations
2012 ASPRA and NSPRA
National Award for Choose
19. • Digital Marketing 101 for Charter Schools Webinar
• Digital Marketing Strategy Guide By Cloudspotting
• Digital marketing 101 (Pillars and Models) By Wasfi Qaddoumi
• Digital Marketing Strategy Guide for 2014 By Cloudspotting
• Digital marketing overview By Aarav Infotech
Digital Marketing PowerPoint Sources and