Intuit Case Study presented by: Manu Pant
1. What is Intuit?
Intuit Inc. is an American software company that develops financial and tax preparation software and related services for small businesses, accountants and individuals.
2. Founders: Scott Cook, Tom Proulx
• Turbo Tax
• Quickbooks, Quicken
4. SWOT Analysis
• STRENGTH: user friendly products, Focus on R&D, loyal customers, Strong brand name, Presence in developing countries.
• WEAKNESSES: High R&D expenses, unable to expand in geographical market
• OPPORTUNITIES: Strategic acquisitions, New US Tax credit policy, focus on small businesses
• THREATS: Increasing competition, Less manufacturing distribution channels
5. Marketing Strategy: Focus on customer needs and satisfaction, Great focus on R&D, High wuality and innovative products
6. Market research: Process: Define problem->Develop research Problem-> collect information->Analyze information->present findings->Make the decision
7. Microsoft money vs Intuit Quickbooks:
• 1988- Quicken got popular
• Quick growth for Intuit
• Microsoft created Microsoft money
• Microsoft tries to buy Intuit for $2 billion
• Deal blocked by Justice Department.
• Microsoft has stopped its Microsoft money now!
8. Why are consumer research and design thinking so critical to Intuit’s success?
• Satisfied customer
• Promotion through social media
• Forecasting global trends
9. What are the challenges Intuit faces in the near Future?
• Meet customer needs
• Necessarily deliver quality products
• Great competition
• Protect legacy of quicken
10. How important are Intuit’s products for mobile devices?
• Saves time
• Cost benefit
• Increases production