2. What is a Team Building?
The action or process of causing a
group of people to work together
effectively as a team, especially by
means of activities and events designed
to increase motivation and promote
3. Need for Team Building - Why Team
Team Building activities are of utmost
importance as they help in the overall
development of the team members and
in turn improving the team’s
performance. It also strengthens the
bond among the employees and they
feel motivated to work and achieve the
4. Skills and Must Have Qualities of a Team
• An individual should be a good communicator .
• One has to be reliable and trustworthy to survive in a team.
• You have to be a good listener .
• Positive attitude is again a must for a team member.
• Participate in discussions.
• Be a little more focused and concentrate on your work assigned.
• One has to be patient enough to work in a team.
• One should always be willing to help each other at the times of crisis.
5. Tips for Team Building in
• The team leader plays a very important role in binding his team together.
• Invite suggestions from your team members.
• Go out for lunch or movies with your entire team once in a while.
• Keep a day separate for team building activities preferably the weekends.
• Motivate your team members to share responsibilities among themselves.
• Always ask your team members to first discuss things among themselves
before escalating it further.
6. Barriers of Team Building
• When individuals give priority to their personal interests than work.
• Individuals not being clear about the team’s goal and their roles and
• The roles and responsibilities must be designed according to the team
member’s interest, educational qualification and specializations.
• Lack of discussions.
• Poor communication.
• Lack of discipline and punctuality.
7. Activity 1
• In this indoor based activity, divide the whole class into 5-7 teams with
each team assigned roles in manufacturing, product design, marketing ,
sales, and finance. Give them a common product to work on.
• Allow them to use internet so that they can do a background research on
the competitors available in the market. Set a time limit 15 mins for the
preparation and ask them to give a presentation on the same.
• This will generate interest in the team and it checks their
entrepreneurship skills. The evaluator can evaluate team on
communication, presentation skills, creative thinking, team involvement,
leadership and knowledge of product using this acitivity.
9. Activity 2
15 mins Challenge !
• In this outdoor based activity, divide whole class into teams and
make a team leader .
• Write some activity on a paper which will make them move around
in campus like collecting materials, taking selfies, solving puzzles,
building product. Make sure that all task assigned to team should
be completed within 15 mins.
• This is a great activity and can best act as energizers. Using this , the
evaluator can evaluate teams on team involvement, leadership,
communication and time management.
11. Activity 3
• This is an indoor based activity. For this activity divide the class into
a 5 or 6 member team and make them sit together.
• Give them a task of making craft using papers. To make the activity
challenging give one paper to each member in a team and ask
them to make a single craft using the papers. You can also assign
specific themes for each team.
• This is a great team building activity which tests individual’s creative
thinking, team involvement, time management and presentation