1. MANIKANDAN .S Email id : email@example.com
D/83, TNHB COLONY,
ANBU NAGAR EXTENSION, Mobile : +91-9585666958
TIRUNELVELI – 627 011.
To be a striving personality adapting to the needs of the company with great efficiency and be a part of
a team that helps in achieving the organization’s success.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Institution Year Performance Class
CEG, ANNA UNIVERSITY
College of Engineering,
St. Xavier’s Hr. Sec. School,
St. Xavier’s Hr. Sec. School,
SEMESTER WISE MARKS SECURED (P.G. & U.G.)
SEMESTER I II III IV V VI VII VIII
P.G. – CGPA 8.22 7.62 7.4 8 - - - -
U.G. – PERCENTAGE 71 74.11 70 73.4 70.8 77.5 80.13 90.29
SOFTWARES & AREAS OF INTEREST
• Energy Software’s Proficiency : eQUEST, SMART ENERGY, ANSYS ( FLUENT - THERMAL)
• Other Software’s Proficiency : PROE – (PROCABLING), AUTOCAD, MS OFFICE
• Areas of Interest : GREEN BUILDING, HVAC, CRYOGENICS, ENERGY AUDIT
Title : COMPARATIVE ENERGY ANALYSIS OF HVAC USING BICS & CONVENTIONAL COOLING
Industry : GSH ( INDIA ) PRIVATE LIMITED – CHENNAI
2. DESCRIPTION :
Energy is one of the critical inputs for economic development of any country. Developing countries
like India accounts for only 40 % of world’s total energy consumption, while constituting 80 % of
world’s total population.
The present study deals with an innovative approach that has been identified for energy
conservation in HVAC systems by taking advantage of the surrounding environment. To examine
this concept, experiment will be conduct on two uni – dimensional concrete roof structures one with
Radiant cooling or Building Integrated Cooling System (BICS) and other with a conventional roof.
A grid of copper pipes, in parallel arrangement, had been scientifically designed, fabricated and laid
on one roof, while the other will left bare. Water will be circulated through these tubes. Parallel
layout of tubes had been preferred for availing the advantage of better temperature difference
between the pipe surface and cooling water.
Building structure cooling helps to neutralize the solar heat load there by reducing the room
temperature. A temperature reduction of about 30 % will be attaining by implementing the concept
This project details the design, thermodynamic aspects, energy conservation analysis and the
economical benefits accrued by implementing the concept of BICS vis – a – vis conventional
Title : CYCLE TIME REDUCTION IN 500MW BOILER DRUM MANUFACTURING USING CPM
Industry : BHEL-TIRUCHY
In this competitive world the products should come to the market in a faster manner. For that the
cycle time of the manufacturing processes should be reduced. Then only the productivity rate will
Various manufacturing processes for a boiler drum are studied and the process chart was drawn.
The critical path was determined by using Critical Path Method (CPM).
We can reduce the total number of shifts and cycle time to complete the Boiler Drum Manufacturing
by determining the appropriate Man-Days per shift.
Feasibility studies are done, to determine the activity in which cycle time reduction is practical.
The implementation of the suggested improvements in this project will lead to increased
productivity, shorter lead times, reduced various cost & Increased profit.
3. EXPERIENCE & INTERNSHIP DETAILS: Total 4.2 Years Exp., (including Internship)
1. Organization : Green Tree Buildings Energy Pvt., Ltd., Delhi
Designation : Senior Energy Analyst
Department : Building Energy Modeling and Simulation
Period : July 2015 to Present – 5 Months
Profile activities :
• Support the bid team
• Perform an initial review of the client requirements when an Invitation to Tender documents is
• Allocate the requirements to the required system and functions and manage these requirements
throughout the engineering process
• Work with Architect, Structural & Draftsmen in an integrated design approach
• Vetting of MEP Design Basis Reports, Drawings and BOQ
• HVAC, Thermal and Renewable Energy Calculations
• Consolidation of Monthly Progress Report and Client meetings as and when required.
• Check compliance of building with Local Building codes and Documentation as per Regulatory
• Code Compliance Energy Modelling (Appendix G – ASHRAE 90.1, LEED - USGBC, IGBC, ECBC, GRIHA)
• Recommend energy conservation measures to improve energy performance of building. Main
Categories of energy conservation measures fall under Building Envelope, HVAC and Lighting
• Energy Simulation Study simulates the energy required in a building at the drawing board level of a
building design using real time data and weather conditions of that particular place. This process
also gives us the measure of the energy that will be consumed in that building as per various
national and international standards. This helps us to set the bench mark level of energy
consumption for a particular building.
• Energy Simulation Study helps you to take informed decision in the design and construction of the
buildings from an Energy Consumption point of view. Building Energy simulation tool which help us
decide the right or optimum material and equipment specifications in a scientific and systematic
• Preparation of Energy Simulation Reports and Energy Credits documentations as per type of
• Few Green Building Projects :
a. Gardenia Eco City, Noida - IGBC
b. JM Orchid- IGBC Gold Rated
c. Rajiv Gupta Residence, Gurgaon - IGBC
d. JM Aroma, Noida - IGBC
e. Skytech Matrott – High-rise Residential Noida – IGBC Platinum Rated
f. BSF 50 Bed Hospital Jodhpur GRIHA
g. Elite Homes, NewDelhi - IGBC Gold Rated
h. Mansion de Salam – Dhaka, Bangladesh USGBC
4. 2. Organization : Alliance Tire Group, Tirunelveli
Designation : Production Planning & Control Engineer
Department : Production Planning & Control
Period : June 2011 to August 2013 – 2.3 Years
Profile activities :
• Daily Morning Input Raw Materials Inventory have been taken in the Mixing Area, Extruder Area,
Marangoni Area and output inventory have been taken in the Ware House then purchasing Raw
material schedule is prepared depends on this inventory.
• Daily PPS (3S/D) is prepared and issued to Mixing Area, Beading, 3 Roll Calender, 4 Roll Calender,
Bias Cutter, Tire Building, Marangoni, Tire Curing and Maintenance Dept.,.
• The Production Tonnage calculated for Tire Building and Tire Curing at the end of the shifts.
• Tire Building Plant Capacity 110 Tonnage per day and Tire Curing Plant Capacity 120 Tonnage / day.
• We achieved 6 times plant full capacity in Tire Building and Tire Curing, more times we crossed 100
Tonnage in Tire Building and Tire Curing during my working period.
• Monthly once , industry statics in the 1st shift and Total Inventory have been taken then we make the
inventory report within 4 days after that send the report to Head office Purchasing Dept.
• During this period Monthly Maintenance work had been done.
3. Organization : GSH (India) Private Limited
Designation : Intern
Department : ENERGY
Period : July 2014 to May 2015 – 11 Months
Profile activities :
• Identifying the area of high energy consuming sources and designing and developing energy efficient
processes in such areas.
• Introducing innovative energy efficient processes and implementing the same in the organization
for high energy efficiency
• Conducting on-site and field observations, collecting energy efficiency data, and analyzing the
process of energy efficiency used
• Evaluating energy efficiency by reviewing architectural, mechanical, and electrical plans of the
organization, consulting the engineers for installation of energy efficient systems like climate control
systems, day lighting design, etc., and preparing technical reports for implementation of energy
• Taking pivotal role in creating awareness about energy efficient systems installed and actively
participating in encouraging the use of alternative energy resources
• Conducting energy audits / research on alternative sources of energy, performing lab experiments,
evaluating the results in terms of energy usage, conservation measure, cost effectiveness, etc., using
mathematical and computer models for better implementation of energy management projects
5. • Managing the construction, designing, and development of energy management projects as per the
guidelines from the federal department and the budget requirement, performing energy modeling,
verification, and commissioning as per the large-scale industrial process
• Coordinating with the project management team for overall analysis of energy management system
• Carrying out negotiations with fuel providers as per service agreements and managing costs and
revenues while negotiating the tariff of new and existing supplies
4. Client : AXIS IT&T
Software : PRO-E Wildfire 4.0
Designation : Intern – Design Engineer
Department : Electrical Wiring Harness – Procabling Design
Period : November 2010 to May 2011 – 7 Months
Profile activities :
• Circuit, Modeling ,Detailing , Harness drawing and Group drawing creation.
• Detail drawing creation for Cabling components like Connectors, Terminals, etc.
• Harness Design, Flattening , Harness drawing creation for CAT Trucks .
• Group Modeling, Group drawings creation for CAT Trucks.
• Schematic Diagram creation, 3D routing, Flattening, Wiring Harness Drawing ,Group drawing.
• Error Report Generation, Wires, Circuits, Compare Diagrams, Automatic updates, etc.
• Layer Control Methods, Datum plane, datum feature, datum targets, Process & Software based
approach of 3D Harness as per CAT standards & Requirements.
• Study of Catterpillar drawings, Views, Sections, Internal and External feature dimensions.
GREEN BUILDING & HVAC DESIGN WORKSHOP – 1 WEEK
Climate Change, Ozone Depletion and Cooling Systems
The Environmental Challenge – When cooling interiors means global warming
Need for appropriate cooling systems & Alternative cooling strategies in the context of energy
efficiency and climate change mitigation
Building Energy Performance in India – Concepts & Examples
Introduction to Integrative Design – ‘Performance by Design’
Thermal Comfort and Indoor Air Quality – Concepts, measurements and standards
Passive Cooling systems and Techniques
Sustainable Cooling Technologies
Active cooling – Efficient HVAC systems
Natural Refrigerant based Air conditioning ( Unitary & Centralized Systems)
6. Direct & Indirect Evaporative cooling Systems
Radiant Cooling Techniques
Solar Vapour Absorption Systems
Site Visit – Olympia Tech Park, Guindy (IGBC Green Gold Rated Building)
Green Building Concepts, Materials, Performance and Economics
Government Policies and regulations – ECBC, Voluntary Green rating systems and Star rating
Systems for Buildings and equipment, Brief comparisons of various rating systems
Integration of green building concepts in mainstream industry practices : Case Studies :
Performance by Design, Rocky Mountain Institute – Complete Documentary
Site Visit – Dakshin Chitra Architecture Museum ( To understand passive cooling techniques)
Learning by Doing – Practical Understanding of Energy modeling through software
Introduction to Energy Modelling : Theory of Heat load Simulation with Smart Energy Tool :
Smart Energy Tool – Modelling Sustainable Cooling Technologies
Simulation Modelling with Smart Energy and Assessments
Case Study Detailing : Doing heat load calculations and modeling an output that demonstrates
sustainable building design incorporating sustainable cooling technologies and techniques
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES IN ENERGY FIELD
Energy engineers play a very important role in maintaining the energy efficiency of an organization. Their
major role in the organization is to generate new energy from renewable resources and provide clean and
efficient energy supply with minimal environmental damage. Apart from this, energy engineers are also
responsible for enhancing efficiency of existing energy resources by designing, developing, and improving
current and new energy generating procedures. The major process of energy generation includes extraction,
production, conversion, transmission, and distribution. Responsibilities of energy engineers also include
creating and extracting energy from a variety of sources such as bio-fuels, nuclear power, hydro power,
wind power, solar power, oil, gas, etc. Role of an energy engineer is quite multidimensional, and thus for
being successful in this field, it requires one to have an up-to-date technical knowledge on the latest
discoveries and inventions, industrial development trends, legislative and regulatory limitations, etc.,
needed for implementation of energy efficient systems.
7. IN PLANT – TRAINING
MARUTI SUZUKI service shop (12 days) & HYUNDAI SUSEE Automobiles Pvt. Ltd., (6 days).
AAVIN-Nellai (11 days) & DCW Ltd., (6 days).
Took part in the YSSP for 75 days [May 2003,May2004 and May 2005(15days)] organized by
The Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India and the TNSCST, Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Won II Place in ‘Computer Drawing’ & ‘Herbal Event’,at St. Xavier’s Hr. Sec. School, INDIA.
Won III Place in ‘Essay Writing’ in the year of 2004 & 2006 at St. Xavier’s Hr. Sec. School, INDIA.
Won III Place in ‘Tamil Essay Writing’ at Scott Christian College, Tamil Nadu, INDIA.
Participated ‘Fund Collecting of Resources Mobilisation for Leprosy Eradication’, INDIA.
CO – CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Published Journal in ‘16th ISME Conference’ on Mechanical Engineering at IIT – DELHI, INDIA.
Won I Prize in ‘My Idea Programme’ conducted by Dr.SACOE ,VIT and IIT – MADRAS, Tamil Nadu.
Won I Prize in ‘Paper Presentation’ at GCT-Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, INDIA.
Won I Prize in ‘Paper Presentation’ at SIT-Madurai, Tamil Nadu, INDIA.
Won I Prize in ‘Paper Presentation’ at JAYA ENGG COLLEGE-Chennai, Tamil Nadu, INDIA.
Participated ‘Workshop’ in IIT MADRAS,KARUNYA UNIVERSITY, Dr.SACOE, Tamil Nadu, INDIA.
Participated more Technical Events (CAD Modeling, Car Sketching, Drafting ,Water Rocketry etc.,) in
various Technical Universities and Engineering colleges.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
BEST YOUNG INNOVATOR 2011 in college (Dr.SACOE) selected by Villgro and participated in two
days Young Innovator Programme at IIT MADRAS on 18th & 19th March 2011.
BEST FINAL YEAR PROJECT certified by Tiruchy BHEL & my college (Dr.SACOE) selected that project
entitled, “CYCLE TIME REDUCTION IN 500MW BOILER DRUM MANUFACTURING USING CPM” ,as
BEST PROJECT in Mechanical Engineering Department for the academic year 2010-2011.
BEST PAPER PRESENTER selected by MASS.
1st RANK in 8th SEMESTER in my college (Dr.SACOE) in the Anna University Examination.
YOUNG STUDENT SCIENTIST in school (St.XHSS) selected by The Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India and
the TNSCST, Govt. of Tamil Nadu & participated program at Scott Christian College during 2003-05.
Completed JUNIOR GRADE IN ENGLISH Type Writing.
8. PASSPORT DETAILS
Passport Number : J 5656999
Place of Issue : Madurai
Date of Issue : 04/02/2011
Date of Expiry : 03/02/2021
Name : Manikandan .S
Father’s Name : Mr.A.Sudalaimani
Date of Birth : 27-05-1990
Sex : Male
Nationality : Indian
Blood Group : B+ve
Languages Known : Tamil, English, and Telugu
Hobbies : Bike Driving, Bus Travelling, Listening to Songs, Drawing.
Strength : Adaptive to New Environments Easily, Night Rider,
Interest in Gaining Knowledge, Team Worker, Positive Attitude.
Name : Dr. R. SETHUMADHAVAN
Designation : Professor – Anna University,
Department : IES, Mechanical Dept., College of Engineering Guindy,
University : ANNA UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI
Contact No : +91-94 44 45 46 25
I hereby certify that above furnished details are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Place : Delhi – NCR [MANIKANDAN .S]