O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Renaissance started from 1000 AD-1400 AD.(14th
The word Renaissance is a French word which
means “Rebirth”. Rebirth of art and learning.
Beginning of Renaissance :
Renaissance started as a cultural movement from
Italy and then spread to the other parts of Europe.
Italian Renaissance :
It means rebirth of ancient Greek and Roman world. It
was the start of the general European Renaissance.
Main focus was human achievement instead of
religious or spiritual achievements. Knowledge was
Northern Renaissance :
With the rise of trade , travel and literacy the Italian
Renaissance spread to Northern Europe. Main focus
was religious or spiritual achievements.
Renaissance Society :
Its is divided into 3 categories
1. Nobility (wealthy class )
2. Townspeople (middle class and provide goods and
3. Peasants ( poor and weakest class )
City-states of the Renaissance :
Contribution of the Renaissance :
1. Invention of the Gutenberg Press.
2. The banking business.
3. Expansion of trade.
4. Humanism, individual is the center of the Universe.
5. Gateway to modern art forms.
6. Expansion of Greek and Roman architecture and
Printing Press :
1. Johannes Gutenberg was a German goldsmith and printer.
2. Gutenberg was 1st to develop movable types in 1445. This
allowed for mass production of books.
3. 1456 1st Gutenberg Bible was printed.
4. Gutenberg was the key figure in spreading the Renaissance
and his invention is most important invention in the
1. Francesco Petrarch is often called the “Father of
2. He was a scholar and a poet who lived in Florence in
the 1300s. His ideas and poetry became an
inspiration to many writers and poets.
1. Literature led to a new form of life in this world
called as Renaissance Humanism.
2. Humanism is a movement in literature where Man is
the center of all thoughts.
3. All literature revolved around Man
( to know this human being better )
1. Leonardo Da Vinci
2. Michel Angelo
3. Raphael Santi
4. William shakespare
New Artistic Techniques :
1. Fresco ( watercolour on fresh plaster )
2. Law of perspective
3. Study of human anatomy
4. Goal ( imitate nature )