O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Making the Most Difference - a Social Value training course
Making the Most Difference
GMSVN’s Social Value Roadmap
A half day workshop
• Workshop materials openly available
• For private, statutory or not-for-profit
• For mixed groups or single organisations
• Introductory level
• Intended for people who want to increase
community benefit of their organisation
• It’s interactive and encourages networking
By the end of the workshop...
• understand what a social value approach is
• understand how it applies to their
• will have the beginnings of an action plan
• You, your organisation, one core value
What % of
are in GM (including
• Social Value Approach
• Social Value Act
• Dispelling the myths
The garage case study
You are the owner of a small garage that services and repairs
cars, employing less than 10 people based in a disadvantaged
area of Bolton.
What ideas do you have for increasing the economic, social and
environmental benefits that the garage has for the local area?
Think about your
Assessing and measuring impact
The garage has decided to offer advice to its customers
about tyre pressure as this can have a significant impact on
fuel economy and production of climate change gases.
Who are the beneficiaries?
How could the impact could be measured?
Think about your
The garage has decided to offer advice to its customers about
tyre pressure as this can have a significant impact on fuel
economy and production of climate change gases.
How could you inform stakeholders about the impact of advice?
Business case for social value
• What are the key benefits of existing social
value work for my organisation?
• Apprentices have more chance of getting a job
• What other benefits are there for my
organisation of using a social value approach?
• Improve our reputation in the local area
Finally... The Roadmap
A few minutes to reflect on how
participants will take social value forward
in their organisation
Interested in finding out more?