• Background (how do we store information?)
• Advantages of Digital Document
• Advantages vs Disadvantages
• Tools of Digital Document
3. How do we store information?
• Loose paper documents in folders or
• Magazines, journals, newsletters
• Electronic files (PDF, HTML, RTF, DOC,
4. Digital Document
A digital document is any electronic media
content (other than computer programs or system
files) that are intended to be used in either an
electronic form or as printed output.
5. Advantages of Digital Documentation
• Reducing our Use of
Paper. (Toner and
• Improving Staff
• Enhancing Document
6. Advantages vs Disadvantages
· Speed of creation
· Easy management
· New signature
· Changes in legislation New
techniques for transmission
7. Tools of Digital Document
• Online editing. Users can edit
files online simultaneously.
• OCR. This lets you make
changes to scanned documents.
• Audit trail. When adjustments
are made to a document, you
get notified and view which
actions are made by each user.
The main goal of any company/
system should be identifying
your information management
goals, creating an DMS to meet
these needs, and then further
honing and optimizing your