B.TECH CSE 3RD YEAR
A PRESENTATION ON
What is Python..?
Programming vs scripting Language
History of Python & Versions
What can I do with Python?
Which company use Python today?
Why do people use Python?
Installing python IDE
A sample code
What is Python…?
• Python is a simple, easy to learn, powerful, high level and objec-
oriented programming language.
• Python is programming language as well as scripting language like PHP,
Perl ,Ruby and many much more.
• Python is called interpreted language also.
• It is often applied in scripting roles.
• Python is widely used dynamic programming language.
• It supports object oriented programming approach to develop
applications. It is simple and easy to learn and provides lots of high-
level data structures.
• Python is not work on a special area such as web programming.It is
multipurpose because it can be used with web, enterprises, 3D,etc..
Programming vs scripting language
• A program is executed (source is first
compiled, result of that compilation
• A “program” in general is a sequence
of the instructions so that computer
can perform a certain task.
• A script is interpreted.
• A ‘script’ is a code written in
scripting language .
• A scripting language is nothing but
a type of programming language in
which we can write code to control
another software application.
• Python laid foundation in the late 1980s.Python created by Guido van
Rossum in 1989 in Netherland.
• Python 1.0 released in 1991(lambda, map, filter and reduce)
• Python 2.0 released in 2000(list comprehensions, garbage collection
• Python 3.0 released in 2008(designed to fundamental flaw of the
• Some Python documentation versions was released in 2018
• Python 2.7.9 & 2.7.11 is the recommended version
• Multi-purpose(Web, GUI,Scripting,etc..)
• Easy to Learn and Use
• Expressive Language
• Cross-platform Language
• Free and Open Source
• Object-Oriented Language
• Large Standard Library
• Dynamically typed(a=10)
• Large and standard library
Applications of Python
Python is used in many application domains. Some application are here..
• Web framework and Internet Development
• Scientific and Numeric
• Desktop GUIs
• Software Development
• Business Applications
• Operating Systems
What can I do with python?
• System programming
• Graphical User interface
• Internet Scripting
• Database programming
• Gaming, Images,Robot and many more
Who use Python
Some companies are using Python
• Instagram(owned by Facebook)
• Reddit( American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website)
Why do people use Python
The following primary factors cited by Python users seem to be these:
Python is object oriented
Structure support such concept as polymorphism,multiple inheritance
class, object, etc
Indentation is one of the greatest features in python
It’s free(Open source)
downloading and installing Python is free and easy
Source code easily accessible
• Python is pre-installed on most
Unix system,including linux and
• But for in windows operating
system,users can download from
• Recent version is 3.7.0 but most
of them uses version 3.0
After the installing python
go to start menu then click
on Python in that one you
can select (command line)
it is prompt with>>>
How to Code in Python
• The very basic example:Hello World
• >>> a=("Welcome To Python Example")
>>> print a
• Save file-hello.py
• .py is the extension of python
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.