O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
How to Use Local Meetups to Build an Audience - with Colin Yearwood
Get Started on Meetup.com
the Right Way
Set it UpSet it Up
If you're a member:
Register and Complete Your Profile
- It's FREE to register on Meetup.com
- Let people know who you are and what you’re
- Link and connect all your social media networks
- Don’t pitch or sell anything in your bio
- Give people enough information so that there is no
doubt about the value you provide
Find Active Meetup Groups in Your Area
- Use the search feature to find active meetup groups
- People are looking to connect with others around shared passion
Analyse the Groups You Found
- few key things you should look at:
Number of members: gives you an idea of how
many people you can expect at the events.
Next scheduled event: you’ll be able to tell how
active the group is
Group reviews: The more negative reviews the
meetup group has, the more worthless it is to
take part in.
Join and Introduce Yourself
- one of your main goals: connect with people in person
- what this does:
This lets people know that you exist.
This will increase the chances that someone will
recognize you when you attend the Meetup.
Set Reasonable Expectations
- Look at those smaller events as a way to establish
deeper, more meaningful relationships.
If you're an organizer:
Set it up
meetups to run
Join groups, attend
events and analyze
what’s working and
look around to
First thing to do:First thing to do:
- Choose a good name, headline and detailed description
- Optional: choose a specific member label
Set it UpSet it Up
- Don’t set up a naked group page.
- Use pictures (profile picture, group picture, customized
banner, event location)
- Customized Banner. Use this area to highlight some
aspect of your meetups.
- Event location. If you have a picture of the event
location, that would be great to add to the group page.
Setup a customized URL
Schedule at least one event immediately
Advanced: Setup member profile questionnaires
More about Using Local Meetups to Build an Audience at