O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Social media participation is one of the best tools for online reputation management for physicians and other professionals. These slides are from a presentation I did with Dr. Farris Timimi for an audience of physicians at Mayo Clinic on June 21, 2018.
Mayo Clinic has developed Social Media
Resources for Safe, Effective Engagement
Social Networking is part of Mayo
Clinic’s organizational DNA
The Mayo Clinic Social Media Network
• The Mayo Clinic Social Media Network (#MCSMN) exists to
improve health globally by accelerating effective application of
social media tools throughout Mayo Clinic and spurring broader
and deeper engagement in social media by hospitals, medical
professionals and patients.
• Our Mission: Lead the social media revolution in health care,
contributing to health and well being for people everywhere.
• Makes resources developed for Mayo Clinic staff available to
peers, and generates revenue to support mission.
#MCSMN: A Catalyst for Health Care Social Media
• Best Practices
Go to socialmedia.mayoclinic.org/register to join!
Recapping Reputation Recommendations
1. Claim and Complete Doximity Profile
2. Create Twitter Account
3. Create LinkedIn Profile
4. Record and Upload YouTube Video*
Implementing Reputation Recommendations
“How-to” blog post
from Dr. Timimi on
Social for Healthcare Certificate from Mayo Clinic and Hootsuite
3.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM Available
Maximizing Effect of Social Strategies
• Inactive accounts have minimal reputational benefit
(and could be negative)
• Keeping accounts active takes time and effort
• Solution: Find or develop trusted sources of content to
feed into your accounts
• A trustworthy source for
your social media accounts
available on Mayo Clinic
Social Media Network and
Mayo Clinic Connect
• Gathers content from Mayo
Clinic News Network,
Sharing Mayo Clinic, In the
Loop, Mayo Clinic Social
Media Network in one
place for easy sharing
Other Content Options
• Anything on official Mayo Clinic Accounts (Facebook,
Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) is fair game to share
• Trusted sources you may identify
• Specialty journal articles
• Colleagues (internal or external)