O slideshow foi denunciado.
THE GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT
THE “SPIRIT REALM” IS REAL
GOD WANTS US TO LIVE IN THE “SPIRIT REALM”
1. (2Kings 6:8-17)
a. Elisha heard the Kings words, though he wasn’t there. V.9,
b. Elisha prayed for his servants eyes to be opened. V. 7
c. Then he saw the chariots of ﬁre. V.17
2. (1Corinthians 2:9-10) Holy Spirit shows us things eyes have not seen and ears have not
3. (Isaiah 55:8-11) God’s thoughts are much higher than ours and His ways are wiser
1. (John 10:27-28) His sheep hear His voice
2. (Romans 8:14) Sons of God are led by His Spirit
3. (John 5:19; 8:38) Jesus saw and heard in the “Spirit Realm” He only did what He saw the
Father do. He only said what He heard the Father say.
4. (Romans 8:27) Holy Spirit intercedes through us according to God’s will. Learning to get the
“mind of the Spirit” in prayer prepares us to hear His voice in the “Gifts”
5. (2Corinthians 5:7) We walk by faith (in the unseen) and not by sight
TRANSPARENCY LESSON ( See sample drawings)
III. GOD IS A SPIRIT
1. (John 4:24) We can ONLY commune with Him in the Spirit
2. (John 3:5) We must be born of the Spirit. When we are born again, we begin our spiritual
walk. Our spirit grows through the Word, obedience and prayer.
IV. THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT
1. Increases our capacity to commune with God in the Spirit, recognize His voice, and have to
do what He tells or shows us. It is a doorway to living in a new realm of revelation and
V. (1 CORINTHIANS 12:8-10) THE GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT ARE
FOR ALL BELIEVERS WHO ARE SPIRIT BAPTIZED
1. Gifts of Revelation
a. Discerning of Spirits: Enables us to discern the difference between the Holy Spirit, the
human spirit and evil spirits.
b. Word of Knowledge: a revelation of a piece of information which can’t be known in a
natural way God’s diagnosis of a situation.
c. Word of Wisdom: Supernaturally given revelation of God’s direction and guidance for a
speciﬁc situation. God’s will for us.
2. Gifts of Power
a. Faith: An instantaneous complete assurance of God’s willingness and ability to act in a
Children‛s Ministry Manual ©2005
a. Healings: Special anointings of the Holy Spirit which enables us to bring God’s healing
power to those who are sick.
b. Miracles: Special momentary gift of authority which enables us to perform miracles in
the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Gifts of Utterance
a. Tongues: Asupernatural means of God’s communication with His people, a message given
in a language unknown to the speaker, always used with the Gift of Interpretation (not the
same as tongues for personal prayers given with the Baptism of the Spirit)
b. Interpretation: of Tongues supernaturally gives in one’s own language the meaning of what
was said in the Gift of Tongues.
c. Prophecy: an anointing of the Holy Spirit to speak the Words of God. It is for direction
up building and encouragement. Sometimes it may predict future events, if God wills.
VI. THERE ARE 9 GIFTS AND 9 FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT
1. God wants us to walk in balance. Some Christians want only the (Galatians 5:22) “fruit” of the
Spirit, others want only the “gifts”. Mature Christians should manifest both.
VII. JESUS AS THE HEAD OF THE BODY OF CHRIST
1. He gives instructions by the Holy Spirit to each member of His body. The mature church is
made up of individual members who hear His voice and do what He says.
2. (Ephesians 4:16) “From whom the whole body ﬁtly joined together and compacted by that
which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part,
maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.” (read Ephesians 4:4-16)
VIII.WE MUST BELIEVE THAT HOLY SPIRIT WANTS TO SPEAK TO
AND THROUGH US AND USE US FOR HIS GLORY!!
Read the following verses out loud and all together: 1Corinthians 12:1, 7, 11, 31; 14:1, 12, 31, 39
Children‛s Ministry Manual ©2005