3. ABOUT THE COMPANY
By six members Akash kadlag who is health and
safety manager, Hardik Beladiya who is structural
engineer, Nitesh Chaudhari who is civil engineer,
Prathmesh Jadhav is who is quality monitor and
control manager, Venkata Raju who is architect
and Sooraj K Ram who is construction manager
formed Hierarchy makers in 2018 in Manchester
who have great knowledge and experience in the
specific field of construction. Our Company has
delivered projects worth approximately £30
million in this 4 year of starting period.
Our goal is to build, create and innovate for our
clients as we aim on delivering great work that
meets their needs. We want to expand our
company abilities in many sectors of
construction industry with successful delivered
projects. We are looking forward as a becoming
unicorn in construction industry with the time.
5. OUR HIGHLY QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED
TEAM MEMBERS WORK ACROSS A VARIETY
OF INDUSTRIES, INCLUDING RESIDENTIAL,
COMMERCIAL, HOTELS, RETAIL,
HEALTHCARE AND LEISURE, WITH A GOAL
OF PROVIDING SUITABLE AND RELIABLE
SOLUTIONS THAT SATISFY THE DEMANDS
BETWEEN BOTH OUR PUBLIC SECTOR AND
PRIVATE CLIENTS. WE TAKE GREAT
SATISFACTION IN WORKING CLOSELY WITH
OUR CLIENTS TO REALISE THEIR DREAM
WHILE CONSTANTLY INNOVATING TO
MAKE SURE WE USE THE MOST MODERN
DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION TECHNIQUES.
6. MAGGIE'S CANCER CARING
Client Name of this Project: -
Maggie's Cancer Caring
Location of Project: -
Cost of Project: - £1.45 million
Project Completion Period: -
Project Type:-New structure.
Client Name of this Project: -
Primary Property Horizons Ltd.
Location of Project: - Alfreton.
Cost of Project: - £4 million.
Project Completion Period: -40
Construction Size: -1088sq.m.
Project aspects: -Use of
Natural sunlight and better
natural air circulation system.
Client Name of this project: -
old Granada studios.
Location of Project: -London.
Cost of Project: - £13million.
Old Granada studios office
7. COMPANY POLICIES:
Hierarchy makers are well-aware of their duties
under the Health and Safety at Work Act of 1974
as well as other relevant laws. The Company's
policy is to conduct all of its operational
processes in a way that ensures the health,
welfare, and safety of all parties involved,
including any potential victims. Our health and
safety manager has the duty of deciding to put
these policies into execution
Hierarchy Makers is aware of its duty to conduct its
planning process in a honest and sensitive way, and
we want to continue to maintain this ritual.We shall
make an effort to include social and environmental
factors in our construction contracts in accordance
with our environmental policies. We understand that
it is our duty to motivate the people in our supply
chain to reduce any unfavourable social and
ecological impacts related to the goods and services
8. COMPANY POLICIES:
● Hierarchy Makers' policy is to offer
management, design, instruction,
network management, sign making,
and services in project management in
accordance with predetermined terms
of a contract, in accordance with the
client's expectations, within the
budgeted cost, and at a profit that is
reasonable to the Equity investors. Our
quality monitor and control manager
has the duty of deciding to put these
policies into execution.
● Hierarchy Makers is concerned of how
our moral, cultural, and ecological
actions affect our identity. Because of
this, we are driven to enhance our
policies and procedures throughout
the Group in order to guarantee that
we handle and analyse all elements of
CSR that are essential to our
organization. These consist of
upstanding moral conduct,
consideration for the health and safety
of employees, ecological
sustainability, and community service.
This study focuses on the planning and justification of an effective site layout, which is essential for both workers'
safety and the effectiveness of a project. It provides a precise plan of the whole site and how the proposed works
would interact with the property's boundaries, neighbouring roadways, and nearby structures.
Managing The Site
Leading a new site can be difficult, but patient, encouragement, and honesty can help make it easier.
The price of a plot of land depends on the seller's motivation to sell, location, size, shape, accessibility, proximity
to facilities and transportation hubs, and planning permission.
12. SITE FENCING
Safe Site Facilities' construction site safety fencing is
made of galvanised steel and provides cost-effective,
safety-conscious solutions for short-term
or one-time events.
Mesh panel fencing :
Fencing panels are supported by rubber block fence feet and
fence clips, with security fence clips and a
spanner to make it difficult for burglars to undo them.
Transportation inside and outside the site :
Make sure materials arrive on schedule
and in good condition to ensure safe delivery.
Hoardings provide safety, security, and protection
to both the public and workers,
and make excellent marketing tools.
13. Medical Emergency treatment room and first aids :
A designated individual in charge of the first aid plans and a designated first aid coordinator should be responsible
for collecting workers and contractors' contact information, providing a first aid kit with enough supplies, making
sure accidents are recorded in an accident book, and having a fire extinguisher at the site office.
Drinking water on the site:
Water is essential for workers, managers,and the authority
to have a ready supply of potable water, and should be
stored and replaced regularly to ensure availability.
Portable toilets use less water than public
restrooms, which benefits the environment
and reduces water consumption.
Office on wheels
Mobile Mini construction offices can be used for short-term work
requirements on building sites,
city projects, renovations, and other projects,
allowing for simultaneous satisfaction of multiple demands.
14. Photo by Pixabay
What is Sustainable Building?
- Sustainable building aims to
minimize environmental impact and
maximize the use of renewable
sources while enhancing the quality of
life inside the building.
- It employs reusable and regenerated
materials for construction, reduces
energy utilization, and trash creation.
- A building's influence can be judged
long after it is built, so it is important to
consider all elements from design
15. Photo by Pixabay
Three Pillars of Sustainability
- The three pillars of sustainability are environment,social,economic pillars
- Environmental sustainability focuses on using environmentally friendly
products and methods and reducing negative impacts on the environment.
- Social benefits of sustainability include improving workplace health, wellness,
education, reducing crime, and benefiting the community.
- In the economic Sustainable construction can reduce costs by using
life cycle analysis and well-built structures that require normal maintenance.
- Life and work improvements through sustainable construction can boost economic
- Designers and construction managers are under pressure to use safer construction
equipment and eco-friendly design.
16. Reducing Construction Impact
- To reduce construction impact, brownfields or existing
buildings can be used for redevelopment.
- Proper protection is needed to reduce dangerous subsurface
gas carbon emissions.
- Durable materials and longer equipment renewal intervals can
extend the lifespan of structures.
- Sustainable construction can create jobs and build prosperous
17. Flood Prevention & Water Conservation
- Green building methods reduce flood risk
- Investigate local floodwater defences and any upgrades
before building a property
- Restore ecological inflows and waterways to reduce
- Install drains and rooftop gardens for flood control
Green building methods conserve water during and after
- Repair breaches quickly, use water-efficient trucks, and
use fixtures and equipment to help residents conserve
- Examples like Bloomberg HQ's 70% water savings
18. Photo by Pixabay
Energy Efficiency Sustainability and Cost-
- Make layouts eco-friendly by optimizing
natural sunlight use and using motion-
sensitive lighting, air conditioners, and energy-
- Consider energy-saving options for
demolishing, transporting, and excavating
Green and environmentally friendly structures
can be cost-effective with proper planning and
the use of eco-friendly materials
- Consider recycled or green materials such as
hay bales, bamboo, and wood concrete
19. Photo by Pixabay
Sustainability and Cost-Effectiveness
- Green and environmentally friendly
structures can be cost-effective with
proper planning and the use of eco-
- Consider recycled or green materials
such as hay bales, bamboo, and wood
20. Improved Health for Residents
- Biophilic design improves health by connecting people to nature,
reducing stress, and boosting productivity
- Intense system design promotes exercise and fitness
21. Proper Insulation Use
- Use eco-friendly insulation materials
such as cellulosic insulation, silk,
sheep's wool, and polyester spray
- Proper insulation contributes to
sustainability and long-lasting
22. Photo by Pixabay
Introduction to the Construction Industry
- In the construction industry, various types of incidents happen, and due to that reason, it is essential to
develop proper Healthy & Safety plans within the organization to ensure the proper protection of employees.
A Hierarchy group Group is a well-known construction and regeneration group in the United Kingdom, which
has approximately 6.700, operates different sectors, and develops its own Health and Safety Policy with
this Health and Safety Management System.
Health and Safety Plan in Construction
23. Photo by Pixabay
Health and Safety Risks in Construction -
Normandy Way Primary School Site
- Working at height as a major reason for fatalities
- Moving objects can result in slips, trips, and falls
- Improper handling of heavy machinery can cause muscle
damage and tears in ligaments and discs
- Risk of unintended collapse
All dangerous areas will have pertinent hazard signs
instaled to warn workers when they are approaching the
24. Photo by Pixabay
Need for Health Safety and Welfare
- Health, safety, and welfare plans are important for employees in the construction industry, as they
provide protection from illness, emergencies, injuries, unpredicted future, and additional health & safety
hazards. Safety training is one of the main responsibilities of all construction companies, as it reduces the
chances of injuries by almost 50%. OSHA has observed that construction companies that do not follow
any health, safety and welfare plan have faced various issues related to health and safety hazards. All
construction companies have to be aware that their plans are effective in nature for their companies.
- Decrease time and expenses lost due to on-site accidents
- Increase safety compliance and build a safety culture on the site
25. Photo by Pixabay
Health and Safety Objectives and
- Health and safety protocols should be in place to protect all persons on-site
- Line manager takes overall responsibility for health and safety measures
- On-site supervisor monitors and controls day-to-day safety measures
- Site professionals encouraged to share their views with the site manager
- Excessive noise in the construction industry is also a major issue. Constant
- excessive noise can create permanent hearing problems. Due to that reason,
it is essential to provide proper noise risk assessment, so that employees
can understand how to handle heat damage.
- Standard Setting in Health and Safety Plans
Work must follow relevant policies and regulations, including the “Health and Safety
at Work Act 1974” and the “Construction Regulation 2015”
- Specific standards mandated by the client must also be followed
26. Project Control
- The health and safety plan or programs are formulated to ensure logical construction work.
- The program is updated every week.
- The contracts manager is responsible for monitoring the Health and Safety Plan.
- Emergency Procedures
- In case of any emergency in the construction site, a telephone number is provided to request emergency
- An emergency assembly point has been designated.
- The details of the nearest hospital with an emergency department within a distance of fewer than 3 miles
will be mentioned.
27. Safe Practices and Policies & Side Wide Elements
- Implementation of strong visible leadership and industry
- standards to comply
- with the health, safety, and well-being of employees.
- Five components of health, safety, and well-being practices
have five parameters:
- introduction to health and safety measures,
- risk assessment, a safe system of work,
- re-assessment of work risk, and competence.
- Considering employing an integrated management system (IMS) to enhance health-safety and welfare.
- Complying with the “OHSAS 18001 standards” to ensure “occupational health and safety management best
- Complying with the “ISO 14001” standards for integrated management.
- Suite of documents is inserted to deal with the health risks of COVID-19.
- Includes company policy for COVID-19, site-specific safety standards, possible precaution in all the
- Construction industry is fastest growing industry but also recorded with highest safety and welfare
- Health safety and Welfare Plan for Hierarchy group developed by considering latest safety standards.