O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
A Scribd passará a dirigir o SlideShare em 1 de dezembro de 2020A partir desta data, a Scribd passará a gerenciar sua conta do SlideShare e qualquer conteúdo que você possa ter na plataforma. Além disso, serão aplicados os Termos gerais de uso e a Política de Privacidade da Scribd. Se prefira sair da plataforma, por favor, encerre sua conta do SlideShare. Saiba mais.
OPERATIONS AT MAHATMA GANDHI BUS STATION-OPERATIONS AT MAHATMA GANDHI BUS STATION-
• It was started with 27 buses and 166 employees.
• past 81 years, it has registered a steady growth from 27 to 22,507
buses with 778 bus stations, 213 Depots and 1, 881 bus shelters spread
across Six states.
• buses cover over 80.77 lakhs KMs. and carry 154.63 lakhs people.
• They connect 22,507 villages to all major towns and cities in A.P.
• Its major operations and bus services are carried from Mahatma
Gandhi Bus Station Hyderabad.
ABOUT MAHATMA GANDHI BUS STATIONABOUT MAHATMA GANDHI BUS STATION
• considered as largest Bus terminal in Asia.
• covers an area 30 acres (120,000 m2
) and built-up area in eight-hectare
• 74 platforms for incoming and outgoing buses.
• a waiting hall of 7,380 square meters and a shopping complex of 3,455
square meters besides a 5,000 square meters area for private parking.
Operational efficiency at M.G.B.SOperational efficiency at M.G.B.S
• Every day 3600 bus departures takes place.
• No of passengers travelling per day are 1,20,000
• GPS implementation.
• Digital display systems throughout Bus station.
• APSRTC covers approximately 7 million kms, and carry about 126
million passengers to their destinations every day of which M.G.B.S
carries holds a major share.
VARIOUS OPERATIONAL TERMSVARIOUS OPERATIONAL TERMS
• Waiting Time
• Bottle necks:
• Platforms management.
• Heavy traffic on Indian roads.
• Quality of roads
• Queuing System
• Capacity flexibility
• Volatility of demand
• Service Operational Fit
• Operational Fit
• Financial Impact
Integrated OperationsEmployees Customers
• Operating focus
• User- friendly
• Cost – Effective
• High quality service
• effective link
LOAD FACTOR: is the ratio of seat kilometers occupied to seat kilometers offered during a period by an
undertaking. Alternatively it is the ratio of actual earnings to the expected earnings, at full load including
The load factor = Seat kilometers occupied
Seat kilometers offered
•Quality of Roads
= (Passenger kilometers per day) / (Total vehicle kilometers)
= (154.63) / (224.84)
EARNING PER KILOMETER
= (Total Earnings) / (Total Effective Kilometers)
= (5973.05) / (272.82)
= 2189.37 ps.
Fuel efficiency can be termed as the relationship between the distances travelled by the vehicle
upon the fuel consumed by the vehicle (kmpl) (kilometers per liters of fuel)
Fuel efficiency = Distance travelled in kilometers
Fuel consumed in liters.
The fuel efficiency at APSRTC is 5.15 kmpl (2012-2013 till July)
FUEL CONSERVATION METHODS
• APSRTC is spending about Rupees 3,000cr annually towards procurement of 70cr LTRs of High Speed Diesel and 1.5Cr
KGs. of CNG. This constitutes 34% of the total expenditure of APSRTC.
• By introducing, the use of Biodiesel with B10 blend (mixture of 90% diesel and 10% bio-diesel) in 1646 vehicles in 11
depots of Hyderabad and Secunderabad regions, Hyderabad-II depot of the Ranga Reddy region and all the depots of
East Godavari region in view for reducing 10 % Hydro carbons, 6% carbon monoxide and 6% particulate matter.
• The performance of the fuel usage and its efficiency is reviewed depot wise, region wise and zone wise from time to
time and can also be accessed by every employee of the corporation.
• Fuel saving awareness programs are launched every month of January, highlighting the need for saving and conserving
• The fuel performance is analyzed on the basis of classification of different categories of vehicles. Also on the driver
wise kilometers per litre (KMPL).
STEPS TAKEN TO IMPROVISE
Counseling of the low kmpl drivers
Kmpl pocket book
Training by safety driving instructor
Training by Regional Driver Trainer
Identical buses being used
Periodic maintenance of vehicles
Maintaining the quality of buses
Reducing the number of buses pulled for repair
Planning of routes
Reduce unnecessary Idling
Accelerating and braking gently: