IOT Based Garbage Monitoring System
Ranjan Kumar Gupta(1322261055)
Vinay Kumar Mishra(1322231078)
Km Akanksha Dhar Dwivedi (1322231035)
I.T.S Engineering College, Greater Noida
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Under the guidance of
Mr. Prabhakar Sharma
Mr. Mayank Tyagi
• Problem in Society
• Motive of Project
• Block diagram
• This system is a very innovative system which will help to
keep the cities clean.
• A web page is built to show the status to the user monitoring it.
The web page gives a graphical view of the garbage bins and
highlights the garbage collected in color in order to show the
level of garbage collected.
• The LCD screen shows the status of the garbage level.
• The system uses ultrasonic sensors placed over the bins to
detect the garbage level and compare it with the garbage bins
IOT BASED BIN
Motive Of This Project
Why we are choose IOT
• It is the network of physical objects or "things" embedded with
electronics, software, sensors, and network connectivity, which
enables these objects to collect and exchange data.
• Creating opportunities for more direct integration between the
physical world and computer-based systems.
• Data and connected services are the real value of IOT
PCB(Printed Circuit Board)
• It connects electronic components using conductive tracks
copper sheets laminated onto a non-conductive substrate.
1. Single Sided PCBs-This single sided printed circuit
board includes just one layer of base
material or substrate.
2. Double Sided PCBs- This type of PCBs is
much more familiar than single-sided boards.
3. Multilayer PCBs
• It is a smaller computer.
• Has on-chip RAM, ROM, I/O ports.
A single chip
Features of Atmega328
• High Performance, Low Power AVR 8-Bit Microcontroller
• Advanced RISC Architecture
• I/O Pins: 23
• Timers: Two 8-bit / One 16-bit
• External Oscillator: up to 20MHz
Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)
• Most common LCDs connected to the microcontrollers are 16x2
and 20x2 displays.
• This means 16 characters per line by 2 lines and 20 characters
per line by 2 lines, respectively.
• The standard is referred to as HD44780U, which refers to the
controller chip which receives data from an external source (and
communicates directly with the LCD.
•Ultrasonic sensors (also known as transceivers) work on a principle
of a target by interpreting the echoes from radio or sound waves
•Ultrasonic sensors generate high frequency sound waves and
evaluate the echo which is received back by the sensor.
• The ESP8266 Wi-Fi Module is a self contained SOC with
integrated TCP/IP protocol stack that can give any
microcontroller access to your Wi-Fi network.
• The ESP8266 is capable of either hosting an application or
offloading all Wi-Fi networking functions from another
• Each ESP8266 module comes pre-programmed with an AT
command set firmware. The ESP8266 module is an extremely
cost effective board.
MC Programming Language: Embedded C
•The Arduino project provides the Arduino integrated
development environment (IDE), which is a cross-platform
application written in the programming language Java.
•It originated from the IDE for the languages Processing and
Wiring. It is designed to introduce programming to artists and
other newcomers unfamiliar with software development.
• It includes a code editor with features such as syntax
highlighting, brace matching, and automatic indentation, and
provides simple one-click mechanism to compile and load
programs to an Arduino board. A program written with the IDE
for Arduino is called a "sketch".
• Empowered Swach Bharat Mission.
• Support Digital India.
• Real time based monitoring waste collection.
• It makes our system transparent between Municipal
corporation, Workers and Public.
• The novel cloud-based system for waste collection in smart
• The developed system provides improved database for garbage
collection time and quantity of garbage collection at each
• By implementing this project we will avoid over flowing of
garbage from the container in residential area which is
previously either loaded manually or with the help of loaders in
• Development of applications for city administrations,
5. Kanchan Mahajan, Prof.J.S.Chitode, “Waste Bin Monitoring
System Using Integrated Technologies”, International Journal
of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.