Import and Export Files with Google Cloud Storage
● Move encrypted and unencrypted data between Marketing Cloud and Google Cloud Storage
○ Direct transfer from Google Cloud Storage can be up to 10 times faster than the Marketing
● How: To give Marketing Cloud access to your Google Cloud Storage files, use a service account to
download a credential file from Google Cloud. In Marketing Cloud, set up a file location for Google
Cloud Storage and upload the credential file to the file location. Then use the Automation Studio
file transfer, import, or data extract activities with the Google Cloud Storage file location.
Repeatedly Failing Automations are Automatically
An Automation will be automatically
deactivated when it meets BOTH
● Fails at least 30 times
● Has a 100% Failure for the last 30
Failures caused by system errors don’t count
towards either of these metrics
Download Data Extension Storage Details (Beta)
Use Case: View and manage your marketing data usage by downloading your
data extension storage details as a CSV file. Optimize your storage usage,
improve performance, and ensure compliance by removing unneeded data and
updating retention policies.
Details: The CSV file lists your tenant’s data extensions that contain data that
you’ve loaded into Marketing Cloud.
These system and required data extensions aren’t included in the CSV file:
• Einstein data
• Synchronized data from Sales Cloud and Service Cloud
• Customer 360 segments
• Advertising audiences
Package Manager Enhancements
Journey Builder templates can now be added to a package
In-App Journey builder activities can now be added in a package
Shared DEs can now be added in a package
Automation Import Activities that use Subscriber Lists can be added in a package
Images can be packaged as references
Content Blocks referenced using ContentBlockByName will automatically be included in your package
A progress bar will now show the status of your deployment
Improvements to Synchronized DEs being included in packages
Improvements to attribute groups being included in packages
Salesforce.com – Individual Email Results
SubscriberID, JobID, BatchID and ListID are now part of the Individual Email Results dataset in
What is Individual Email Results?
Collection of information about an email deployed to a Contact or Lead via SFMC that is synchronized
Why is this important?
Better alignment of the data within Salesforce.com to that of a SFMC SendLog.
Track Send Activities with Distributed Marketing Reporting
● Enable tracking for Quick Sends to gain
visibility on activities
● Easily view all your Quick Send history to
a contact or lead in a report
● Tracking adds to storage consumption
limits, but you can delete older tracking
objects when they’re no longer needed.
Einstein – Manage Global Model
Expand the amount of data that Einstein can draw from beyond your account using Marketing Cloud’s
global data pool to make better predictions.
You can now opt in and out of Marketing Cloud
data models without having to submit a support ticket.
Setup > Einstein > Einstein Settings
Einstein – Data Quality Scores in SL Tester
The data quality rating informs the user on the precision and accuracy of the data accumulated
for the Subject Line Tester to give the user confidence in using the tool to send the highest-
quality subject lines.
* Available to all users opted into the Global Einstein Model.
Know More About a Journey’s Activity with an
Improved Journey History Dashboard
● Improved History dashboard will allow you to visualize and understand the health of your
journey and the path/activities that Contact takes
● Easily customize the metrics that are most important to you with simplified filtering and
○ You can also share data with stakeholders by exporting reports from Journey Builder
View the Salesforce Activity Configuration in
● You can now view the configuration of each Salesforce activity
in an activated journey by clicking the activity
● You no longer have to create another version of the journey
when investigating data or configuration of inline mismatches
Streamline Journey Navigation with Collapsible Paths
● Navigate complex active
journeys more easily by
● Hide unneeded information to
focus on a specific area, trace
a Contact path, or troubleshoot
a specific issue
Journey Builder Expanded Recommendations UI
Configuration Best Practices
● Proactive guidance on journey configuration, including recommendations for Decision
Splits, Wait Activities and more.
● Included with Journey Builder.
Act on Better Scripting Error Messages
● When possible, a more detailed message about scripting
errors will be shown instead of previous generic error
messages when previewing CloudPages
● This will help provide more descriptive details on how you can
can correct the errors of the page before you publish
Copy CloudPages Page States
● Duplicate page state versions can
now be created by copying and
pasting the page state
● Previously, content had to be
manually copied and pasted into a
new state to create a duplicate.
Build Messaging Experiences on WhatsApp
● Set-up your WhatsApp Business Account in Journey Builder
● WhatsApp must approve your template message – Once approved can personalize and
send with Journey Builder
● Build your audience for WhatsApp Chat Messages in Contact Builder.
● Use Content Builder to create session messages to respond to user-initiated
● After you activate your journey, you can view your WhatsApp Chat Message