1. Kelly Murphy
247 Boston Neck Rd, N. Kingstown, RI 02852 | 401-699-7688 | email@example.com
To employ my knowledge as a health professional to enhance and improve upon client livelihood.
University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI
Master of Science in Kinesiology 2014
Concentration: Exercise Science
Bachelor of Science in Nutrition & Dietetics 2010
Concentration: Community Nutrition Education
Provant Health, East Greenwich, RI
Exercise Physiologist 2015 - present
• Support and clinically educate clients nationwide on exercise, nutrition, tobacco cessation, weight management, etc.
• Support employees in making healthier lifestyle decisions and address behaviors that lead to health risks.
• Establish a personalized wellness program for each employee to promote better quality of life.
Butler Hospital, Providence, RI
Exercise Physiologist 2015 - 2018
• Exercise prescription and training for participants in Smoke FREE research study.
• Monitor and assess blood pressure and heart rate for all participants.
• Conduct baseline and follow-up fitness testing for accurate physiological client profile.
University of Rhode Island Graduate School, Kingston, RI
Kinesiology & Human Anatomy Teaching Assistant for Undergraduate Courses: 2013-2014
• Introduction to Exercise Science
• Human Anatomy Lab Instructor
• Exercise Physiology Lab Instructor
• Fundamentals of Health
CCAP, Cranston, RI
WIC Community Nutritionist 2011-2012
• Conduct client appointments providing nutrition education and plans of action for a healthier lifestyle for pregnant,
postpartum women and their children.
• Assess income and residence status for WIC program certification while maintaining proper client services protocol in
an orderly manner.
• Obtain and examine body anthropometric data, diet recalls and hemoglobin analysis.
Energy Balance Lab, URI, Kingston, RI
Research Assistant 2010-2011
• Recruit and interview volunteers to participate in nutrition studies
• Complete tables and charts that represent research findings
• Guide volunteers through lunch tests in the Eating Rate study
TRAINING & CERTIFICATION:
• ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist, 2018
• CITI Training, 2012
• URI Biological Sciences Teaching Assistant Workshop,
• AHA AED/CPR/First-Aid Certification
SKILLS & EXPERTISE:
• Body Composition (BODPOD, DEXA, Skinfold)
• Blood Pressure Measurements, CPR & SFA
• Hematocrit & Hemoglobin Analysis
• Metabolic Cart & Associated Equipment