3. In 2016, I completed the Masters of Architecture at Queensland University of Technology and in 2013 I
completed a Bachelor of Design at QUT with First Class Honours majoring in Architecture and minoring in
Project Management and Collaborative Digital Design.
I have achieved an overall GPA of 6.14 (on a 7 point scale) in my bachelor degree.
Architecture is an exciting change of career for me.
My professional background is in Project Management at the RFDS and at Accenture.
I bring to any job a strong work ethic and desire to succeed, a willingness to cooperate with others, and a
need to produce quality work. As a result of the knowledge and skills gained through my studies at QUT and
my industry-based experiences, I can offer a wide breadth of skills and experience and a deep enthusiasm
for creating diverse architecture.
5. Graduate Architect
Role: Concept Design for holistic refurbishment of UNSW EEB Building and Rex Vowels.
Working with Architects: Mark Roehrs, Lucy O’Driscoll, Mathew Larme, Daniel Loo and other team members to complete concept design for the
major university renewal project, UNSW EEB CRM.
• Drawing Revit concept design plans from sketches. Updating Revit details after client meetings including; structural details, facade details, wall
details, floor plans, cabinetry details, furniture layouts, wall and floor
treatments, and data sheets details as required.
• Drawing and maintaining within Revit area zone plans, options, and schedules. Downloading /uploading to excel and analysing room data
schedules as changes were made to check m2 per discipline group. Ensuring each group at the University had the required allocated area in
the new design was a critical project measurement.
• Creation of Hassell template for Project Risk to meet audit standards. This was developed for the project and as a result was adopted firm
• Completion of Risk assessments for the multiple stages of UNSW EEB Project.
• Liaising with clients on phone and email to discuss project requirements and changes as required.
• Working with lead architects and sub-contractors to obtain the reports from 15+ sub-contractors and then
completing coordination of Concept Design.
• Coordination and collation of the successfully adopted UNSW EEB CRM Concept Design Report.
• Created Interior Design and joinery detail designs for construction including Reception Desk with
accessibility details, Nurses Stations and bathroom cabinetry for Port Macquarie Hospital.
• Created Interior Design and joinery proposals for multiple University Project proposals.
• Developed Microsoft Office Project Schedules for 2 Health Project Proposals.
2014 - 2015
6. Student Architect
Role: Documentation for Gold Coast Private Hospital Project.
Working with Architects: Paul Anthony, David Brian, Fay Wang, and an external team of 10 + architects and architect assistants to
complete documentation for Trade Tender and Construction.
• Maintenance of door schedule in Revit for 1400+ doors on the project.
• Drawing within Revit; typical door elevations, door details and door sections for issue with Door Trade package.
• Preparing for Issues Revisions from Revit as required by changes made by the team and through external consultants.
• Liaising and meeting with external consultants (engineering and door hardware) to discuss project requirements and changes as required to
• Auditing doors on the fire line to ensure that hardware specified would comply with requirements. Providing markups to Architects for discus-
sion with engineers.
• Creating Crash rails and Corner Guards in Revit across 2 floors of hospital as part of Joinery package.
• Maintaining, updating and checking Joinery Schedule against current drawings in Revit before release of Tender package.
8. Research Assistant to Director of the Centre for Subtropical Design
Role: Scholarship position as Research Assistant at QUT as part of the Vacation Research Experience Scheme.
• Scoping and Design with a multi-disciplinary team with students to create Architectural App proposal
• Creation of prototype iPhone Architectural App - STAC Design
• Presentation of prototype to peers and stakeholders. Preparation of posters for exhibition.
• Creation of website of STAC Design iPhone prototype - http://www.tumblr.com/blog/stacliving
2013 - 2014
Project Manager for Royal Flying Doctor Service Queensland Section (RFDS)
Role: Scoping Stage to Project Construction Completion
APA Design awarded North Queensland Regional Architectural Awards “Regional Commendation’ and “Walter and Oliver Tunbridge Award for
building of the Year”.
• Successful planning, budgeting and reporting for the AUD $7.5 million Mount Isa Base Redevelopment Project.
• Reporting on all schedule changes, risks and solutions, issues and potential variations to the RFDS Project Board.
• Successful professional communication and good working relationships with multiple stakeholders to the projects; RFDS employees,
management and external contractors including architects, engineers, and manufacturers.
• Maintained responsibility and accountability for project decision making throughout the project.
2009 - 2012
9. Accenture Resourcing Assistant:
Resourcing assistant for Accenture’s IT project at Queensland Treasury.
• External Agency Point of Contact.
• Sourced and Proposed Candidates.
• Sought Feedback and liaised with interviewing panel for feedback on resources.
• Visa Support and managing existing resources.
Major Projects as Accenture Manager
/ Consultant / Analyst
• Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company. Employed as a Graduate-analyst in 1996 after
completing the Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Economics with Japanese. Promotion received to Consultant in 1998 and to Manager
• Multiple projects completed with clients in Queensland and interstate, specialising in finance and projects components of large scale
implementations of modular software.
• Clients included: Crane Distribution, Griffith University, CS Energy, Qld Department of Public Works, Housing Queensland, Telstra and
2006 - 2007
1996 - 2002
11. MASTER OF ARCHITECTURE - QUT
BACHELOR OF DESIGN - QUT
2004-2013 GPA: 6.14
BACHELOR OF COMMERCE - UQ
1994-1995 GPA: 5.4
BACHELOR OF ECONOMICS - UQ
1991 - 1993 GPA: 4.5
REVIT, CAD, AND ADOBE DESIGN
PROFICIENT IN SOCIAL MEDIA
INCLUDING TWITTER, LINKED-IN, FACEBOOK
OVER 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE
WITH MICROSOFT OFFICE
SUITE, MS PROJECT, SAP, AND
OTHER FINANCIAL PACKAGES
OVER 10 YEARS OF
Guerilla Project : Catalyst building for Petrie University of the
Sketchup for massing models
CNC machine for physical model
Physical model construction
Internal Courtyard + Art Gallery
Petrie Information Exchange
A structure that can accommodate the House of Representatives outside of
Canberra. The Elaine Elizabeth Darling Forum is the structure in Brisbane in King
The new structure is a gift to the city/town as a permanent facility that adds to their
The new structure is adaptable for multiple cultural events for the city/town.
Elaine Elizabeth Darling Forum
Capithetical competition: international
competition to design a hypothetical Australian capital city.
Viewing seated and standing areas
Circulation around and through the
All lower level bases,chairs,
tables etc storage
on stage rigging system
Large Meeting Room
Adjustable Meeting Room
23. Exhibition Grounds: Bowen Hills
Transport of the mails,
Transport of the human voice,
Transport of flickering pictures- in this century as in others our highest accomplishments
still have the single aim of bringing men together. Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Create 60+ high density dwellings on the Bowen Hills /
RNA exhibition site with a focus on sustainability.
This development is situated in the hub of transport
connections for Brisbane, next to a proposed new O’Connell
The key commitment for this community is to use these
connections, and abandon car ownership.
Physical model construction
24. Train Station
access direct to city and
suburbs. No need for car
ownership in this building.
collecting rainwater on roof
for rooftop garden irrigation of
Rooftops are used for growing vegetables,
fruit, and herbs for the community.
Summer sun shading by
projecting covered balconies.
Northern winter sun warms
the balconies and into the living spaces of
The arcade provides the access point for
both towers, gardens, creche, library, cafe
and share market.
This is the neighbourhood street.
Photovoltaic cells are installed on the sun
shading for the roof top gardens.
single loaded corridors allow cross ventilation
treated grey water
reticulation supply system
recycles water for
landscape irrigation and
toilet flushingConnection to the Earth
Bringing back the Verandah
Sharing the leisure space
Sharing the opportunity to grow to eat
Sharing of lives and stories
Sharing of smiles
25. Animation Design: Howard Smith
Utilising the animation software: Blender, and traditional
architectural methods of site analysis, readings, pro-
gramming and diagramming design; determine and
design a public use for the Howard Smith Wharves site
under the Storey Bridge, Brisbane.
Howard Smith Wharves is transposed from a inner city wasteland into a park, ferry terminal
and amphitheater to meet the needs of the
growing population of inner city Brisbane, Fortitude Valley and New Farm.
The undulating forms of the folie playground provide rest and shade and respite from the
city and were developed through the study of children playing on site.
The Multi-use community space amphitheatre and ferry terminal provide a transport focus
and meeting / performance space for the local community and allow for continued pedes-
trian traffic to enliven and stimulate this corner of the Brisbane city riverside.
26. A designer must first document the existing conditions of a problem,
define its context, and collect relevant data to be assimilated and analyzed.
Blender , Sketchup and Revit
Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
3D physical printer
28. Collaborative Design: Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary Child Care Centre
Solar cells collect the sun and can be
utilised in indoor lighting and any unused
can be sold back to the grid.
Rainwater is used in toilets
and in the laundry.
Rainwater used in garden
Provide a childcare facility adjacent to the Lone Pine
Koala sanctuary, Fig Tree Pocket Brisbane, that will
provide facilities for the families of workers at the Sanc-
tuary and for the local community. The Facility must
work in harmony with the Sanctuary and be based on
principles of sustainability.
Lone Pine Cielo Koala Sanctuary. Cielo is Italian for Canopy.
The Reggio Emilia inspired kindergarten at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is proposed as a
canopy of care for children and for the environment.
Sustainable construction and sustainable maintenance are key principles of the Cielo
proposal. Recycled wood, cork and
carpets to be utilised in the construction. Rainwater harvesting, solar panels and CBUS
aided natural ventilation to reduce
energy consumption in use.
Sketchup for massing models
Hand drawing and sketching
Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
29. Built Works: Bathroom and Bedroom Renovation
Wall to be removed
and rebuilt in line with
Wall to be removed
and rebuilt to form
windows on this
wall that form Meg's
bedroom to be removed
and replaced with
Railing to be removed
in part to form the wall
of Meg's bedroom.
Provide Design and Project Management for a
renovation of a master bedroom, ensuite and
The 1905 house in Ashgrove, had an existing 1970/80’s
ensuite to the master bedroom that was badly in need of update
and no built in wardrobes.
Design Ideas & Construction
The design included a small extension onto the front verandah and a resuming
of some of the playroom space to the rear, to provide opportunity for the walk
in robe and ensuite.
Design attention was paid to maximising the heritage features of the room,
including the owner’s chest of drawers that had sentimental importance,
maximising space in the walk-in-robe and providing a luxurious spa-like atmos-
phere in the ensuite to create a sanctuary for the parents.
MS Project and Excel for Project Management
1153100 100100 50
1775 100100890 3386 100100
1045 100 1500 100 1553 600
Veitch stainless steel
shower channel, 1200 mm long
Showers supplied - this end hand
held bar shower - rain shower other
WALK -IN ROBE
wall to fit
Full length mirror
windows - client
Remove french doors and
fan light reinstall within new
wall on verandah.
fall of the tiles
Mirror cabinets above
vanity, with press seals.
Marble top custom
PRODUCED BY AN AUTODESK STUDENT PRODUCT