O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
A lightening speed introduction to the world of digital design. Targeted at people from graphic design, advertising or marketing backgrounds who are looking to make the transition into the digital design world.
When you have
trouble with things
ﬁguring out whether
to push or pull a
door or the arbitrary
vagaries of the
your fault. Don't
blame the designer.
• Have a look at the event cinemas website (https://
• Pretend that you want to book tickets for a movie on Sunday.
Walk through the site and make note of any usability issues.
• Remember to refer back to the 10 commandments!
• Present your top 5 observations to the group as you would
present them to a client.
• I’m going to put an Event cinemas page up on the screen.
Your task is to re-imagine and wireframe this screen.
• Individually, create a few rough sketches and high level- just
get some ideas.
• In your groups- share your sketches and discuss what you
like or don’t like. Remember, it’s not just what looks good-
think about why you’re making choices and how they will
aﬀect the user.
• As a group, create a single wireframe for the mobile and
desktop views of your page. Remember to think about your
• Present to the group.
• In your groups, examine the website that I have given you.
The focus here should be on their visual design and UI. For
each of the following statements, decide whether or not you
agree, out of 5, with 5 being I strongly agree, and 1 being I
strongly disagree. Note down your reasons!
• This website uses a consistent style guide.
• This website uses visual design to enhance usability and
help users achieve their goals.
• This website does a good job of selling the brand.
• This website feels modern.
#DADigitalDesign | @KatBarrow | @PixelFusion_NZ | @DsgnAssemblyNZ
“Don’t Make Me Think”- Steve Krug
“Rocket Surgery Made Easy” - Steve Krug
“The Design of Everyday Things”- Don Norman
Atomic Design- Brad Frost