1. KARL A. ALLENKARL A. ALLEN
2464 Allsborough Way Tel: 954-478-6085
Dacula, GA 30019 E-mail: email@example.com
SENIOR QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
Expertise in Software Testing for Finance, Medical, Retail, and e-Commerce Industries
• Solid 10+ years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, and executing test plans, test scripts, and
test processes to deliver error-free software.
• Experienced in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including analysis, design,
coding, testing, and deployment.
• Excellent diagnostic and debugging traits.
• Resilient in adapting to new technologies and work environments.
• Developed projects in Waterfall and Agile Scrum Development Methodologies.
• Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to communicate proficiently with both
technical and non-technical personnel.
SYSTEMS TESTING TECHNICAL SKILLS FRAMEWORK
• Black Box & White Box
• Functional & Incremental
• Integration & System
• End-to-end & Regression
• Build Verification, Uninstall, &
• Alpha & Web-based
Quality Assurance Skills & Methodologies
• Requirements Analysis
• Test Plan and Test Case creation
• Defect Tracking/Data Validation
Testing Tools & Software
• Smartbear Test Complete / HP Quality
Center /Rational Quality Manager/
• Bugzilla/ OnTime / JIRA / Confluence
• Microsoft Team Foundation Server
• VM Ware & Oracle Virtual Box
Database & Development Technologies
• SQL Server/PostgreSQL
• DB2 / Apache Subversion/Client Server
• .NET Development /Web-Services
NCR, Duluth, GA ( Current
Experience a new world of interaction
Quality Assurance Test Engineer Lead II – Advanced Marketing Solutions Group
I am working as the Lead Quality Assurance Test Engineering role on an Agile Scrum software development team.
I actively participate in the development of projects for retail industry clients. Main responsibilities are to:
• Support a team of five developers by developing and implementing Quality Assurance methodologies to
ensure compliance with Quality Assurance standards, and customer requirements
• Setup and maintain Quality Assurance Test environments.
• Mentoring one off-shore Junior Quality Assurance Engineer
Creates and executes manual test plans and test cases to uncover, identify, and document software
issues and their root causes. My QA testing efforts have resulted in:
• The Reduction of Certification and UAT testing from 10 weeks to 2 weeks – an 80% drop.
• Pinpointing of previously undetected performance flaw in the design which resulted in the
formation of a full-time Performance Testing Team
• KARL A. ALLEN ( Page 2 of 4 ( firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Assisted in the transition of development to a Test Driven Development (TDD) process – this has
resulted in bringing quality to the forefront of the Software Development Life Cycle, and has improved
code quality with the direct effect being software deliverables which are high quality.
Leveraged background to communicate effectively with NCR’s Customer facing teams, quickly
gaining their respect and becoming a valued ‘go-to” team member.
NCR, East Haven, CT ( 03/2012 – 07/2013
Experience a new world of interaction
Quality Assurance Test Engineer - Professional Services Group
I served as Quality Assurance Test Engineer for a team developing state of the art software for Digital Signage and
Commercial touch screen devices. My Responsibilities were to:
• Perform Functionality, System, Install, Integration, and Data-validation testing.
• Provide detailed test results to Project Managers, and identify flaws for the development teams.
Accelerated average testing turn-around time by up to 30%. Utilized extensive knowledge of QA
procedures to achieve this milestone, resulting in the company being able to reduce the efforts supporting
legacy functionality and instead concentrate on introducing new features.
Designed and implemented a QA program to address software scenarios, regression testing, integration
testing, bug-tracking, and error/bug retests.
Prepared time estimates necessary to achieve the goals for assigned projects/features.
Identified testing risks and proposed solutions to mitigate these risks.
eSCHOLAR, White Plains, NY ( 03/2011 – 03/2012
We know education data
Lead Software Quality Assurance Specialist
Served as the Lead Quality Assurance Test Specialist for a predicting and planning web-based software based on
educational data. My Responsibilities were to:
Define and implement Software Quality Assurance processes to assist the company in transitioning from data
warehousing to offering software solutions based on the collected data.
Established Quality Assurance processes in a data warehouse environment as they developed a web-
based software solution for the educational industry.
Increased quality without affecting time-to-market.
Expanded exposure of Quality Assurance to project owners and stakeholders which resulted in the
implementation of some processes in the data warehouse side of the business.
These processes included:
• Developing and executing test plans with the coordination of Project Managers and Product
• Creating, analyzing, and executing testing strategies and requirements with the coordination of
• Implementing an issue/bug/defect tickets tracking system utilizing Test Complete and Bugzilla
• Performing problem solving analysis and root cause analysis for functional challenges
• Providing timely and detailed testing feedback to project team
• KARL A. ALLEN ( Page 3 of 4 ( email@example.com
3. IBM – Thomas J Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY ( 10/2010 -03/2011
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Contractor)
Served as a member of the Cloud Development Team. My Responsibilities were to:
• Create and execute test cases for various modes of testing including: Functional, Integration, Concurrency,
Regression and database validation in a Web Based development environment.
• Testing activities
• Utilized Rational Quality Manager Project system to manage test plans, scripts, and issues.
• Worked with development and cross functional teams to resolve issues, and established timelines for
completion of work tasks and projects.
QPAY, INC. Miami Beach, Florida ( 12/2007-10/2010
A turn-key financial solutions company, specializing in merchant payment processing systems.
Quality Assurance Analyst
I worked on teams which developed payment processing software for the Telecommunications Industry.
My Responsibilities were to:
• Design test plans and scripts from business and design requirements,
• Execute Test scenarios, and document and assess software defects.
• Perform a full suite of tests to ensure seamless integrations with any billing platform (HO/VeriSign,
Amdocs, Sentori, Primal, and BCGI).
Enhanced software quality by providing best practices and leadership to off-shore teams.
Delivered projects on time and within budget by meeting or exceeding project deadlines.
Developed the framework which resulted in the transition from Waterfall to Agile development
E-FUNDS (a Division of FIS), Sunrise, Florida ( 8/2007 - 12/2007
FIS delivers the most comprehensive range of solutions for the broadest range of financial markets
Lead Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Contractor)
Served as Lead Quality Assurance team comprised of offshore QA analysts. My Responsibilities were to:
• Review software documentation for an Agile-based development to ensure technical accuracy and
compliance and to mitigate risk.
• Perform Web-based functionality, integration, end-to-end, and regression testing.
• Perform extensive database validation testing for Relational databases.
Consistently completed projects on time while directing team members located in different time zones
who spoke a wide range of languages. Remained focused on project initiatives, and delegated project work
by clearly communicating roles and responsibilities.
Garnered high-profile projects by focusing on quality initiatives, continually enhanced technical
knowledge, and benchmarked the industry’s best practices for testing.
LIBERTY MEDICAL, Port St. Lucie, Florida ( 9/2006 - 7/2007
A home delivery medical supply services provider and division of Medco Health Solutions, Inc.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Contractor)
Responsible for developing test programs for database impacts, software scenarios, regression and negatives
testing, error or bug retesting, and usability as well as creating and maintaining known test defects database.
Successfully merged software systems of two large medical supply organizations by collaborating with
implementation team members.
• KARL A. ALLEN ( Page 4 of 4 ( firstname.lastname@example.org
4. PREMIERE AUTOTECHNIKS, INC., Pembroke Pines, Florida ( 6/2003 -2/2006
A start-up automobile performance company for auto enthusiasts.
I created and grew an automotive based business, and spearheaded its sale to a larger concern. Implemented
customer relationship programs and marketing strategies which garnered a lot of positive attention for the
Landed our products in international publications.
Devry University/Keller Graduate School of Management
Master of Business Administration/ Graduate Certificate in Information Security
Bachelor of Science in Technology Management
Westchester Community College
Associates of Science in Engineering Science