1. Miu Miu
Miu Miu was established in 1992 by Miuccia Prada. The name was conceived from Miuccia
Prada's family nickname. Miu Miu has a global presence, with stores in key fashion capitals
worldwide, and is a part of the Prada Group. Miu Miu is known for it’s designs that are
known for being playful, feminine, and unconventional. It publicly launched in 1993, with a
cowgirl-themed collection of fringed suede jackets and patchwork prairie skirts. It first
showed a womens wear collection during Paris Fashion Week in 2006, which was a
significant move in the brands history as it demonstrates that MIU MIU had become strong
enough to exist without the boundaries of Prada, it had become a well respected house in its
own right The brand has also embraced sustainability through initiatives such as "Upcycled
by Miu Miu".
4. core value & Mission
• Creativity: Miu Miu is a brand that celebrates originality. The brand's designs are
known for their playful and eclectic aesthetic, which is a reflection of the brand's
commitment to creativity.
• Femininity: Miu Miu is a brand that empowers women. The brand's designs are
often characterized by feminine silhouettes, soft fabrics, and playful accents.
• Individuality: The brand's designs are not meant to conform to traditional fashion
norms but instead allow individuals to express their unique style and personality.
• Innovation: The brand is sensual and intellectual.By transforming fashion into a
mental state and by utilizing change as the key element to build the world, Miu
Miu achieves a characterful result boasting sensual as well as intellectual flair.
• Upcycle: The upcycling process involves deconstructing the original garments and
repurposing the materials to create new designs. By upcycling existing materials
and reducing waste, Miu Miu is taking steps towards a more environmentally
responsible approach to fashion.
• Quality: Miu Miu is committed to producing products that are both durable and
luxurious. The brand uses only the finest materials and employs skilled craftsmen
to create products that are meant to last.
5. Gap anaylsis
Miu Miu is likely to fit in the high-end luxury gap of
the Indian fashion hierarchy. This gap is located
above the bridge to luxury gap. Miu Miu is likely to
occupy a high tier in the Indian market of luxury
brands. The brand's high-end luxury products
cater to affluent consumers seeking exclusivity,
quality, and unique styles. Miu Miu's positioning is
similar to other luxury brands like Louis Vuitton,
Gucci, and Prada, which are also positioned as
exclusive and high-end luxury brands.
In Maslow's hierarchy of needs, Miu Miu's products
would fit into the self-actualization level. Indian
consumers seeking self-expression, creativity, and
personal growth may be drawn to Miu Miu's unique
and innovative designs. Miu Miu's high-end luxury
products cater to the needs of affluent consumers
seeking exclusivity and quality.
6. Target profile
• TARGET PROFILE : Gen-z and Millennials
• AGE GROUP: (18-35)
• Gender: Male (37%) Female (63%)
• Work Profile: Celebrities, influencers , students, high profile
• INTERESTS: Events, Music concerts, Sports, fashion Show
• PERSONALITY: Avant Garde, Minimal, Sophisticated, Playful ,
wealthy, self confident, expiremental
• Price-Point: Rs. 50k to 1 lakh
• Patrons: Im Yoona, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Hailey Bieber
• Geographic : customers who live in urban areas with a higher
concentration of fashion-conscious individuals
• Consumer Behaviour : Shopping once in 2 months
7. Y india
• Growing Luxury Market: India's luxury market is growing at a rapid pace, with an increasing
number of affluent consumers who are willing to spend on luxury products..
• Diverse Demographics: India has a diverse population with varying tastes and preferences.
Miu Miu's unique and eclectic range of products can appeal to this diverse demographic and
capture a wide range of customers.
• Increasing Disposable Income: India's economic growth has led to an increase in disposable
income, resulting in a growing middle and upper-class population with an increased
willingness to spend on luxury products. This presents a great opportunity for Miu Miu to tap
into this growing consumer base.
• Favorable Government Policies: The Indian government has recently introduced several
initiatives to encourage foreign investment in the country. This includes policies to streamline
the process of setting up businesses and increasing foreign ownership limits in the retail
• Rich cultural heritage: India has a rich cultural heritage with a strong tradition of textile and
handicrafts, which provides opportunities for Miu Miu to collaborate with local artisans and
incorporate traditional Indian motifs and designs into its products.
Overall, entering the Indian market could provide significant growth opportunities for Miu Miu
and help the brand expand its global footprint.
8. How will miu miu enter india
• It is possible for Miu Miu to enter India through a partnership
with Reliance, one of the largest conglomerates in India with
interests in retail, fashion, and luxury brands. Reliance has a
strong retail presence in India through its subsidiary Reliance
Retail, which operates several retail chains and luxury stores
in the country.
• Miu Miu can partner with Reliance to establish standalone
stores in major Indian cities or collaborate with Reliance's
luxury retail chain, The Collective, to sell its products.
Reliance also has a strong e-commerce platform, JioMart,
which Miu Miu can leverage to reach a wider audience online.
• Additionally, Reliance has a history of partnering with
international luxury brands such as Burberry, Ermenegildo
Zegna, and Tiffany & Co.etc to expand their presence in the
Indian market. Reliance's expertise in the Indian market and
its established network could be beneficial for Miu Miu in
establishing a successful retail presence in India.