2. NARRATIVE ESSAY DEFINITION:
• Narrative essay tells a “story or narrates an event”.
• It is an essay in which the writer tells a story from
his point of view or personal experience.
• When the story is sharply detailed, the will be able
to picture the event and see and understand the
experience from the narrator’s perspective.
• Story can be substantial or imaginary.
3. 1.CHOOSING THE TOPIC:
• Choosing the topic to draw fascinating narrative it
can be personal or impersonal.
• Topics like “Your Academic Career”, “First day at
College”, “A Trip to Historic Place”.
• If a topic is given adjust it to a story like pattern.
4. 2.STORY LINE ELEMENTS:
• Most stories contains fundamentals such as
Characters, Plot & conflict etc.
• These help each text to catch the thought of the
reader and make them imagine or feel it.
• Make sure your narrative story comprise of all the
above mentioned fundamentals.
5. 3.NARRATIVE ESSAY OUTLINE:
• To write a good essay, the first thing you need is a
good narrative essay outline or framework.
• Creating an outline is an important part of a good
essay. Divide your essay into three parts:
6. 4.PARTS OF ESSAY:
• Introduction: Start briefly & interestingly and tell
about what are you going to discuss in the main
• Give a synopisis of your interesting story.
• Introduce the topic & state thesis statement no
addtional details in the introduction.
7. 5.BODY PARAGRAPHS OF ESSAY:
• Body paragraphs: Once you have grabbed the
attention of reader, now start story and outstretch
the events of your story chronologically.
• The main body is the section where your entire
essay is concentrated.
• Discuss one idea in each paragraph. Follow logical
patterns & emphasize the experience and tell the
• End your essay with a powerful and strong
• Your essay can have a happy or sad ending,
depending on your story.
• Make sure your essay serves the purpose and
conveys your message.
• Summarize the key points & remind your readers
about the central message.