Kevin is “ a proven leader, authoritative, fast moving, and decisive when working
within his field of expertise and realm of his defined responsibilities; he will ensure
his team is driven to uphold these same standards for quality and time.”
Piedmont, SC 29673
email@example.com - (864) 561-1290
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) Engineer
Kimura Logistics - Piedmont, SC - January 2016 to Present
This position reports directly to Kimura Logistics' North American Vice-President..
Based inside the Magna-DRIVE Automotive facility. Working with Japanese Kimura Kaizen team members to
ensure the effective functioning of continuous improvement business plan. Identifies and eliminates waste and
non-value added activities through continuous improvement in all products and logistics services. Responsible
for improving the business through the involvement and empowerment of entire workforce. Performs a wide
range of Continuous Improvement activities including but not limited to planning/developing/documenting
Kaizen events, performing 5-S audits, material flow, process mapping, capability studies, root cause analysis,
coordination of all department and other support areas during Kaizen activities.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Ability to lead Kaizen weekly with the team
• Ability to develop and use established Kaizen tools
• Ability to train Kaizen to a team
• Fosters positive relationships within the CI function and between the Kaizen teams and the business
• Trains all levels within the organization to develop the mix of skills and abilities ensuring successful CI
• Performs extensive data collection and tracking including but not limited to WIP, labor productivity, rework,
raw material inventory, overtime, to identify and address CI opportunities.
• Assists in the development and maintenance of a business culture, which supports the company's overall
business objectives and goals by providing leadership in issues that involve "cost, quality, process, schedule
• Ensure the company's commitment to maintain of a business a safe workplace and to protect the environment
through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
• Prepare, executes, revises and measures progress of continuous improvement plans.
• Secure critical resources for lean transformation. Develop the lean knowledge of high potential candidates
throughout the organization.
• Ability to travel
• Minimum 10 years in Manufacturing - serving as a change agent with ability to lead business improvement
• Strong process documentation, procedure, and quality background
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Ability to establish priorities, multi-task and detail oriented.
• Ability to work with large volumes of process data and with statistical methods.
• Ability to handle multiple projects
• Time management and understanding of Microsoft Office
• Strong organizational planning and communication skills
Professional Voice Actor
Self Employed - October 2009 to Present
Freelance voice talent represented by four national talent agencies, and two European talent agencies.
Perform voice over work for local, regional, national, and international clients. Working from a professional
home studio recording radio, television commercials, audiobooks, and industrial training narrations for various
regional, national, and international clients.
Continuous Improvement Manager
ZF Friedrichshafen - Gray Court, SC - 2013 to 2014
Responsible for strategizing and implementing Lean Manufacturing principles, techniques, and methodologies
for the most efficient utilization of labor, material and capital.
• Coordinate, schedule and execute Lean methodologies and Kaizen activities
• Foster a culture of moving forward in a change environment and continuously assuring cooperation and
ownership at all levels
• Create operational and Lean Manufacturing training materials including support functions like Logistics,
Quality, and Manufacturing Engineering.
• Track, analyze and report performance vs. capacity operations efficiency
• Develop and perform manufacturing assessments; analyzing gaps and opportunities to improve processes
ZF Friedrichshafen - Gray Court, SC - October 2011 to 2013
Worked directly with Director of Operations to direct and coordinate all plant start-up / manufacturing activities
within this 1,500,000 square foot facility, which is the only 9-Speed Transmission facility worldwide.
• Headcount planning, employee interviewing, and hiring at plant start up and beyond.
• Develop and build relationships to build trust and respect throughout the team and with support functions
• Act as liaison between the company and its customers for quality and delivery issues
• Ensure staffing plans were met and maintained
• Facilitate the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace
• Worked closely with local and international peer department managers and support personnel to ensure
targets and objectives were consistently met
Production Improvement Senior Specialist
JTEKT Automotive Corporation - 2004 to 2011
Directly supported manufacturing operations to increase efficiency and target higher profitability. Supervised
and developed direct report staff. Liaised with manufacturing support areas to identify and address productivity
constraints. Created Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all manufacturing processes. Implemented
many different methodologies over the years including TPS/JPS, Kaizen, 5S, and Lean Manufacturing.
Caterpillar, Inc. Performance Engine Products Division - Fountain Inn, SC - 1997 to 2004
position supervising various disciplines of mid-range diesel engine production processes in a team
environment. This role had complete responsibility for production line scheduling, material ordering and
maintenance coordination. Responsibilities also included career and team development and performance
evaluations for a team of 60+technicians and contractors. Ensured adherence to established standards,
policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction and safety. Managed a departmental budget in excess
of $3M annually.
Special Skills, Training and Certifications
Jaguar-Land Rover Lean Leadership Academy - Halewood
2012 to 2013
University of Tennessee
MS Office (10+ years), Lean Manufacturing (10+ years), Production Management (10+ years), Leadership
(10+ years), Public Speaking (10+ years), Presentation Skills (10+ years), International Travel
Lean Manufacturing_Jaguar-Land Rover
Leading Lean_University of Tennessee
DeSanti Talent Agency; Chicago, IL.