Thank you for your interest in knowing more about me.
Myself Juvair Hossan, an undergrad final year student, who is
passionate about GIS and Remote Sensing. Skilled in geospatial
software, programming, data collection, and analysis.
I have three months of professional working experience as a Technical
Consultant in RS and GIS sector. Strong education background with a
Bachelor of Science focused in Environmental Science from Khulna
University. At present looking for a research assistantship and intern
opportunity in Climate, Water, and Environment-related study.
CEGIS (Center for Environmental and Geographic Information Services) March 2021-May 2021
Technical Consultant, Remote Sensing Division
• Extract settlement from satellite data
• Geo-referencing the field map for the census 2021
• Digitize the Mauza map and Geographic elements
PhD Research of Wageningen University & Research Jan 2021 – Feb 2021
• Collecting field data for the PhD Research on “Environmental Sustainability of the Bangladesh Shrimp
Industry in the context of Climate Change”.
• Visit coastal area (Khulna, Bagerhat and Satkhira) of Bangladesh.
• Report on Shrimp cultivation in southwest coastal region.
ICCCAD (International Center for Climate Change and Development) Feb 2019 -Present
• RISE II (Rethink and Innovate for a Sustainable Environment) program participant.
• Attendance first GOBESHONA Global Conference.
• Trainee- Youth Advocate Training on Water and Climate, 2020.
• Writings Meetings Minute.
• Run Online Survey on “Understanding the Awareness Level & Information Availability on COVID-19
Climate Change among Youth.
• Data Analysis & Poster Presentation.
Research Society June 2020 – May 2021
• Contribute the GIS portion in a research project.
• Contribute on Study Design
• Contribute on Data Analysis
YouthMappers (Khulna University Chapter) Oct 2019 -Present
• Organize day long victory day Mapathon 2020
• Organize “YouthMappers Orientation & Workshop on OpenStreetMap.
• Panelist “International open Data Day 2021- Open Discussion & Quiz Completion”.