O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Judith A. Harrington
262 WEST MOMBASHA ROAD, MONROE, NEW YORK 10950
Tele: (845) 781-0210 · E-Mail: JandMHarrington@gmail.com
EDUCATION: Long Island University, Orangeburg, NY- M.S.Ed. School Counseling, May 2013, GPA 4.0
State University of New York Oswego, Oswego, NY-BA Communication Studies
CERTIFICATIONS: New York State School Counselor K-12
New Jersey School Counselor K-12
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
04/15 – Present LINCOLN TECHNICAL INSTITUTE, Mahwah, NJ
Career Services Advisor
-Provide career counseling to a case load of over two hundred students.
-Facilitate workshops on resume development, networking and “soft skills”.
-Develop relationships with employers and recruiters.
-Organize and administer specialized academic programs.
10/14 – 03/15 NORTH MAIN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Monroe, NY
School Counselor– Leave Replacement
-Conducted CARS, 504,building level and crisis counseling.
-Presented student data for initial and annual CSE meetings.
-Maintained progress reports, goals and objectives for IEP’s.
-Member of weekly Instructional Support Team meeting.
-Participated in parent/teacher meetings to develop strategies for academic improvement.
-Implemented Social Thinking curriculum to address the needs of students who struggle with
Social Pragmatic Communication Disorder and Autism Spectrum Disorder.
11/13 –10/14 MONROE-WOODBURY CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT, Central Valley, NY
Substitute Teacher K-12
-Create classroom environment appropriate to grade level and needs of students.
-Determine instructional methods appropriate for meeting lesson objectives.
-Collaborate effectively with administrators, teachers and staff.
01/13 – 05/13 CHESTNUT RIDGE MIDDLE SCHOOL, Chestnut Ridge, NY
School Counselor Intern
- Provided crisis counseling.
- Counseled students individually and in group settings.
- Developed Study Skills curriculum for 7th
- Worked with school counselors in handling crisis situations.
- Created character education mini-lesson plan program.
- Prepared student schedules and resolved scheduling conflicts.
09/12-12/12 CORNWALL CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL, New Windsor, NY
School Counselor Intern
- Addressed academic, social, personal and family issues with individual students.
- Collaborated proactively with faculty and parents regarding student concerns.
- Developed and facilitated mini-workshops for completing online college applications.
- Prepared letters of recommendation for students applying to college.
07/13 – Present DR. THOMAS J. NARDI, PSYCHOLOGY, Nanuet, NY
-Conducted psychological screening for clients considering long-term missionary work abroad.
-Demonstrated ability to conduct on-the-spot counseling addressing client’s specific needs.
-Prepared comprehensive reports outlining assessments and recommendations.
09/11– 12/12 LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY, Orangeburg, NY
College Admissions & Marketing
- Assisted applicants during admissions process including next steps and follow-up.
- Helped organize on-campus programs and pre-admission events.
- Communicated verbally and in writing with students, parents, faculty and colleges.
- Conducted research on competitive graduate programs for marketing purposes.
09/06 – 06/07 THEVENET MONTESSORI SCHOOL, Highland Mills, NY
- Worked individually and in groups to introduce new lessons within the classroom.
- Facilitated meetings with faculty and parents to track child development.
- Prepared reports to track students’ progress.
07/98 – 4/11 SELF-EMPLOYED: SMALL BUSINESS CONSULTING, Monroe, NY
- Worked to increase office efficiency for small financial and retail businesses.
- Created innovative advertising and promotional materials to generate new business.
- Developed and communicated strategic business and marketing plans.
09/95 – 07/98 AMERICAN EXPRESS COMPANY, New York, NY
Senior Marketing Manager – American Express Relationship Services (03/97-07/98)
- Managed a team directing all aspects of catalog production accounting for sales of $56M.
- Performed statistical analysis of program results to determine optimal product mix.
- Conducted testing to evaluate promotional variables and product offerings.
- Collaborated with manufacturers' marketing staff to develop strategy.
Marketing Manager – American Express Relationship Services (09/95-03/97)
- Conducted financial, demographic and statistical analysis of catalogs with sales of $35M.
- Evaluated all data from previous catalogs to determine marketing strategies.
- Developed correspondence for reporting catalog performance to division.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT TRAINING:
03/15 - DASA Certification
04/14 - NYMHCA Conference Presenter – Incorporating Service Learning in Counselor Ed., Albany NY
02/14 - Power-of-Parents Facilitator Certification – LIU, Orangeburg, NY
04/13 - SafeTALK Certification – Identification of Suicidal Ideation/Behaviors, LIU, Orangeburg, NY
- Human Trafficking, LIU, Orangeburg, NY
02/13 - Supporting the Emotionally Disturbed Student, Orangeburg, NY
01/13 - Helping Students Overcome a Legacy of Underachievement, LIU, Orangeburg, NY
11/12 - Autism Workshop-When Autistic Children Become Adults, LIU, Orangeburg, NY
09/12 - Cyber Bullying Workshop, Finklestein Library, Spring Valley, NY
04/12 - Understanding and Meeting the Challenges of Aging - Long Island University, Orangeburg, NY
- Violation of Trust: When Children Are Abused by Authority Figures, LIU, Orangeburg, NY
03/12 - School Bullying: An Epidemic Impacting our Children, Long Island University, Orangeburg, NY
02/12 - Olweus Anti-Bullying Training – Monroe-Woodbury Central School District, Central Valley, NY
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT: (Spring 2012)
- Developed Career Planning Program proposal to serve female victims of domestic violence.
- Developed Psycho Educational Group Program proposal for bystanders to bullying behavior.
09/07 - Pres. - CCD Teacher, St. Anastasia Church, Harriman, NY
02/12 - Pres. - Olweus Program Monroe-Woodbury School District
05/12 – 5/13 - Counseling Honor Society President – LIU Hudson Graduate Center
- American School Counselors Association
- New York State School Counselors Association
- - Self Directed Search
- Strong Interest Inventory
eSchoolData; Power School; Naviance; Word; Excel; Power Point; Video Explosion;
Adobe Photoshop; PC and MAC platforms
Professional references available upon request.