1. Task One
1) Our production company logo was showed at the beginning of the film but
film producers would usually make the logo look smaller than we showed ours,
ours took up a major percentage of the screen.
2) Our opening sequence used the same title conventions as a real film and we
placed our titles in the same order as most films. This helps our opening
sequence become recognisable of what it is. If we didn’t have the titles the same
as a normal film then the audience might not be able to recognise it as an
opening sequence. The size of the titles are also the same as a usual film as well
as being placed in the same position on the screen as a typical film.
3) Again our titles were made recognisable by having them the same size,
positioning and order as typical films. The font relates to our opening sequence’s
4) This is a shot of the stairs looking up on to them, it is a medium shot that sets
the scene which shows the house to the audience. The plain looking stairs
suggests that it may be a thriller as there are no decorations which gives it an
empty and lonely feel to it
2. 5) Our next shot showed Tom from behind walking through the house looking
around which showed the audience how curious he was about this house but
obviously searching for something or someone.
6) This shot is in a negative filter so our film’s colours are inverted which gives it
a creepy look to make it look like it should be in a thriller film. We filmed this
from outside through the window of the room Tom was in, it showed how Tom
was looking out the window.
7) The title of our opening sequence was shown in this shot and had the effect of
a basic 3D title to make it look simple like a film shown in a cinema or on a dvd.
Our title was on top of our footage and in the middle of the screen at a decent
size. I researched the film Minority Report and they used this method of showing
the title of the film whilst showing footage behind it, so it refers back to
becoming recognisable as a film.
8) This was Tom and Chris walking to find the girl in a different room within the
house but from a shot which was right in front of their faces. We used an old –
looking “sepia” effect. This added tension for the audience and gave the effect
that it was a film ad didn’t make it obvious there was a cameraman.
9) The last shot was angled so it looked slanted angle and caught the bottoms of
the boys’ legs and feet running round the corner, this was the chase scene so it
showed the audience the characters running after each other.