1. JOHNNY MCLAWHORN
Cell (252) 531-7940
TECHNICIAN / TECHNICAL SOLUTIONS
IT CUSTOMER RELATIONS SPECIALIST
Skilled IT professional with experience in electronics (mobile devices) and wireless and hard wired
computers (Win XP,7and 8). Self-motivated and effective leader with an excellent track record and ability
to multitask and reach targeted performance objectives in a timely and efficient manner. Trainer who
use's outstanding technical and communication skills. Over 5 years of training and management of service
● Performance Improvement ● Virtual Box ● Desktop Support
● Windows XP, 7 and 8 ● Problem Resolution ● Energetic
● Self-Motivated/Independent ● Technology Savvy ● Customer Relationships
● Strong Ethics/Dependable ● Persuasive Abilities ● Flexible Hours / Travel
TECHNICAL SKILLS: A+ Certified, Network + Certified, Microsoft OS, Server, and Network Fundamentals
Certified, Wireless Data Devices (Cell Phones, Tablets). Imaging and Re-imaging XP and Windows 7
computers, Acronis, Install of RAM cards, video adapters, hard drives, and motherboards. Troubleshooting
computer hardware and operating systems. Using and troubleshooting virtual machines(servers + clients).
Proficient in providing user and customer technical support over the phone and face to face.
NWN IT CORPORATION Dec. 2014 – Present
Nwn was established in 2000 to help businesses implement advanced IT infrastructure solutions. From
the start, our vision has been to build a world – class company dedicated to solving customers business
problems with smart, sustainable technology solutions and services.
Desktop Support Technician (Contract work at Carolina East Medical Center, New Bern NC)
• I am part of a Citrix Xen App 6.5/Imprivata/Email Roll out Team
• Imaged and re-imaged wired and wireless thin clients(T5720, T5730, T5740, T610 and Opti-plex
• Enrolled Hospital staff in Imprivata SSO. Ensured Nurses and Doctors could use their applications,
email and be able to print through the new system.
• Monitored user and computer activity within Imprivata.
• Configured Wireless networks, used regedit, gpedit, and services to make necessary changes to
• Trained other Desktop techs to re-image their thin clients when my team was not there.
• Helped build and deploy over 100 new COW'S(Computer on Wheels) purchased by Hospital.
• Activated Windows, Installed printers through thin print, used patch management to ensure
updates were installed. Made sure the correct version of anti-virus was installed and updated
• Resolved trust issues on wireless devices since their were multiple domains at the hospital.
• Kept documentation and reported all findings to Network Manager, Network Analyst, and System
2. MCLAWHORN, JOHNNY PAGE 2 OF 2
US CELLULAR, Wireless Carrier 1996 – June 2014
Is one of the largest cellular providers in the US, supplier of world class customer service and industry
leading wireless services to over 4 million customers.
Lead Service Technician (2009 – June 2014)
Updated software on HP Desktop/Laptop running Windows XP and 7. Assisted in migration of windows XP
to Win 7. Downloaded and Stored files on Servers. Performed core technical responsibilities, including the
delivery of superior customer service while investigating and resolving wireless data device and network
problems for customers. I partnered with store and market leadership to provide training and best
practice techniques to provide handset diagnosis, troubleshooting, and technical resolution while
adhering to company processes and procedures.
Ensured service techs were equipped with adequate parts inventory to meet customer demand.
Provided feedback to Service Manager and Store managers on service tech performance.
Ensured service techs were up to date on relevant customer-focused communications and their
technical equipment, including computer hardware and software, are tested and maintained.
Hosted conference calls, meetings, and interviewing with other Sales leaders.
Made sure technicians were knowledgeable of current policies, procedures and repair processes.
Supported the repair process and guaranteed problem resolution utilizing the loaner phone program,
reviewing and shipping phones, charging accounts and notifying customers, validating completion of
paperwork, and ensuring completion of all process to standard operating procedures.
Managed 22 techs across the Eastern North Carolina Market
Service Technician (1999 – 2008)
Sales Representative (1996 – 1999)
Created the ENC current loaner/repair filing system
Created a repair parts inventory system in Track Via that saved the company over $20,000 a year
Trained 95% of our service department
Completed LINC management training.
Achieved awards for best service tech in 2003 & 2004, based on annual audit percentage, customer
satisfaction, and volume of completed repairs in an accurate and timely manner. Outstanding
support award in 3rd
Quarter of 2007 (Directors Club).
Completed OEM certifications for Level II repairs on LG, Motorola, Audiovox, Kyocera, Nokia and
Samsung devices. Level 2 and 3 soldering certified
My Computer Career, Raleigh NC
Currently working on MTA Security Fundamentals. MCSA Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate.
Computer Science Courses, Pitt Community College, Winterville NC
High School Graduate & Diploma, Ayden-Grifton High School, Grifton NC