1. JOHN RUSSEL DAVID
~ Mobile: +971565924119 (Dubai) 09830062777 (India) ~ E-Mail: email@example.com
SENIOR MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
A dedicated analyst, proficient in running successful method-oriented operations & taking initiatives for
business excellence through process improvement, offering over 14 years of experience in Operations
Management, Customer Service and Process Enhancement in Credit Cards and Payment Business with an
organization of high repute. Sales & Team handling experience. Offering a record of increasing
organizational efficiency and productivity improvements
• Extensive experience in managing process operations with an aim to accomplish corporate plans & goals
successfully. Used instincts, insight, judgment, and timing to succeed on tough deal:
o Operations Management focusing on maximizing customer satisfaction, process compliance, etc.
o Process improvement initiatives to achieve maximum efficiency in various operations
• Presently taking care of the Merchant Acquiring Business Sales & Service Operations in Axis Bank for West Bengal
Region based in Kolkata.
• Proficient in overseeing credit card operations, ensuring accurate implementation of company policy & guidelines
and streamlining process of credit card issuance, payments & ease of use.
• Expertise in setting out quality standards for various operational areas; implementing quality systems &
procedures to facilitate a high-quality customer experience while adhering to the SLA
• Abilities in coordinating with internal/external customers for running successful business operations and
experience of implementing procedures and service standards for business excellence
• Skilled in handling reconciliation of payment, risk, documentation and legal cases
• Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal, communication & organizational skills with proven abilities in team
management and customer relationship management
Areas of Expertise:
- Operations Management - Process Improvement - Business Excellence
- Credit Card Operations - MIS Reporting & Documentation - Quality Assurance
- Operational Reviews - Escalations - Team Management
- Training & Career Development - Process Quality Implementation - Audits
- Client Satisfaction - SLA/OLA/TAT Management - Contingency Planning
- Performance Management - Risk Management - Coordination/Liaison
- Letter of Credit - Inward Bill Collection - Bill Discounting
- Merchant Acquiring Banking - Chargeback Specialist - KYC
• Monitoring the overall functioning of processes, identifying improvement areas and implementing adequate
measures to maximize customer satisfaction level
• Conducting internal process audits & process reviews for ensuring strict adherence to the process
parameters/systems as per defined guidelines
• Managing service operations for rendering and achieving quality services; providing first line customer support by
answering queries, resolving their issues and ensuring minimum TAT
• Assessing the customer feedback, evaluating areas of improvements & providing critical feedback to the
associates on improvements and achieving higher customer satisfaction matrices.
• Identifying and implementing strategies for building team effectiveness by promoting a spirit of cooperation
between team members
• Recruiting teams and determining training needs of employees to enhance their operational efficiency leading to
2. Organizational Experience
Since Sep’16 Axis Bank Ltd., Kolkata as Area Sales Manager for Merchant Acquiring Banking West Bengal &
Sikkim Region till date:
• On-boarding customers for Merchant Acquisition Business for West Bengal and Sikkim Region.
• Having a team of 4 On-roll Business manager at different locations within the circle & having a team of 40 outsourced
staff reporting to the Business Manager. Setting up Service center for West Bengal & Sikkim and North East.
• Ensuring that the Region MTD/YTD Sales Target are met and maintaining the average productivity per ASL staff.
• Ensuring that the clients are also utilising the EDC terminals towards volume transactions.(Activation)
• Handling Clients relationships and ensuring that all escalations or service issues of the clients are resolved.
• Cross-selling of other loan products like Overdraft, Card power, Business Loan, etc.
• Ensuring that the applications are processed within TAT and discrepant forms are cured & processed.
• Ensuring that the terminals are installed within TAT in co-ordination with the service provider.
• Ensuring business through branch channel and conducting contest and awards to ensure that the targets are
Since Aug’15 Axis Bank Ltd., Kolkata as Customer Service Manager Transaction Banking till Sep’16
• On-boarding of bills against LC. Responsible for ensuring document checking of applications are risk & policy complied
& sent for lodgement of the bills. Generating Intimation letters and ensuring acceptance before due date of the bills.
• Filing of physical applications and segregating the types of bills.
• Ensuring that the bills are realised on the due dates and keeping track of devolvement of bills for later recovery.
• Interacting with high profile merchants and maintaining corporate relationships to ensure that all request are
resolved on Day 0 itself.
• Arranging for Bill discounting towards vendor finance customers against invoices and Bills of Exchange and
arranging for payments towards the beneficiary.
• Coordinating with inter banks in ensuring that bills are sent correctly and for any modification requirements.
• Generating advices and all relevant MIS’ as per requirement from customers.
Since Jul’12 Axis Bank Ltd., Kolkata & East as Zonal Service Manager -Merchant Acquiring till Jul’15
• On-boarding of applications. Responsible for ensuring KYC checking of applications are risk & policy complied & sent for
processing post seeking approvals
• Interacting with Ops & ATOS Team for release of REV's/TID's and physical installation & de-installations,
arranging franked agreements for EDC Merchant signups
• Involved in liaising with:
o Merchants for timely retrievals & fulfilment along with Chargeback - POS & Migs with a focused approach to
o ATOS for arranging manual settlements, reversals for late settlements & non transaction charges post seeking
o Ops Team for managing asset swapping, recovering funds for terminal charges, Address change, DBA name &
Legal name change
• Handling IPG (Internet Payment Gateway)/E-Commerce Service & Operations query at the region
• Handling refunds to merchants - feedback to be shared with CO team within TAT and issuing chargeback letters
on behalf of the Bank to Merchants for procuring necessary documents
• Accountable for processing:
o Refunds through CCRS module, Short Swipe, Void transactions, Double Debits
o DCC applications / Amex configurations / Emi applications / HPCL reimbursement
• Monitoring NEFT for merchants along with reconciliation breakup, liaising with ACC RBP for the details w.r.t. to
the differences in MPR received at merchants end
• Overseeing MIS related activities for Platinum merchants and monthly performance reports/ Updating MDR
rates / Correct linking of MIDs
• Addressing service issues such as logging of complaints with ATOS for technical / replacement issues MID wise
• Carrying out weekly benchmarking & special activities like preparation of FIRCs, MPR advises to be circulated to
merchants without any discrepancies, along with replying to queries received from the Merchants within 48 hrs
• Organizing meetings with Corporate & Platinum Merchants w.r.t. operational issues together with the Sales Team
• Spearheading all consumer forum, ombudsman & court related cases for Merchant Acquiring Team,
correspondences received for merchant acquiring and providing responses to merchants through e-mail or letters
for final case closures
3. • Monitoring the local dispatch desk for dispatching of merchant payment advices, letters & important documents
and maintaining dispatch registers.
• Maintaining a physical record of all the stationeries purchased and utilized and creating indents for procuring
• Conducting Performance management for Outsourced Staff
o Stellar role in extending support to the Sales Team for achieving CASA target through lead entries and labeling of
o Streamlined the application processing by formulating and implementing new processes
o Instrumental in re-aligning task to different team members for enhancing productivity and creating checks in
Sep’07-Jul’12 Senior Manager/ Regional Operation Manager-Credit Card Operations
Joined the Bank as a Manager and was promoted as Senior Manager in June 2011
Credit Cards Pre-Issuance:
• On-boarding of applications. Responsible for ensuring that all the credit card application forms are received at the
credit rating agency, KYC checking of applications are risk & policy complied at the DIP desk and maintaining
handovers from forms received from Sales team with necessary signoff
• Examined that Tele-calling recordings are basis Tele-calling parameters, data capturing all fields of the application
on the system done through Maker/Checker concept and end to end flat file generation; received all applications
at the credit rating agency (Shell Transource Ltd) are in-warded and processed on Day Zero TAT
• Oversaw that all applications handed over to Risk within TAT
• Handled 95% cases that are STP and curing of all discrepancies within a TAT of 3 working days
• Played a key role in ensuring that KYC & Data Entry Errors are least in comparison to other locations Pan India
• Imparted training to DIP checkers on updated policy and process guidelines
• Organized refreshers and quizzes to update team members
• Involved in Vendor Management- In-charge of the Credit Rating Agency
• Forwarded daily MIS to the Sales Team w.r.t. to dispatch of STP applications, provided reason w.r.t. to NSTP and
Team highlighted top five discrepancies to overcome it
• Imparted training to Sales Executives on discrepancies parameters and provided resolution
• Monitored that Discrepancies are cured within TAT and necessary approvals taken in case of TAT burst cases
Credit Cards Post-Issuance:
• Oversaw Field Verification Agencies for conducting Fields & Telephonic verifications to customers within 24hrs TAT
for within city limits and 48hrs TAT for out of City limits
• Carried out auditing of data entry done at the FV Agencies to check and highlight discrepancies and overall
monitored 3 FV Agencies and providing feedback to CO in allocation of cases
• Addressed branch queries & complaints with respect to credit card customers, coordinated with credit card
departments for resolving customer grievances and attended walk-in customers at branches
• Served as an In-charge of statement delivery for dispatch of statements for Kolkata and Rest of East and ensured
that the RTO% <3% & strike rate >80% of statement delivered on the first attempt
• Involved in reconciling payments of courier agencies and deducting penalty for wrong delivery or customer
• Managed banking ombudsman cases and drafted letters to customers in coordination with CO
• Conducting Performance management for Outsourced Staff and one Bank staff in the Assistant Management
• Played a major role in setting up local courier for statement delivery within a month from joining the Bank and
ensured that statement not received cases reduced to < 5%; closed deal for localizing the statement delivery
with Skylark Courier
• Holds the distinction of being amongst top 2 best performing locations Pan India for the last 3 years
• Bagged Trip to Bangkok Contest for quarter Jan’12-Mar’12 by achieving all parameters and being the best region Pan
Jul’05-Sep’07 HDFC Bank Ltd., Kolkata as Deputy Manager-Credit Cards Customer Services
Promoted from Assistant Manager to Deputy Manager within a span of 15 months
• Led the entire floor of 50 team members for handling incoming calls for customer services credit cards and
addressing queries & problems raised by the customer service executives
4. • Served as an In-charge of 15 ADFC staff for attending calls as per SLA. Managing the entire floor of 50 team
members during shifts
• Monitored that Average Talk Time, Average Hold Time, Service Levels are within permissible limits as set by
• Responsible for rostering ADFC staff in shifts to meet service levels and keep back up during sick leave so that
Service levels are not affected.
• Carried out call observations of customer service executives to check whether the calling script is adhered and
rating the caller in terms of the Tele-calling parameters
• Maintained all call observation sheets for rating the CS Executive
• Responsible for generating MIS of the Customer Service Centre from BCMS software with respect to the Average
Talk Time, Average Hold Time, Service Levels of the entire Centre and sent it to CO keeping appraiser informed
• Oversaw individual customer service executive performance through reports and disseminated feedback
• Responsible for the performance management for ADFC staff
• Achieved Cross-selling targets w.r.t. to Balance Transfer, Cash on Calls and companion cards
• Successfully represented Bank at the Banking Ombudsman at RBI for grievances raised by customers at Kolkata
• Holds the credit of achieving high Service Levels >95% on a monthly basis
• Distinction of being a Best Supervisor for highest cross-sell for Cluster B Mar'06 & Dec’06 and awarded a gift
Feb’05-Jun’05 Bharti Cellular Ltd., Kolkata as Officer-Customer Services
• Received highest marks for ICE ( Instant Customer Engagement ) for 2 consecutive months
Nov’02-Feb’05 GE-Capital (GECBPMSL), Kolkata & East as Customer Service Executive-Credit
• Successfully awarded the highest cross-seller for East in the Flexi-dhoom Contest and winning a GV of Rs 10k.
Jul’02-Nov’02 Vishnu Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Kolkata as International Customer Service Associate
• Played a vital role in achieving highest individual sale on a single day; sold 11 mobiles for campaign freedom
• Distinction of being a verifier in 4 months
2010 Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (Marketing) from Symbiosis, Pune
2000 B.Com. (Honours) from St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata, Calcutta University
• Certificate in Computing (CMC) from IGNOU
• Certificate Course in Credit Cards from IIBF (Indian Institute of Banking and Finance)
• Anti-Money Laundering (AML) from IIBF (Indian Institute of Banking and Finance)
• Member of the IIBF (Indian Institute of Banking and Finance)
Date of Birth: 10th
Languages Known: English, Hindi and Bengali
Address: 128 Haridevpur, PO RC Thakurani Kolkata-700104 India.
(Dubai) – 224 Ali Redha Building Al Qusais Dubai UAE.
Skype ID : johnrusseldavid
I hereby declare that the information provided above is true to the best of my knowledge.