2. about ersg...
ersg is a leading recruiter of specialist professionals for
EPC, Power Generation, Operations, Service, Subcontract
and Maintenance Companies within the Nuclear, Thermal
Power and Transmission and Distribution Sectors.
In a sector which is experiencing a dwindling pool of
experienced specialists (many have retired or moved to
work in other engineering and technical sectors)
alongside an increase in global initiatives, we understand
how important it is that companies are able to partner
with experienced, knowledgeable recruiters who have an
in depth knowledge of both the sector and its scarce
candidate population. ersg utilises our global capabilities
to network, procure and place the best Engineers and
Managers within the energy sector.
Set up in 2008, ersg is a specialist energy recruitment company placing highly experienced candidates into the
energy sector on a Contract, Permanent and Fixed Term Contract basis. We build global candidate pools for our
clients that give them access to the best active and passive specialist candidates in the world.
There are a number of projects planned and currently in progress across the energy sector everywhere across the
globe. We have found however that the pool of candidates with experience of working on projects within the energy
sector has been steadily decreasing. The trends indicate that this is because candidates have either moved into
different markets or retired due to their age and have not been replaced with new upcoming talent. The result is
that skilled candidates are very much in demand at present and the situation is only going to get worse over the
coming months and years.
Fortunately, our candidate reach stretches worldwide, with specialists consultants experienced in working with
candidates from Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific. We understand the importance of increasing global
mobility within the marketplace and are experts at maximising the opportunities this provides on behalf of our
candidates and clients.
We don’t look to work with every business; instead we look to form relationships with a select number of clients
who share similar values and who we feel we can work in partnership with. Only working with a few clients in each
of our specialist markets allows us to partner with our customers ensuring that we can attract the right talent for
them within the energy sector and ambassador their brand within it.
our specialist knowledge...
Globally we can source engineers and managers who
have strong experience within the Energy sector.
These high-calibre professionals only work with a
specialist recruitment partner that fully understands
their skills and experience and can represent them
correctly in the market
Our knowledgeable teams work within specific energy
sector markets meaning that we possess in-depth
industry knowledge. We adapt our processes to suit
both candidates and clients needs providing a more
tailored service than that offered by high volume,
database driven agencies. Our global contact network
provides the broadest reach for our clients and
candidates, offering unrivalled levels of market
knowledge and providing a first class level of service
at all times
3. specialist candidate pools...
Our candidates are the best in their field. Hard to find and in high demand, they work with us because we give
then access to the best jobs and provide them with exceptionally high service and delivery levels. We achieve this
through extensive knowledge, dedicated, knowledgeable consultants and an emphasis on building strong
Our specialist focus and structure means that we know our markets, speak our clients language and deliver the
best candidates available, quickly and efficiently on a contract, fixed term contract and permanent basis.
We have both active and passive candidates available across the Energy sector. Some of the disciplines of
candidates that we have available is below (This is not and exhaustive list)
• Regulatory and Licensing
• Control and Instrumentation
specialist global coverage...
At ersg we believe in ensuring that our consultants
have complete market understanding. We are
constantly undertaking market research and analysis
into both the energy sector and the candidate pools
within it. This work allows us to really understand
both what is happening within the energy sector and
be proactive in responding to any changes that
happen within the sector.
In such a talent scarce environment, we are fortunate
to be unrestricted by geography and are able to tap
into our global network of candidates, many of whom
work with us on an exclusive basis to fulfil our client’s
needs anywhere in the world.
• Civil and Construction
• Plant Layout
4. service delivery...
ersg use a number of delivery models to make sure that we are able to deliver what is needed by our clients at the
times when they need them. This flexibility give us the ability to provide a tailored service to each of the clients that
we work with.
Our candidate sourcing figures reflect our business model:
• 46% sourced via proactive headhunting
• 24% are sourced from referrals from existing candidates already working with us
• 14% contact us directly
• 16% sourced via internet advertising/ Internal database
All of our candidates are pre-screened by an experienced ersg consultant before they are presented to our clients.
Undertaking a pre-screen enables us to better ensure a successful match to our clients requirements and culture.
A typical pre-screening interview by an ersg consultant looks to assess:
• The current personal and professional circumstances of a candidate
• The candidates character in the context of the clients culture
• The professional background of the candidate down to specific projects
• The specific skills: industry, engineering background etc…
• The level of commitment based on skills match, availability, circumstances etc..
Additionally we will always look to cover with every candidate:
• Current situation and other opportunities that they are pursuing
• Precise availability and rate/salary expectations
• Brief overview of career to date
• Ideal opportunity being sought
• ersg consultant provides an outline of the opportunity
• Discussion of relevant experience, covering,
1. Number and outline of similar roles undertaken
2. Approach to undertaking such Roles
3. Key skills that make candidate highly suitable for the role discussed
Finally we will always as a minimum look to take out at least 2 working references from previous relevant employers.
This in depth focus on sourcing and qualifying the candidates enables us to build and enhance both our own and
our client’s reputations as employers of choice. This relationship led approach has resulted in our candidates having
an acceptance of offer percentage of over 91%
• ersg is experienced in contractor compliance. Wherever placed in the world any candidate placed by us are
always employed in the most legal and compliant manner possible
• ersg has a dedicated QA & Compliance team and are ISO 9001 accredited for our quality management systems
• ersg has a dedicated contractor care team
• ersg ensures that SLA reviews take place with every client that we work with
• ersg’s delivery team are experts at candidate and contractor management
• ersg will build and enhance your reputation as an employer of choice within agreed candidate populations
• Confidentiality of Projects