O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
1 to 1 Befriending… What
Quite simply its….
• Initiated, monitored and supported by a voluntary or
statutory agency .
• We match up shy lonely and isolated befriendees, with
more confident outgoing volunteers.
• We encourage them to get out and try new activities
A professional friendship
• Our group befriending came about by accident when
we did not have enough volunteers so invited all our
befriendees to come along for coffee and cake once a
• The format has been so successful, we created a new
service around it.
• We also expanded it into other areas from coffee
mornings in the local Tesco store and once a week
pool sessions at the local snooker hall
• We have also developed two other coffee morning
groups, both in both Girvan and Troon
• Our latest venture is into the realm of distance or tele-
• Here we are hoping to re-connect families and friends cut
apart by geography, health or physical isolation.
• The format is quite new and has its own challenges and
And that’s not all...
• Have days out
• adventures in tree climbing
• bowling tournaments
• with cake and prizes for all
• and yes we will even pay for it
Make a difference today
Be a Volunteer/ befriender with
Having friends is a more important factor in warding off
loneliness than any other form of treatment.
Can you spare two or three hours a week?
and turn this… into this