O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Villa d'Este "one of the most significant and complete monuments to the culture of the Renaissance, an incomparable example of the Italian Garden." UNESCO World Heritage. The garden is probaly the best historic fountain garden in the world. It contains 51 fountains, 398 spouts, 364 jets, 64 waterfalls, 220 basins and 875 linear meters of water canals, tunnels and pipes and yet there is not a single pump in the whole system!!!
First created 28 Aug 2011. Version 1.0 - 1 Sep 2011. Jerry Tse. London . Villa d’Este All rights reserved. Rights belong to their respective owners. Available free for non-commercial and personal use. A Renaissance Fountain Garden, Tivoli
Villa d’Este The Villa d’Este is the most outstanding Renaissance fountain garden in the world. It Is an Unesco Heritage site. It is situated in Tivoli, just outside of Rome, about 40 minutes away on a bus ride. The villa has 51 fountains, 368 spouts, 364 jets, 64 waterfalls and 220 basins. Water are fed by an intricate network of tunnels, canals and pipes, without a single pump!!! View from the villa looking toward Rome, with the new Tivoli at the foothill.
Fountain Garden A view of Tivoli and the fountain garden from the villa.
History of the Villa A corridor around the entrance courtyard. Cardinal Ippolito II d’Este, after the disappointment of a failed bid for the papacy, decided to build a fountain garden here in 1550. The garden was nearing completion at his death in 1572 . From 1605, Cardinal Alessandro d’Este repaired and extended the gardens. Water from the river Aniene is used to feed the garden. The hydraulic facility was based on an understanding of ancient Roman technology and operates only by gravity alone.