1. De Vera, Abigail V.
BSED 2 - ENGLISH
1. The word “cyclops” can be literary translated as “round-eyed”. but many
authors feel that it is derived from a much older word which originally
A. Thief sheep
B. Thief eyed
C. Sheep thief
2. These type of cyclopes are three gigantic and divine blacksmiths, son’s of
Uranus and Gaea, residents of Olympus.
A. Homer’s Cyclopes
B. Hesiod’s Cyclopes
C. Hephaestus’s Cyclopes
3. The cyclopes had a knack for metalwork and handicraft and eventually
ended up being the workmen of Hephaestus, whose workshop was supposed
to be in heart of the volcanic mountain_______
4. This dragoness was set by Cronus to guard both the Cyclopes and the
Hecatoncheires for all eternity in Tartarus.
5. They played a crucial part during the Titanomachy through forging Zeus’
mighty thunderbolt along with a trident for Poseidon and a helmet of invisibility
2. A. Cyclopes
6. ________Killed both Steropes and Brontes
7. ________Type of cyclopes with a race of unintelligent and ferocious
shepherds living on the island of Sicily.
8. ________A man-eating monster, who described by Homer as having been
blinded and outwitted by Odysseus.
9. ________Most famous buildings attributed to the Cyclopes.(Give one)
10. _______The three Cyclopes mentioned by Hesiod.(Thunderer, Lightner
7. Homer’s Cyclopes
9. Walls of Tiryn, The Lion Gate at Mycenae
10. Arges, Steropes and Brontes