O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
The team picked up trash to the
full two-mile planned route on
project work day. The team made
the process more efficient by
changing the direction of how we
walked the route. We split up the
resources on project work day
into two groups and parked a car
at the end of the route to shuttle
team members back to the
starting point. This also allowed
the team to clean the median
with ease and limited the
distance team members needed
to carry the heavy trash bags.
Though we gave ourselves a hard
stopping point of 2PM, slitting up
the task and staying within scope
allowed us to complete the
project early (just after 12PM).
Safety Discussion took place before we executed the
• Topics included:
– Wear bright colored items
– Rain causes slick areas, be careful not to slip and fall
– Heavy traffic area, watch for cars
– Stay in groups and look out for each other
– If someone approaches asking for money, say no and keep
– Wear gloves and be cautious of sharp objects
– For non emergency injuries we have a first aid kit
– For emergency injuries there is an ER on the route (on the
north side Camp Bowie at the Bryant Irving intersection)
From 9am-10am part of the group passed out fliers to local
businesses near Tarleton (along the cleanup route). Though it
was an add on scope to the original project, our team agreed to
do it because we believed it added value to the university, and
we were able to accomplish the task with minimal effort.
In order to compensate for it being a scope addition, team
members who wanted to participate in this effort volunteered.
Four of the six team members arrived an hour early to pass out
fliers to 20 businesses:
Boots Shoe Repair, Edwin Watts Golf Store, Style Me
Pretty, Jason’s Deli, RLB Car Dealership, Starbucks, Esoteric
Salon, Jack in the Box, Babies on the Boulevard, Tom
Thumb, Stein Mart, Fuzzy’s, Pro Cuts, Walgreens, 711, Bank
of America, Goodyear, Braums, and Red Wing.
• Clean up Tarleton
Thank you all for what you are doing” -Tarleton
Thanks so much for your efforts to help keep Fort
Worth beautiful!” -City of Fort Worth Solid Waste
“We love Tarleton. Hang up the poster up front”
Items picked up
• The team each picked up at least 35 cigarette butts and placed them in a
• The team picked up as much visible trash as possible that was on the route
• Typical items included cigarette butts, mini liquor bottles, candy wrappers,
and fast food objects