By: Jared, Harsh, Brendan and Hussein.
MUMBAI FILM CITY
INDIAN FILM STUDIOS
Ramoji Film City Mumbai Film City Noida Film City Cinema of India
HISTORY OF THE INDIAN FILM INDUSTRY!
• Bollywood was first brought to Bombay, India. In the form of the first six silent films by
the Lumiere Brothers in 1896 during the British colonial reign.
• But it was photographer Harischandra Sakharam Bhatavdekar, who made history by
producing India’s first motion picture film based on a recording of a local wrestling
• After the turn of the century the movie industry evolved and expanded at increasing
speed after the release of Dadasheb Phalke’s film, “Raja Harishchandra” in 1913.
• After that India’s film industry soared to new heights through the silent and golden era
as well as incorporating languages such Telugu, Tamil and Kannada into many films.
Scene from Raja
HISTORY OF MUMBAI FILM CITY
Mumbai Film City was established on
September 26th 1977.
By three cinematic visionaries in
• Shri. V Shantram
• Shri B.R Chopra
• Famous actor Dilip Kumar
As well as two film and development
• Maharashtra Films
• Stage and Cultural Development
Basic Full Day Package:
• Full Day w/lunch: 2500 rupees.
Consists of everything included in other
• Mumbai Film City Tour
• Bollywood Dream Tour
• Live Show Tour.
For prices and other tours offered click
on the link below.
• Mumbai Film City Tour Prices/
Package: Cost in Rupees Cost in Dollars
Full Day Package ₹2,500 $49.20
TOURS OF MUMBAI FILM CITY
• The Kanheri Caves are located in Sanji
Gandji National Park
• Admission to the park is 50 Rupees for
locals and 100 rupees for foreigners.
• The cave was built for group worship
and has a very strict and disciplined
KANHERI CAVES 2
The caves show the predominance of Buddhism in
this part of western India during ancient times
More than 2000 years old
The Kanhere caves are also great for anyone who
enjoys the outdoors and loves to be close to nature
THE ELEPHANTA CAVES
• The original name for the Elephanta
caves was once Gharapuri but was
changed by the Portuguese in 1987
because a large statue that resembled
an elephant was found near the cave
• Most sculptures in the cave were
defaced by the Portuguese while using
them for target practice
• The Elephanta caves are located in the
vicinity of Mumbai (The financial capital
THE ELEPHANTA CAVES 2
• The age of the Elephanta caves is
unknown but is was believed to be
created in the late 5th to late 8th
• Tours are usually interested in the 4
hour tour to the Elephanta Caves
• The tours are include a one hour boat
ride to the island which takes one hour
and the once in a lifetime experience of
viewing the many different sculptures
in the caves.
TOURIST ATTRACTION FOR BUSINESS
Mumbai is the fashion capital
• Cheap rate products.
• Bargaining is necessary.
• East fashion meets West.
• This the place where fashion starts and
• Most foreigners came here to buy
clothes and follow traditional fashion
wear as well.
Leather industry Textile industry Watches
• High quality leather
• Prices are still under
• Place where you can
find camel leather and
even when it is banned
• Cheap labor
• Delivering high quality
• Designer dresses
• First copy brand
• Almost 5-10% cheaper
than the original price
THE HEART OF FASHION IN
• 385 shops in row and each shop is just about 10*10 ft.
• Shopkeepers they earn for like 1000 dollar for a month
Products lines include:
• Traditional dress
• Leather product
• Fashion accessories
• Imitation jewelry
• People can fin the top class brand products which are
actually a first copy but though with quality and design
would be same.
• Again negotiations skills are mandatory
• But fact is people do live in this place
• 1 room is all for everyone
• Interesting fact is the home over here is a=worth
of aprrox 200000 dollars as per Canadian
• Survival skills are important.
• Major part is mass production of local
products at this place.
• Food industry ,leather ,textile ,watch
manufacturing units at small scale.
• Not all but many people are self- employed.
• They manufacture at cheap rates and quality
and design is about the same as the original
CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS
• Mumbai main language is Marathi
• Famous for local complex train services
• Also for food manufacturing fashion and different amazing places
• City which population is almost 4 crores
• A city which has the fastest growing economy and is also a hub for business
BEST FOOD STREETS
• Vada paav is the major street food eatable across Mumbai.
• Almost half the population eats as a one time meal
• Taste is spicy, but comes with a option (of what?)
• Cost is almost 12 rupees per two buns and two potato balls
• Another famous street food is Missal pav.
• The street food starts with 12 rupees and ends up with almost most costliest dishes.
• Local train services that only close for 3 hours .
• Most complex train system network which passed through from center of the city
and divides city into two parts.
• Fastest transport services.
• Reasonable travel rates to use on a daily basis
• People travelling through train is more than 2 crores a day and so heavily crowded
that if any new person enters they might step off at wrong station.
• According to Forbes 500 they gave
them six sigma title even though they
are not using any technology
• Best thing they use a coding complex
language that only they can understand
• A saying that, “even Mumbai can be
closed for a day but the this
dabbawala’s never ever get late.”
• Click on this word Mumbai Fast Services
check video of this dabbawala’s services.
WHO ARE THE DABBAWAALA’S?
• Service provider
• Direct the tiffin boxes to their designated place .
• Place means the exact table and exact offices.
• They hardly make any mistakes. They use colour
coding, signs and some numbers to direct this
dabba’s to its designated place.
• A team network which only they know and perform
• Apart from this they have a widest network of service
chain inside the city and maximum 8th grade level of
• But they diligently provide service and also punctual.
• Mumbai is a place it’s hard to find accommodation but easy to find wonderful tasting food and
• A city that prides itself with being a tourism adventure within itself because of it’s systems that
allow you to be entertained and astounded with wonders, without having to use your phone.
• A people who are known for adapting and creating new ways in which to earn money and
better theirs lives while making their way out of poverty.
• In Mumbai, people may not have the same quality of life we do but they do live each and every
day of their lives to the fullest.
• Mumbai will always be a tourist attractions because of it’s amazing preservation of ancient
sculptures, literature and monuments. As well as it’s traditional and cultural festivals that are
unique to this amazing sub-Saharan continent.
• For more information you can click on the above mention links to get full information about the
In conclusion, we hope you enjoyed are presentation and either gained some interest
in to the wonderful city and attractions of Mumbai, India or enjoyed the animations.
Either way have a wonderful afternoon!
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.