JMD Railtech is an experienced Rail Engineering company and an Authorised Engineering
Organisation (AEO) providing signalling services across a broad engineering spectrum.
We employ a wide range of experienced, competent and licensed engineers, who possess the
required knowledge of standards, procedures and processes of various railways in Australia,
UK, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia and India.
We provide a total signalling solution in
• Signal Design, Wiring works, Construction & Site works, Testing and Commissioning
• Train Interference Testing
• Signalling & Commissioning Management
• IRSE and ARTC Licensing
• Training and Competency Management
ISO 9001:2008, 14001:2004, OHSAS18001:2007 Certified
Our Values - Accountability, Customer Focus, Integrity, People and
Value for Money
Sydney • Ingleburn • Melbourne • Perth • York • Birmingham
• Mumbai • Noida • New Delhi • Bangalore • Singapore
5. Global Senior Team
Deputy General Manager
Managing DirectorR. Mifsud
General Manager – India /
Design Manager - UK
Training & Competency
Senior Testing &
Our leadership team has extensive experience in all aspects of rail
signalling engineering. Our broad spectrum of expertise and the ability
and flexibility to deliver the project lifecycle, enables JMDR to be the
provider of choice.
• York (UK)
• Birmingham (UK)
• Sydney, Australia
• Melbourne, Australia
• Ingleburn, Australia
• Perth, Australia
• Noida, India
• Mumbai, India
• Bangalore, India
Locations of Works
Our Capacity to Work and/or Current / Previous Locations:
1. Australia wide (NSW, WA, SA, Queensland, Victoria, Tasmania)
2. UK (York, Derby, Birmingham, London, Swindon, Manchester
and UK wide)
3. India (all over India with current projects in Delhi for Delhi
Metro, Jaipur, Manikpur, Orai, Kota, Jodhpur, Mumbai, Noida,
Allahabad, Jhansi and many other places)
4. South East Asia (Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Taiwan and
5. New Zealand
6. Middle East
Vision and Values
Rail industry provider of choice for people, signalling services and
Our Values - Accountability, Customer Focus, Integrity, People and Value for Money
Preferred Supplier Agreements
Transport for NSW – Sydney Trains
➢ Design Drafting Services
➢ Design Reviews and Verification
➢ Master Service Agreement (MSA) – Construction
➢ Master Service Agreement (MSA) - Engineering
➢ Supply of Subject Matter Experts – Signal Design
➢ Rail Infrastructure Panel of NSW
John Holland / CRN
➢ Authorised Signalling Design Organisation for Country Rail Network CRN
Alstom UK – Framework Agreement for Design Services
Novo Rail - Tier 1 Position for Signalling Resources Panel
ARTC – Standing Offer of Service
NSW – Contingent Workforce Panel
Framework Agreement / Panel Member
Advantages of Framework Agreement / Panel
1. Qualified by Audit based on
a) Safety, Quality, Process and Systems
b) Competence and Resource Availability
c) Value for Money and Competitive Pricing
2. Rates negotiated and locked where the rates are based on measurable unit rates. Where the rates
are not locked in for fixed price, simple quotes are required for price with resources, program
3. One Page Work Order to simplify the paper work
4. Volume Discounts where applicable
Services - Concept to Completion
and Location Cases
Signalling Service UK Australia India South East Asia
1 Design Grip 4 to 8 ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓
2 Design (Concept to Detailed, Relay to CBI) ✓ ✓ ✓
3 Records Updating and CAD work ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓
4 IRSE Licensing and Assessments (total solution) ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓
5 Cable Route ✓ ✓
6 Cable Installation ✓ ✓
7 Location Cases and Wiring Racks ✓ ✓
8 Termination of Cables ✓ ✓
Installation of Signalling Equipment and
Construction Works ✓ ✓
10 Panel Works ✓ ✓
11 Signal Support Perway ✓ ✓
12 Testing ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓
13 Signalling Work Packages and Test Plans ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓
14 Principles Testing ✓ ✓ ✓
15 Commissioning / Commissioning Support ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓
16 Provide Signalling Resources ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓
Concept Design to Detailed Design; Relay to CBI Interlocking
• Design Correlation, Detailed Site Surveys and Signal Sighting
• Concept Layouts, Functional and Operational Specifications, Signal Plan
• Track Insulation Plan (Bonding Plan), Cable Plan
• Control Tables, Circuits and Data
• Design Integrity Test Plan
• Weekly / Safe Notices and Drivers Diagrams
• We also provide the services of Design Reviews and Independent Verifications
15. 15Signalling Design (UK)
Scheme Plans, Specifications, Risk Assessments, SAT, DA, SORA and Correlation.
Location/REB Design, Stage works, Fringe works, Control Tables, Bonding, RRI,
Geographical, SSI Data, Microlok Data, TFM Schematics, Data Link Schematics,
Cable Schematics, Cable Core Plans, Level Crossings, Panels, CAD, Records.
• In-depth knowledge of the Competency Management System’s operating in the
Rail Industry within UK and Overseas
• IRSE Approved Assessing Agency
• On site and Off site wiring and installation
• Factory Acceptance Testing
• ISO 9001 Certified - Quality Management System
• ISO 14001 Certified - Environmental Management System
• OHSAS 18001 Certified - Occupational Health & Safety
• Link Up - UK Qualified Supplier
• AEO - Authorised Engineering Organisation – ASA TfNSW
• IRSE - Approved Licensing Scheme Agency
Recent Projects (UK)
• Cross Rail Anglia - Relock
• Cross Rail Anglia - Ilford & Gidea park Remodelling
• East Nottingham Modular Re-signalling (ENMR)
• Records Updating - Arun Valley Resignalling project, Pool to Woole
• Cross Rail Anglia - Cross Rail West- Stage K (Inner & Outer) & Stage-M
• Westbury - 650V Power cable renewal, GRIP 5 - Design and Verification of Location Case
Design, Design Specification, Location Survey Report.
Recent Projects (UK)
• London Overground Capacity Improvement Project, GRIP 5 – Relocatable Equipment
Building (REB) Design, Control Table amendment.
• East London Line - Platform Extension, GRIP 3 – Option selection, Feasibility Study
• Nottingham-NewarK Castle & Grantham Re-Signalling, Stagework, (ENMR) GRIP 5 - Scheme
Plan, Bonding Plan, Signalling Design Specification, Location Design, Correlation Update, Red
& Green work, Fringe Locations, Control Table updates.
• Other projects such as Doncaster GRIP 7, Pool to Wool GRIP 7 & 8, Finsbury Park to Alexandra
Palace GRIP 8, East Nottingham to Newark Modular Signalling GRIP 5
• IRSE Licensing (Alstom, Mott Macdonalds and Others)
Recent Projects (Australia)
• TfNSW – RCR – Aurecon – WSP / PB - ATP and Advance Management System – Concept Designs of most
areas and Detailed Designs of nominated areas (GSFT & SIT)
• TfNSW – Sydney Trains - Assisting with System Integrity Issues on day to day basis.
• TfNSW – Sydney Trains - Numerous Control Systems Projects – Design & Testing Support
• TfNSW – Sydney Trains – ATRICS Project (Yennora) – Design of Control Systems – First ever ATRICS
Project contracted out by Sydney Trains
• Novo Rail Alliance with TfNSW - Hornsby Remodelling – Testing & Commissioning Works (Project is in
Progress, commissioning in Jan 18)
• TfNSW - Laing O’Rourke – Wickham Transport Interchange – Panel Works (in Progress)
Recent Projects (Australia)
• Laing O’Rourke - Lindfield Sub-Station – Signal Design, Construction, Testing & Commissioning Works
• Zinfra - Gosford Sub-Station – Signal Design, Construction, Testing & Commissioning Works
• Downer – 11KV Upgrade – Signalling Works at Homebush
• Arup, Beca and SMEC – Various Design Packages
• Sydney Metro – Possession Planning
• TfNSW – Novo Rail - Parramatta Turnback – Testing & Commissioning including Design Integrity
• TfNSW – Novo Rail - Westmead to Granville Resignalling Project - Testing & Commissioning.
• ARTC Singleton – Converting Relay Interlocking to Microlok Design and Principles Testing
Recent Projects (Australia)
• Glenfield Junction (South West Rail Link Stage 1) - Another major junction upgrade and multi-
discipline project – Design Independent Verification, Design Integrity Test Plan, Testing including
Principles Testing and overall Commissioning Management. Successfully commissioned on 10th June
• Auburn Junction (LGCUP Stages 9, 10 and 11) – A major junction upgrade and multi-discipline project
– Testing & Commissioning, Design Reviews and Independent Verification. Successfully commissioned in
between Dec 13 to Jan 15.
• Drayton Junction – Concept to Detailed Design (Signalling Functional Specification, Signal Plan, Control
tables, Power Calculations, Bonding Plan, Circuits, Data, BOM, Design Reports) and MISS Testing
• Updating of Certified Commissioning Copies of Sydney Trains (Hornsby, Hurstville and Port Kembla) and
Network Rail, UK
• Newcastle Truncation Project Commissioning
Recent Projects (India and South East Asia)
• Delhi Metro Rail Corporation - Independent Design Verification – Control Tables – for Lines 5, 6, 7, Line
8 and Kochi Metro. The integration of Interlockings utilises two interlocking systems working
simultaneously, namely Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) Interlocking and Solid State
Interlocking (SSI). The SSI system would come into effect when non-CBTC trains are running.
• Alstom – EDFC (Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor) Project – Area 102 (113 Km) – Complete Signalling
Installation works including Civil Works (except for Cable Route)
• Alstom – Tada City – Test Track for North West Rail Link Trains manufactured in India for TfNSW,
Australia – Complete Signalling Construction Works.
• Siemens – Parel – RRI Interlocking Wiring Works
• Siemens – Nawacity – Signalling Construction Works including Cable Routes and all Installation Works
• DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) – Bombardier – Signalling Installation works (OCC) for Line 7.
Recent Projects (India and South East Asia)
• Assistance with Principles Testing in Singapore for Thales
• IRSE Licencing (35) for Taiwan High Speed Rail Corporation; IRSE Licencing (12) for Bombardier in
• Ansaldo – TPWS Works
• Principles Testing in Malaysia
• Completion of Axle Counter Projects in India for Siemens India - Supply, Installation, Testing and
Commissioning of Multi Section Digital Axle Counters (MSDAC) with installation works of more than 111
Detection Points completed for Pali, Makrana, Durgapura and Gandinagar.
• Route Relay Interlocking (RRI) Project at Kota – Alterations to Route Relay Interlocking to convert
Goods Line No. 4 to Passenger Common Loop at Dadhdevi of Kota division – The works included
installation, wiring and pre-testing of 18 Relay Racks and 3 Cable Termination Racks.
30. Key Members
Dilip Goyal Managing Director
Signal Engineer, M.Engg – Electrical, FIRSE, RPEQ, MIEAust, CPEng
More than 31 years of experience in the rail and engineering industry having worked as a Graduate Engineer, Project Engineer,
Test Engineer, Signals Construction Manager, Commissioning Manager and Program Manager of Railways Signalling in NSW
delivering large number of signalling projects from concept to handover. He is now the Managing Director of the JMDR Group.
Richard Mifsud General Manager – AUS (Engineering)
Signal Engineer, BEng - Electrical
Senior Manager with multi-discipline management experience in railways across signals, communications, electrical and civil.
Richard is managing all aspects of signal engineering at JMDR across Australia and has managed the process of AEO
accreditation. He has more than 26 years of experience in railway signalling and brings significant experience in the areas of
Signalling Management including Design, Construction, Testing & Commissioning Management, Asset Management, Maintenance,
Interface Management and Staff Management. He values competency and customer relations and nurtures staff to ensure we
deliver works with our core values.
Vilas Sawant General Manager IND (Engineering) / Design Manager - UK
IRSE 1.1.150D; IRSE 1.1.160
More than 25 years of experience. Responsible for design coordination, design and independent design check, resource planning
& project management of Indian, UK, US & Australian Railways. Experience covers the preparation of Signalling Plan and Design
& Independent Checking of Railway Signalling designs, which includes Signalling Scheme Plans, Signalling Plans, Bonding Plans,
Location Area Plans, SSI/RRI Control Tables, Locking tables, Route Section Plans, Aspect control Charts, Outline Project
Specification, Design Specification, Circuit diagrams and Cable Plans, Power loading calculations, level crossing gate control
circuits, SSI I/O circuits, Microlok I/O circuits, automatic signalling.
Darren Martin Design Manager (AUS)
Darren has over 32 years of experience in the field of Signalling Design in the NSW rail industry. He is currently working for
Sydney Trains Control Systems on behalf of JMDR as a Signalling Subject Matter Expert, converting control tables to ATRICS
simulation data. Prior to joining JMDR he was employed by Sydney Trains in the role of Technical Specialist, working as
Verifier and SME on the K2RQ (where he verified the Control Tables on behalf of Sydney Trains), Ashfield ATRICS and Sydney
Box TD Replacement projects amongst many others. During his career he has worked on almost all major NSW projects.
31. Key Members
Bruce McMurtrie Senior Testing & Commissioning Manager
Bruce has over 40 years of rail signalling and communications experience having worked in numerous roles with excellent
project management, interface management, construction and testing & commissioning experience. Recently Bruce has
managed the commissioning’s of a very complex multi-discipline project (LGCUP) of more than $400M. He is also a Workplace
Assessor and has previously managed projects such as Homebush Bay Rail Link and numerous Re-signalling projects.
Adam Toffolo Project Manager Signals/TIC
Signal Engineer, BEng - Electronic
Adam has over 12 years’ experience in Australia and UK. He commissioned Stage 11 Auburn Junction Project (Multi-discipline
complex Re-signalling Project >$400M) as a TIC. He has worked on other high profile complex projects such as Epping to
Chatswood Rail Link, North Shore Headways and Homebush Turn back. Previously, he had managed and delivered a portfolio
of MPM projects for the City/Inner West Region of Sydney Trains.
Jarrad Kircher Signal Commissioning Manager
Overall 14 years’ of experience in testing, commissioning, maintenance and project management of signalling projects in the
railway industry in Australia. Jarrad has worked in a range of positions including Signalling Testing Manager, AEO Package Lead,
Commissioning Manager, Senior Project Engineer, Project Manager, and Tester In Charge.
Colin Oxborrow Principles Signal Design Engineer
BEng - Electrical
With over 26 years in the Railway Signalling Industry, Colin’s wealth of experience extends to the Design, Review and
Independent Verification of all aspects of Signalling Design. He has recently undertaken design reviews for the GLRL and
Auburn Stage 10 (LGCUP) projects (including the production of Control Tables in XML format using the latest version of
EGG 1648). In addition to his experience at Auburn Junction, Colin undertook the XML Control Tables Difference Listing
works, developing a procedure to enable changes to be tracked on XML Control Tables. Colin previously worked for
RailCorp as a Design Verifier.
Jen Forrest Project Manager
BA(Hons) – International Business Studies
Highly proficient and versatile Project Manager with a demonstrable track record of accomplishment in various sectors,
delivering multiple projects across the public and private sector. Detailed knowledge of full project implementation cycle
including setting scope and governance, planning, resource management, progress, budgetary controls and mitigating risks
driving successful implementation within timescales. Operationally astute with exemplary communication skills; engaging
with key stakeholders and influencing decision makers.
Richard Hobby Training & Competency Manager
Richard Hobby is the Training & Competency Manager. He responsible for ensuring that all necessary JMDR Engineering Staff
achieve and maintain the relevant competencies for the role that they perform. Prior to joining JMDR he was responsible for
the management of the internationally accredited IRSE Licensing Scheme at IRSE UK. He managed the competence of all
persons engaged in the safety critical railway signalling & telecommunications work. He has wealth of experience within
Competency Management to provide confidence and support to both clients and employees in the Competence Management
System JMD Railtech operate.
Jonna Paw Senior Signal Design Engineer
BEng - Electrical
Overall 18 years experience in the Railway Industry, focusing on the design, review of relay and processor based Interlocking
Circuits / Data, Signalling Arrangement, and Train Control System. Jonna has designed Signalling Plans, Control Tables,
Circuits, Bonding Plan, Cable Plan, Power Distribution, Control Distribution and Signalling Functional Specifications. Her
experience also includes managing and commissioning of signalling systems of numerous signalling projects and ATC on-board
Singadurai Pandian Deputy General Manager (Engineering)
BE (Electronics & Communication Engineering)
Overall 25 years of experience in the field of Railway Signalling which includes Testing and Commissioning of Various
installations on Indian Railways (Western zone, Mumbai Division). He has vast knowledge of Electro-mechanical, RRI, Microlok
II Location Cases, SSI Location Cases, Free wired location cases, REB for LX with MCB-OD and Axle counters
“In September 2014, JMDR became an IRSE Approved Assessing Agency and were
authorised to undertake both Workplace and Competence Assessment on behalf
of the internationally accredited and globally recognised IRSE Licensing Scheme.
With first-hand knowledge of the IRSE Scheme, JMDR promise to provide you an
assessment service that is professional, efficient and timely.”
Richard Hobby is our Assessing Agency Manager.
JMDR has carried out more than 92 IRSE Licensing Assessments.
• 20 IRSE Licensed Designers and 30 other Design Engineers based in India
ranging from Designer to Design Manager with total staff of 75 permanent
staff plus contractors
• Competitive Pricing
• Additional Designers based in Australia and UK.
• A number of highly skilled engineers with Australian and UK practices with
good planning round the clock working improving delivery timescales
• Training in Australian and UK practices and standards
• Local interface with Clients
• Overseas staff all undergo specific training before deployment.
• Signalling Design training for staff ongoing, CAD, BST, IST, AST, Location,
• Weekly training for staff on design best practices.
• Ongoing training for Installation, Testing and Commissioning Staff
• Trainee scheme in place for Interns, Graduates and Apprentices.
• Clients requirements will be accommodated.
• Upcoming Training facility in Noida.
Offices in Sydney and Mumbai with staff of 5 (May 2008)
Offices in Sydney, Ingleburn, York, Birmingham, Mumbai, Noida, Delhi, Bangalore
and Singapore; and more than 129 permanent staff globally working in Australia,
UK, India, and many sub-contractors. New company registered in Singapore now.
Working in Australia, UK, India and South East Asia (Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore