1. Tel: 415.989.1188
www.advancedemployment.com • www.construction-worldwide.com • www.IT-nationwide.com
San Francisco, CA
Our client provides General Contracting and complete Project Planning and Management services and
serves California's most dynamic markets from multiple locations throughout the state. They are a
leader in the construction of advanced technology facilities as well as office buildings, interior
improvements, seismic retrofits, and special purpose facilities and are consistently rated among the
nation’s safest builders.
The success of our client’s company is founded on the professionalism and dedication of their
employees combined with the integrity of relationships with their customers. Their management style
integrates a client focus, innovative thinking, teamwork and leadership to deliver better projects for
their clients. They have built and maintained their reputation as a service and client-oriented company
who meets the ever-changing and growing needs of their customers.
If you have the qualifications for this position and if you’d like to be part of this
well established, financially stable and successful company, apply today!
The Superintendent shall support the Senior Project Manager or Project Executive (as applicable)
in matters regarding project costs, overall scheduling, and client relations.
The Superintendent has authority and responsibility for the physical construction of the project. The
Superintendent shall supervise trade employees and plan and manage subcontractors in establishing
construction means and methods, scheduling, coordination, workplace safety and harmony. The Project
Manager has the authority and responsibility for all administrative decisions for the project. The
Superintendent and Project Manager shall work in teamwork in order to achieve the project goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Implement and enforce Company’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program, and OSHA, State and
Federal Safety regulations with regards to Company employees and subcontractors.
2. Responsible and accountable for planning, directing, and supervising the construction work on a
2. 3. Responsible and accountable to assure that project costs do not exceed the estimated costs for
a project. Responsible and accountable for all costs for direct work, field job expenses
(supervisory labor, equipment, materials), and field changes to subcontractors.
4. Responsible and accountable to assure that the timely completion of the project (and all project
milestones) in accordance with the Contract Project Schedule. Responsible for any required re-
scheduling and the impacts thereof.
5. Responsible and accountable for project quality control and Owner satisfaction with the finished
6. Manage subcontractors in the scheduling, coordination, and performance of their contractual
7. Supervise Company assistant superintendents, foremen, and craft labor. Develop Company field
personnel for additional responsibilities.
8. Read and understand the Project Estimate and subcontract scope of work.
9. Develop look-ahead schedules and run subcontractor meetings.
10. Prepare Daily Reports that accurately and completely reflect project work, activities, incidents,
delays, and essential discussions. Prepare Daily Reports each day and submit to General
Superintendent as required.
11. Assign cost codes to labor and expenditures per Project Estimate per chart of accounts.
12. Assist in resolving labor jurisdictional disputes.
13. Assist Project Manager in developing monthly total project cost projections.
14. Assure that project site, and Company facilities, equipment, and vehicles are properly
maintained, kept clean, and present a professional appearance.
Supervise assistant superintendents, foremen, and craft labor as appropriate for project.
Minimum of 10 years experience as a Superintendent on large and complex projects in excess of $15
million. Advanced understanding of Enterprise software cost reports, and budget/commitment
3. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Educational and experience requirements include: Four years of technical training or equivalent
experience. Minimum of eight years supervisory experience in similar facility construction technology,
methods, equipment, tools and work procedures required. Advanced understanding of construction
scheduling cost control, and ability to control and supervise large groups is essential.
DOE. Please include salary requirements.
Our client’s benefit program includes (offered only if hired directly with our client):
Medical, dental and vision coverage
Flexible spending account - Section 125 Plan
Short and long term disability
Vacation and holiday pay
Educational assistance programs
HOW TO APPLY
1. Preferred Option:
Visit http://www.advancedemployment.com/jobs/openings/ (or http://tinyurl.com/nspbwhu) and
link yourself to this job opening through our website. You’ll see an option to upload your resume.
2. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Superintendent” in the subject line.
If you feel you’re highly qualified for this position, feel free to follow-up with a phone call to 415-
989-1188 x 11.