16. BAS APP EXP Market readiness Research Councils Commercial Investment Venture Capital TSB and its co-funders funding Types of Project Blue sky Feasibility Technology Demo System Dev. System Qual. Technology Development Prod. Prototype Commercialisation
19. Gateway Review Process Does the application pass the Scope Gateway question? Yes Proceed to review process... No
21. Very important document – cannot proceed through the competition without it – each section has specific relevance – it is not words for words sake .
24. Section 1: All questions are equally weighted The Business Proposition Question 1 What is the business opportunity that this project addresses? Question 2 What is the size of the market opportunity that this project might open up? Question 3 How will the results of the project be exploited and disseminated? Question 4 What economic, social and environmental benefits are the project expected to deliver to those inside and outside of the consortium and over what timescale?
29. Section 2: All questions are equally weighted The Project Details Question 5 What technical approach will be adopted and how will the project be managed? Question 6 What is innovative about the project? Question 7 What are the risks (technical, commercial and environmental) to project success? What is the project’s risk management strategy? Question 8 Does the consortium have the right skills and experience and access to facilities to deliver the intended benefits?
34. Section 3: All questions are equally weighted Funding and Added Value Question 9 What is the financial commitment required for the project? Question 10 How does the financial support from the Technology Strategy Board and its funding partners add value?
66. The lead partner is provided with this number when the Technology Strategy Board application form is obtained. The HEI will be required to input this number onto the online Je-S proposal form in the Project Details section currently under Your Reference
72. P.I. Submission Research Office HoD Je-S Acceptance R.O Submission to meet deadline Submitter Pool Technology Strategy Board
78. Competition email From: TSB Competitions Sent: 28 April 2010 12:59 To: ‘firstname.lastname@example.org' Subject: User log in details for 1003_FT1_MED_DT Regenerative Medicine Programme (RMP) Developing Therapeutics (DT) Fast-track (FT) Hello Xxxx Please find your log in details below:- https://tsbcomnn.ftpstream.com Please copy the address and paste it into your browser address bar User name = applicant99999 Password = A5GyuBpj You will be asked to change your password on your first log in Many thanks The competitions team at the Technology Strategy Board Unique application will be attached
82. The public area holds generic documents and full instructions on the use of the site. Click to download. To access your personal space, click on the login tab Press to login to your secure area Check the competition name !
83. Enter your login details and click the check box to accept the terms and conditions. Click the login button at the bottom If this is your first login, you will be required to change your password. This must be at least 8 characters long You will need to tick the T&C’s Box each time you enter the site.
84. You will see a list of files that exist in the folder (if any) Click the upload tab to open the file upload application
85. Click Select Files to show the file browser Select Your file and click Open Files waiting to be uploaded will be shown with a pending status Click Start Upload to upload the file(s)
86. Once uploaded, the files will appear in the list. satisfy yourself that your submission has the right name and file type/size.
103. Trusted Services What is Trust? 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing. 2. Custody; care. 3. Something committed into the care of another; charge. 4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one: a public trust. b. One in which confidence is placed. 5. Reliance on something in the future; hope. 6. Reliance on the intention and ability of a purchaser to pay in the future; credit.
110. Key trends impacting Information Security to 2020 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 5 Infrastructure revolution Data explosion An always-on, always-connected world Future Finance Tougher Regulation and Standards Multiple Internets New Identity and Trust Models
122. May 8 July Formal opening 19 May Process for Smart Meters, Smart Homes Competition June Sept-Mar 31 March 2010 July/Aug Informal briefings Prepare Full Application Assessment Contract negotiation Project delivery