2. Informal letter essay is created
for pleasure. It is an amusing
mixture of facts and your own
thoughts on the topic written in
the conversational and less
serious tone to engage your
3. The informal essay can be informative as well as persuasive; the
only difference you can express your opinions, investigation,
and humor more openly and in a relaxed way. It has no strict
style but still should have a strong structure (however, not so
rigid like formal essays have).
4. Essay informal letter is much more
personal comparing to other
academic papers. It can be about
your own beliefs, attitude towards
some controversial issue (for
example, the death penalty,
abortion, marijuana legalization,
animal testing, school uniforms,
etc.), or personal experience.
5. Here are some tips on informal essay letter writing:
◦ Choose a title
It is a crucial component of an essay. It helps readers whether your
written piece is worth to read. Some people read essays just because of
interesting and catchy topics. So, choose the best informal essay topics
and convince the readers your paper is worth their time.
6. ◦ Define the purpose
Although you’re writing an
informal essay, it must have a
clear and meaningful thesis
statement which shows your
readers about what this piece
writing is about.
7. ◦ Correct format
Despite the type of your essay is informal, keep your language formal
and clear. However, you can use idioms, colloquialisms, etc. if your
teacher allows you to do so. So, there is no specific format for this kind
of essay. However, it shouldn’t be a mess but a well-structured, easy to
read and appealing written piece.
8. ◦ Body
There are plenty of techniques you can use in your body
◦ Compression: emphasize the main ideas of the essay and
compress into a few words less important points. Feel free
use informal essay examples.
9. ◦ Time inversion: start your
written piece with details
about the middle part of the
story and then continue from
10. ◦ Withholding: write provocative
questions but don’t give your
readers answers to them
immediately; withhold crucial
information up to the end.
11. ◦ Foreshadowing: give some exciting facts and remain them
unpredictable to your audience up to the very ending.
12. ◦ Actually, it doesn’t matter
which techniques you will
choose; the body of your
essay must present readers
the whole view of your
selected topic. It should also
involve all main ideas on the
topic (one point per one
13. ◦ Express your point of view
In informal essays, you’re allowed
to use “I” and “you”. Essay writers
can not only speak about
themselves but also address their
audience directly. However, be
consistent throughout the whole
essay. Don’t start with one point
view and change it at the very
14. ◦ Informal essay structure
Stick to the “5-paragraph essay”
format: write a catchy
introduction, informative and
appealing body, and a strong
15. ◦ However, cheap informal essay
writing doesn’t really require a
specific format so feel
completely free. About essay
length: there are no limitations
but try to write a short and
16. ◦ Think about your audience
It is crucial to know who your readers are: make sure they will
leave with positive feelings after reading your essay. Try to
your audience and leave it begging for more. Use custom essay
writing service, if you need professional help.
17. ◦ Use accurate transitional words between each paragraph.
◦ Give a credit to an original author if you’ve cited his/her work in your essay.
◦ Do a research before writing your essay: you should be an expert on a
◦ Don’t plagiarize: originality is the key to success.
18. ◦ Don’t overdo informality: use slang
and colloquialisms wisely.
◦ Express your own thoughts and ideas
and be yourself.
◦ Create a suspense (as authors of
fictions usually do) and make your
◦ Find the balance; your story shouldn’t
sound overly funny or too boring.
19. ◦ Add examples, interesting quotations,
pictures, and so on to keep your
audience curious. You can even tell a
joke or interesting anecdote.
◦ Stick to this amazing rule: “Do not
follow any rules”. Express your points
openly, be witty and amusing but
reasonable about the level of
informality. Find more information on
the topic in this Google book.