Submitted by:- Hemant Arun Thakare
Enrollment No :- D/21/059
Course code :- DE-206
Submitted to. :- Er. S . S. Chopde sir
Date of submission:- 12/10/2022
• Boiler Act contain the Law related to registration and
inspection of steam boiler
• This Act may be called the Indian Boiler Act 1923
• This is applicable to all boiler (water tube &fire tube )
• All boilers owners are required to follow this
legislation In a strict sense .
AS PER THE DEFINITIIN OF IBR
Boiler is closes vessel in which steam is
Generated for external to itself but does not
Include pressure vessel if..
Capacity exceeding 25 liters..
Desingn &working pressure less than 1kg/cm2 .
Water is heated below 100°C .
DUTIES OF PERSON INCHARGE :-
• To chech wheather the all boilers are registered or not.
• To check all the boilers are according to the
Provision of act.
• To check the boiler and its mounting and accesories
• Advise the owner regarding the maintenance and
and inspection of boiler.
REGISTRATION OF BOILER :-
• Boilers have to be registered before they can be use.
• The owner of the boiler shall give an application for the
• The inspector shall examine the boiler and find the
maximum pressure at which the boiler may be operate.
• The employes shall not use for pressure higher than the
That permitted by the chief inspector.
INSPECTION OF BOILER :-
a) Checking Registration Number of the Boiler.
• b) Carry out thorough visual inspection of boiler inside and
outside after proper cleaning.
• c) Checking defects like crack, erosion, corrosion, bulging,
pitting, deformation of pressure parts etc.
• d) Checking of thickness of pressure parts.
• e) Checking of Mountings and Fittings.
• f) Witnessing Non-destructive Testing if required
PENALTIES OF ILLEGAL WORK :-
• Any owner of boiler who. In any case in which a certificate or
provisional order is required for the use of the boiler under
• Uses of the boiler either without any such certificate or order
being in force or at higher pressure than the allowed therby.
Shall be punishable with fine which may extended five
hundred rupees .
• Uses or permits to be used a boiler of which he is owner and
which has been transferred from one state to another such
trans having been reported as required by section “6”
ADVANTAGES OF IBR :-
• As the complete system is manufactured using IBR approved
materials, the Risk of an explosion is Minimized.
• As approved by IBR, there will not be Legal complications
which in turn ensures peace of mind
• IBR design and construction compliance ensures longer tube
life & lesser breakdown
• Finally, Overall Safety Assurance. Indian Government-certified
third party inspection