• What is web development?
• Front end development
• Front end development technologies
• Back end development
• Back end development technologies
3. WHAT IS WEB DEVELOPMENT?
• Web developing usually refers to developing the website for the internet as well as for
intranet. It is building and maintenance of website.
• Its the work that happens behind the scenes to make website look great and perform
well with seamless user experience.
• It is creation for dynamic web applications
• Examples of web applications are social networking sites like Facebook or E-
Commerce sites like Amazon.
• There are 2 divisions of web development front-end development and back-end
4. FRONT END DEVELOPMENT
• Front end development refers to producing a web application so that a user can see
and interact with them directly. It is a process of creating the layout of a website.
• The objective of designing a site is to ensure that when the users open up the site the
information in a format that is easy to read and relevant.
• A front-end developer architects and develops websites and applications using web
technologies. Which run open web platform or act as compilation input for non web
• Also known as client-side development
• The skills we can use are HTML,CSS,BOOTSTRAP
• HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. It is the most basic building block
of the web. It defines the meaning and structure of the web content.
• It is not a programming language, It is a standard markup language used for
creating web pages.
• Markup language is a set of tags <>
• It describes the structure of a webpage and consists series of elements.
• Html file always saved with .html, .htm
• CSS stands for cascading style sheet. It is the language we use to style an HTML
• CSS describes how html elements are to be displayed on the screen, paper, or in
• CSS is used to define styles for our webpages, including the design, layout and
variations in display for different devices and screen size.
• CSS saves a lot of work. It can control the layout of multiple web pages all at
• Bootstrap is a free front-end framework for faster and easier web development
• Bootstrap includes HTML and css based design templates for typography, forms,
buttons, tables, navigations and many others, as well as optional java plugins.
• Bootstrap also gives us ability to easily create responsive designs
• Responsive web design is about creating web sites which automatically adjust
themselves to look good on all devices, from small phones to large desktops.
• Back end development controls what goes on behind the scenes of a web
application. It is a creation of the functional part of a website its what makes the
• Also known as a server-side development
• Backend usually consists of three parts. A a server, an application and a database
• Users can’t see how the backend works but this code is what communicates the
database information to the browser.
• Back end development technologies: SQL and PHP
• SQL stands for the Structured Query Language. It is designed for managing data
in relational database management system(RDBMS)
• SQL lets us access and manipulate databases
• SQL is a database language, it is used for database creation, deletion, fetching
and modifying rows, etc.
• It allows users to describe and define the data in database and manipulate it
• It can retrieve data and executes queries against the database.
• PHP is a server side scripting language, that is used to develop Static websites or
Dynamic websites or Web applications. PHP stands for hypertext Pre-processor.
• PHP scripts are executed on server and free to download and use.
• PHP can collect form data and can add, delete, modify data in your database.
• PHP can be used to control user-access and to encrypt data.